Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which CZ to get for Production

Bergie

• 4 weeks later...

I got my Minked Shadow on Tuesday and I finally got out to shoot it today.

I love it!

Matt milled the adjustable rear sight into the slide and did an awesome job on it. It's beautiful!

Now I just have to learn to shoot a production gun. :surprise:

• 3 weeks later...

The stock Shadow is very nice as it. Slide and safeties smoothed up within the first 1k rounds but you can tell they put some effort into the trigger from the factory. I'm sure the custom is even nicer but that improvement will be measured in ounces, not pounds. The stock gun had no creep or OT (with the stop) and it weighs in at 3.5# +/- .1#. Best factory trigger I've shot yet. Can't go wrong.

Edited by MIT_Shooter

• 5 months later...

A Decocker CZ will limit your ability to upgrade to the Competition hammer down the road. It will not be a drop in part and will require modifications to make it fit. You could still have a trigger job done to the gun with our with out the competition hamer. So its your call, most generally do not like the decocker models for competition.

Daniel

i've felt a decocker done by matt mink, very nice gun, and it's nice to start from a half-cock. the job was done with the factory hammer as well. mink did a 6/2 trigger on it that was nice. so, i wouldn't discount a decocker, so long as it's done up by a race shop. otherwise, yes it's very limited in terms of self-upgrades.

there is no such CZ. if you're bent on 40 cal, you can shoot a 75b in 40. however, you will find that with a shadow, the recoil is minimal anyways with the extra weight up front.

consider matt mink and ask him about making a 40 cal tactical sp-01 for you. the trigger will be great.

there is no such CZ. if you're bent on 40 cal, you can shoot a 75b in 40. however, you will find that with a shadow, the recoil is minimal anyways with the extra weight up front.

consider matt mink and ask him about making a 40 cal tactical sp-01 for you. the trigger will be great.

Thank you for that info.

I had a CZ75B SA before in 40S&W, personal preference is CZ over glock if i ever go production. I have done simple work with my CZ before, change front sight, change trigger, i thought it was pretty straight forward and requires simple tools. when one say there is limited user upgrade due to decocker feature, will that only refer to trigger pull upgrade?

and half cock to start in production is legal right? (just making sure) :rolleyes:

The SP01 Tactical ( decocker )in .40 is pretty cool gun. You can get a pretty nice trigger on the, the decocker is just a pain to get apart in comparison to the safety version.

production rules say fully decocked, and the CZ decocker guns, fully decock to the half-cock position. ( if that makes sense)

The SP01 Tactical ( decocker )in .40 is pretty cool gun. You can get a pretty nice trigger on the, the decocker is just a pain to get apart in comparison to the safety version.

production rules say fully decocked, and the CZ decocker guns, fully decock to the half-cock position. ( if that makes sense)

Just checked DOJ roster, cant get it here in CA. It has a decocker on the frame so i cant use regular SP01 lower with SP01 tactical 40S&W upper. production illegal.