Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

A very special thanks to Rich from Canyon Creek he put some awesome guns on the table!! Thanks for supporting us with those great weapons. We hope we can work with you again in the future.

Complete list of guns...

Canynon Creek Open Max Michel

Canynon Creek Limited Robert Vogel

Canynon Creek L-10 Todd Kunz

Canynon Creek Prod David Sevigny

Canynon Creek Single Stack Kyle Seipp

Smith & Wesson Revolver Certificate Matt Griffin Revolver

Springfield Armory XDM 40-RO Don Zimmerman RO Drawing

STI G6C Dan Vestal RO Drawing

STI G6 Terrell Porter Jr. Random

Springfield Armory 1911 A1 GI Mil Spec Dirk Root Random

Springfield Armory XD 9 - 3.8 William Beatty Random

Springfield Armory 1911 A1 GI Mil Spec Charles Bernasek Random

Springfield Armory XD 40 Tactical Gary Stevens Senior lifetime award

Springfield Armory XD 9 Tactical James Sheema Super Senior GM %

Springfield Armory XD 9 Tactical Nick Greenfield

Richard Heinie 1911 A1 Custom Carry (High percentage) Paul Thompson Senior GM %

Jet Guns XD 9 Certificate Chris Keen First M Limited

Jet Guns XD 9 Certificate Tony Hawkins First M Production

STI G6 Lee Neel First M Open

Glock Glock Certificate L 10 Tom Nichols First B (A won the division)

Sig Sig 226 Benjamin Stoeger Area 5 Winner

STI G6C Nick Neel Junior (High Junior Male)

STI G6C Sarah Irish Junior (High Junior Female)

STI G6C Eva Micklethaite High lady (Sarah already had a gun for high lady Junior)

STI 2011 Frame Kit Ted Puente High Law (Bob already had a gun)

We know that one guy in the random didn't make it to the match... as long as he paid and wasn't refunded we decided to leave him in the drawing. Dale is checking to see if there was a refund issued, if not, he gets the gun. If, in fact, a refund was issued we will do a random for the remaining gun.

JT

Edited by JThompson

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great match. Very well run and organized. Stages were challenging and I was found not worthy at the other end of the gun. A fun time was had by everyone in my group and we will be back. Thanks to the staff and everyone who had a hand in running this match. The weather man should have his teeth kicked in. :lol:

A very special thanks to Rich from Canyon Creek he put some awesome guns on the table!! Thanks for supporting us with those great weapons. We hope we can work with you again in the future.

Complete list of guns...

Canynon Creek Open Max Michel Division

Canynon Creek Limited Robert Vogel Division

Canynon Creek L-10 Todd Kunz Division

Canynon Creek Prod David Sevigny Division

Canynon Creek Single Stack Kyle Seipp Division

Smith & Wesson Revolver Certificate Matt Griffin Division

Jimbo,

You did a great job with this match. Are you doing the next year too? :D:D:D

DVC,

Sandro

Edited by Flexmoney

Ask me after the rest of the props are put away, the rest of the guns awarded, and if I haven't been lynched, I might consider it. Dale and I have to agree to do it. It took both of us to pull it off and neither one is interested in doing it alone. I think we compliment each other fairly well, so we both have to agree. Also, Ray Hirst is interested in doing the match at PASA next year, so that's a consideration. If we take the match, he will get it the following year or visa versa.

I was thinking of making a poll on it to help us decide where to hold it next year. Let the shooters decide...

Vote here:

http://a5match.info/

Edited by JThompson

Jim,

Just got my vote in, hope it is in Tri County next year. Is a list available of how shooters scored overall, not just by division?

Thanks again, I had a great time.

Did you have someone is specific in mind? The answer to the question is yes, but I don't want to post everyone online. There are security issues, both civilian and law enforcement, which prevent me from doing so. That would be a nice option for the USPSA website. They already have a password system in place and could add that to the results page pretty easy.

I can tell you how you and a buddy did overall if that's what you want to see.

Best,

JT

Jim,

Just got my vote in, hope it is in Tri County next year. Is a list available of how shooters scored overall, not just by division?

Thanks again, I had a great time.

Did you have someone is specific in mind? The answer to the question is yes, but I don't want to post everyone online. There are security issues, both civilian and law enforcement, which prevent me from doing so. That would be a nice option for the USPSA website. They already have a password system in place and could add that to the results page pretty easy.

I can tell you how you and a buddy did overall if that's what you want to see.

Best,

JT

PM sent.

We'll have the rest of the guns posted on here and the website this evening.

I'd like to send out a personal thank you to Gary Stevens. My error put him in line for the Custom Carry gun Richard Heinie built for the Area 5 match. I explained my error to him and he was very understanding. The custom gun will now be awarded to the person that deserves it. Let me rephrase that, Gary showed real class and I wish I had two so I could give him one too. The custon gone will be awarded to the senior who shot the highest percentage of their division GM. There was no GM in Gary;s division. Kudos to Gary for showing the integrity that we have come to expect from him as our Area director. Gary, the other error on your retirement date... you can disregard what I said to you at the match. :)

Thanks pal...

JT

Hey JT....

Is there an award for the most glass in one's back seat ?? :roflol:

Ah Nick, if there were, you would be the winner for sure. That might also be tied for the shooter who was in the most trouble for attending the match. :o

How'd it go with the insurance company and the wife?

JT

Hey JT....

Ah Nick, if there were, you would be the winner for sure. That might also be tied for the shooter who was in the most trouble for attending the match. :o

JT

Well.......I am on probation with the wife for a little while but with some good deeds that will end. Even going through my insurance it ended up costing me a big chunk of change. I hope to hear some good news from Dale concerning this but I am not holding my breath. This could very well be the most expensive match I have ever been to.

Hey JT....

JT

Well.......I am on probation with the wife for a little while but with some good deeds that will end. Even going through my insurance it ended up costing me a big chunk of change. I hope to hear some good news from Dale concerning this but I am not holding my breath. This could very well be the most expensive match I have ever been to.

I was wondering if we could use it as a prop next weekend?

Not trying to be nosy but it sounds like an interesting story.

What happened to the car???

See post #358.......back window was hit by a ricochet.

I think what happened was that a bullet from a miss on the steel climbed the wall, went straight up and back a bit then right down on your window.

We had a bunch of the top dogs tell us they liked the match. Max sent me this and I thought I would share it here:

Hey JT-

I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for putting on a great Area 5 Championship. You and your staff did an amazing job on the stages and everything ran extremely smooth.

Despite the weather conditions, you guys found a way to keep things moving along safely and efficiently. I must say the entire operation was first class and felt like a National Championship with the stage difficulty/top notch staff. I truly look forward to shooting the Area 5 once again next year.

Take some time to rest and please thank your staff for me as well.

Thanks again!

Max

We also have to award these prizes yet...

We have some Rudy glasses, some range bags donated by Brownell's and Shooters Connection. Brian's 550 press will also be awarded! We should have those done this weekend, sorry for the delay, but we're trying to get caught up on the job and everything else that was put on hold.

JT

Edited by JThompson

My new CANYON CREEK CUSTOM LTD XDM arrived tonight. Wow! What a nice pistol. By far the best prize I have ever won. Thanks Rich.

Thanks JT and Ray, and all who helped with the match, and STI for making it a contingency match. I really enjoyed the match. I live in Area 5, but this was the first time I have ever shot the Area 5 match. I almost skipped it this year. Glad I didn't.

Complete list of guns...

Canynon Creek Open Max Michel

Canynon Creek Limited Robert Vogel

Canynon Creek L-10 Todd Kunz

Canynon Creek Prod David Sevigny

Canynon Creek Single Stack Kyle Seipp

Smith & Wesson Revolver Certificate Matt Griffin Revolver

Springfield Armory XD 40 Tactical Gary Stevens Senior lifetime award

Springfield Armory XD 9 Tactical James Sheema Super Senior GM %

Springfield Armory XD 9 Tactical Nick Greenfield

Richard Heinie 1911 A1 Custom Carry (High percentage) Paul Thompson Senior GM %

Jet Guns XD 9 Certificate Chris Keen First M Limited

Jet Guns XD 9 Certificate Tony Hawkins First M Production

STI G6 Lee Neel First M Open

Glock Glock Certificate L 10 Tom Nichols First B (A won the division)

Sig Sig 226 Benjamin Stoeger Area 5 Winner

STI G6C Nick Neel Junior (High Junior Male)

STI G6C Sarah Irish Junior (High Junior Female)

STI G6C Eva Micklethaite High lady (Sarah already had a gun for high lady Junior)

STI 2011 Frame Kit Ted Puente High Law (Bob already had a gun)

We know that one guy in the random didn't make it to the match... as long as he paid and wasn't refunded we decided to leave him in the drawing. Dale is checking to see if there was a refund issued, if not, he gets the gun. If, in fact, a refund was issued we will do a random for the remaining gun.

JT

Jim, Thanks again to you and Dale and all the staff for a great match. Here's hoping you guys do decide to jump into the barrel for another go at it. I was pleased to see that there is at least ONE benefit to getting more "senior" ;) Where do I need to send the FFL to ,to claim my prize? Sorry if I missed that info. Blown away by the quality of the match. :bow: Jim Shema

Jim, Thanks again to you and Dale and all the staff for a great match. Here's hoping you guys do decide to jump into the barrel for another go at it. I was pleased to see that there is at least ONE benefit to getting more "senior" ;) Where do I need to send the FFL to ,to claim my prize? Sorry if I missed that info. Blown away by the quality of the match. :bow: Jim Shema

Jim,

Contact Dale Hayen at d_hayen@tcgc.net

The Staff and I thank you... ;)

JT

Edited by JThompson