Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley Assault Boots

Julien Boit

I bought a pair and didn't have any luck with them. I think the Adidas GSG9 boots are far superior for IPSC.

My first pair of Oakleys started to come apart after 2 weeks and I had to send them back and wait 3 months for replacement. Remember to keep your receipt or you will be charged for this.

The Oakleys are comfortable from day one like a pair of sneakers. The downside is they squeak when wet. They do not grab in the slick stuff like Adidas. I wore them at the 3 gun Nats one morning and slipped on dewey grass which I never had problems with wearing Adidas. They are also more expesive.

I just wear my Oakleys for casual wear now. I will not buy another pair.

Bill

Is this the same Oakley that makes the glasses?

My thought exactly when I first bought a few pairs of their shoes many moons ago.

The shoes look good (if you like the new-age artsy look... I got me a pair o' Blue Suade Shoes) and cover your feet. As far as doing anything special (like gripping when you want 'em too, providing good support, or using 'em for trekking anywhere), fahgeddaboudit.

I have a buddy that wears his pair of ASSault Boots a couple of times a week. His job?: computer programmer. ;)

If you don't mind dumping that much dough on a good pair of boots, check out Danner. I have a pair of the Striker GTXs and they are awesome. I wear them for work (EMS) and they are very comfortable and durable. The Terra-force sole is very supportive and provides good traction. I will be getting a pair in the near future for 3 gun. B)

Julien,

you might want to take a look at these boots..

The photos are not very explicative (and never mind the last one, it only represents the underside of the boot, the upper part is a completely different one) and the text is in Italian only, but here in Italy several shooters use them and are really satisified with them. I can provide a translation, if you need it.

Besides, Armeria Fracassi usually sells via mail several products.

Julien,

are you sure we are talking about the same boots?

According to Oakley website their boots are sold at $ 225, and the Fracassi ones at € 145.

Never mind the above.

I've enquired with Fracassi and they told me it's a discontinued product, they only have a small batch in stock (41 and 44 Italian shoe numbers).

Edited by Skywalker67

Stay away from Botach. I could be at their door in about 45 minutes, but it would take them 4 months to get me a product... and that's if they felt like selling it to me. Their pricing may be good, but their service, to put it mildly, blows monkey nether-regions.

I would recomend Original Swat Boots. They aren't over priced. They are extremley comfortable and very lightweight. I have had lots of luck with them on all surfaces. Check them out at: Original Swat

Call them before you buy just to verify the correct size. This company also sponsors some of the 3 gun events. Just a better reason to support them.

I know Botach is not the greatest shop to place an order.

I already ordered (once) few things and I was not happy with the service, wished they were as effecient as Brian's store, but......... <_<

Thank you guys for all your input, now I might have to buy at least 5 pair of shoes ;)

Stay away from Botach. I could be at their door in about 45 minutes, but it would take them 4 months to get me a product... and that's if they felt like selling it to me. Their pricing may be good, but their service, to put it mildly, blows monkey nether-regions.

I second tha tone, I ordered a hydrastrom from them 3 weeks prior my B-day as a gift to myself and I waited , waited and waited until I called them and they told that one of the things I have ordered from them was back ordered. Did they even bothered to E-mail me?? No. They said they did but I did not received an E-mail from them.

Call me a heretic, but I've bought several items from Botach and have never had a problem. When they were out of an item, they contacted me immediately. If you've had a bad experience directly, my condolences, but there's a whole lot of folks badmouthing Botach based on 3rd, 4th, and Nth party information.

I know zip about "assault" boots, but you might want to look at Merrel's boots/shoes. I have a low-quarter Merrel hiker that isn't tactical, but has a VERY soft, grippy sole. It was like $70 on sale. In fact, most of the climbing boot companies have "scrambling" type shoes that typically have very sticky soles. Another option to consider...

Duane, ya musta got the price in pesos, rather than real dollars. ;)

Adidas sells 'em for $250 through its site:

http://www.thestore.adidas.com/cgi-bin/adi...dag%26code%3DFM

I definitely speak from experience. I forget what all I ordered from 'em, but it was about two years ago. I think I placed the order in July or August.

I ordered, waited for a month, emailed 'em, waited another 2 months and then they called requiring that I send a letter allowing me to purchase the items on my department's letterhead.

I was 20 at the time and have never been employed by a police department. I remember one of the items was a balaclava that I wanted for winter motorcycle riding, but I don't remember what the other half-dozen were.

Most companies would reply immediately if there was a problem with your order and would tell you if there were individual restricted items on your order (I might have had a kubotan keychain on there, or something like that). Yeah, they had the best prices even with tax and shipping, but if they don't fill orders, they ain't no good, ya know? :P