Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Alabama Section

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

As John said above...

The match will be held at the Steel City Sport Shooters Association in Hoover, Alabama (just south of Birmingham) March the 5th and 6th.

Randal Webb (DrawandDuck) will again be the Match Director.

It will be a 1 day format. ROs and a limited number of shooter on Friday; Competitors shoot Saturday.

Match fee is $110

8 Stages + Chrono with 150-175 rounds.

Cash payback and plaques

Additional information will be posted in this thread and on the Alabama Section webpage when available.

Peter Adams

FY-39604

Alabama Section Coordinator

2010ALSTATEENTRYFORM.pdf

Should have the match hotel on board by weeks end. I had been speaking with the Hyatt Place (last years match hotel) but was unable to work a deal....The best rate they would offer us was $114 per night :surprise: last year it was $75. Right now it is looking like a hotel right off I-459 on 280, will post when finalized.

Randal

I don't care which hotel it is as long as I get to hold the key to the handcuffs we're going to use to shackle you to your bed at a reasonable hour.

;)

I was wondering when it was going to start......took about 7 days longer than I expected......Registration and Keeper of the Important documentation has been removed from my plate....See, screw it up and that is one less thing you have to worry about next year!! Planning on booking a room at the match hotel this year......

Your reasonable and mine probably aren't the same...... :ph34r:

Edited by DrawandDuck

I am proud to announce that CPWSA has signed on as our Match Sponsor!!

The match will be a ONE DAY, Level II, 8 stage + chrono. RO's and a limited # of shooters on Friday, all others shoot on Saturday. Registration will be from 7:00pm - 9:00pm at the match hotel Friday (Recommended) and from 7:00am - 8:00am Saturday morning at the Range

Match will be a Plaque + Cash payback. Payback and plaques will be distributed by HOA, AL State Champion, & Division/Classes.

High Lady, Senior, Junior, & Military/LE will be recognized PROVIDED the required minimum number of particapants is met.

The amount of pay back depends on the number of competitors within that division.

Plaque & Payback will be paid through 4th place based on the below criteria.

Place # of Competitors Required for plaque and payback

1st ..... 3

2nd..... 6

3rd..... 9

4th..... 12

If anyone has specific questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

I have secured a NEW match hotel for $69.99 + tax per night, which is a GREAT DEAL. Apparently there is a soccer and softball tourney match weekend and Good Hotels are scarce. Standard rate for this hotel is $99.99.

It is only 12 miles from the range via interstate.

The match hotel info is listed below;

Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest

160 State Farm Road, Birmingham, Alabama 35209

Telephone: 205-940-9500 Fax: 800-713-5499

www.druryhotels.com

To make reservations, please click on the link below. http://www.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?groupno=2081229

HOTEL HAS A BLOCK OF ROOMS UNTIL FEBRUARY 19TH, RESERVE EARLY...

The hotel offers great amenities, such as:

· FREE! HOT! QUIKSTART ® Breakfast- Enjoy scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, Belgian waffles & more!

· FREE! Evening Beverages (beer, Mixed Drinks & wine) and Snacks now served daily from 5:30-7:00pm

· FREE! High-Speed Internet Access in Every Room

· FREE! NEW! Free Long Distance - One Hour Every Room, Every Night!

As information becomes available it will be posted at the following Sites;

AL Section Site

http://www.ipscalabama.com/

Hope to see everyone in March,

Randal

post-6763-1262274877_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrawandDuck

Below is a breakdown of last years match...you B class Limited boys need to split it up a little this year....AND with all the SS shootin' going on down at EAGC I expcect to see large increase in that division as well!!

Division...........Total GM...M....A....B...C...D..U

Limited..............47....1.....6....5.. 21..9.. 4...1

Limited_10......... 4.....0....1.....0....1..1...0...1

Open ...............33.....2....5...10....9...5...1...1

Production........19......2...1.....0....4...6...4...2

Revolver...........4.......0...1.....0....2...0...1...0

Single Stack .....1.......0...0.....0....0...1...0....0

Total:............108.......5...14..15..37..22..10..5

Edited by DrawandDuck

I'm going to try to make it this year.

with all the SS shootin' going on down at EAGC I expcect to see large increase in that division as well!!

I may have a go at it. I'm going to shoot our classifier match (2nd Sunday in January) so I should be calssified. :sight::sight::sight:

I'm going to try to make it this year.
with all the SS shootin' going on down at EAGC I expcect to see large increase in that division as well!!

I may have a go at it. I'm going to shoot our classifier match (2nd Sunday in January) so I should be calssified.

Just friggen great. Shoot open the the first week of January, then SS the second week. My brain will be in severe overload. You may want to email everyone, this is good opportunity for folks to get classified before the Alabama match.

Match update...We have 3 pistols we will be giving away by random drawing and planning to have more merchandise by match date.

That's really nice, but I bet I bet not a one of the gun winners will want to swap for the shokbuffs I'll win..... :surprise:

Keep those applications coming.....I would like to have as many entries as possible by the first of February so I can get the plaque order to Manny so all the winners can leave with award in hand. I have designed one of the best looking plaques I have seen in a long time, not that I am biased or anything but it is REALLY NICE looking .....AND the more entries the more MONEY that comes along with them......

Match update...We have 3 pistols we will be giving away by random drawing and planning to have more merchandise by match date.

That's really nice, but I bet I bet not a one of the gun winners will want to swap for the shokbuffs I'll win..... :surprise:

I guess that would depend on if you are better at being LUCKY or skilled at shooting........that's a tough one but I will keep a pack of shokbuffs handy just in case :roflol:

Since it seems your open gun has taken ill are your shooting the SS???? I'm sure you will have lots of company.....