Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hard Cover?

JThompson

Strange target presentation...

Legal --- if it's a single target.....

Hiding behind a skinny kevlar pole?

Ya it was one target, but I couldn't get my mind around it and put two in the A zone right in the black... well, that's where I was look'n. hahahah Funny thing about it is that I usually don't keep the shots that tight, but that damn black line gave me a great focal point and it was a nice quater size spread right there in the black... at least I broke the line on one and didn't get two mikes. :wacko:

A local match routinely put 2" steel poles a foot or so in front of paper targets at his matches, Its amazing how many people drill that pole,

Put that same pole standing there by itself with white paint on it and call it a target and I bet everyone misses it.

Edited by Joe4d

At the last Yuma Scholarship match, they had an array of targets with a horizontal HC band about 3" wide across the middle of the target. The targets were about 25-30 yards. It was amazing how many people put hits into the HC. After I saw that I was inspired to put a diagonal 2" stripe across a close up target in a field course. A few folks put 4 rounds on it.

Later,

Chuck

At the last Yuma Scholarship match, they had an array of targets with a horizontal HC band about 3" wide across the middle of the target. The targets were about 25-30 yards. It was amazing how many people put hits into the HC. After I saw that I was inspired to put a diagonal 2" stripe across a close up target in a field course. A few folks put 4 rounds on it.

Later,

Chuck

I like putting stress on shooters by giving them target looks they don't usually see. I know most of the guys that have been around a long time have seen it all, but for the most part, what I see is the standard HC lines on targets. I also went to a match where the cut the targets in half bother vertical and horiz put some black tape on the cuts and made them two targets, but it looked like one. A lot of people, myself included, put hits in the D zone because of that. There was plenty of A/C there, but it was mental stress from not being used to that particular target presentation.

If you guys have seen some stuff that was a mind freak, please share it here.

JT

As long as it was scored as a single target and it met the visibility requirements (bottom of App B3) then it would be OK.

If I missed, I would ask for a reshoot for mental interference. :rolleyes:

George,

I'd love to grant that ---- but I'm unable to find a rule to hang it on...... :roflol:

Got a cite?

mental interference ???

That would be 8.6.5

In the event that mental interference from the Range Officer or another

external influence has interfered with the competitor during a course of

fire, the Range Officer may offer the competitor a reshoot of the course

of fire. The competitor must accept or decline the offer prior to seeing

either the time or the score from the initial attempt. However, in the

event that the competitor commits a safety infraction during any such

interference, the provisions of Section 10.3 may still apply.

mental interference ???

That would be 8.6.5

You made that up!

mental interference ???

That would be 8.6.5

You made that up!

Oh.

made ya look :P

I should have never looked at this site before the match Saturday. (MN. Section Toys for Tots Match at Pine Island, MN.)

I have plenty of time to add a 2" stripe of black tape to a target or two before the match starts. :roflol::roflol:

I get to be the RM for it to. At least I have someone to blame it on. "YouAll"

You can learn so much on here. Feel the Love :wub::wub:

Thanks Duane :bow:

As long as it was scored as a single target and it met the visibility requirements (bottom of App B3) then it would be OK.

If I missed, I would ask for a reshoot for mental interference. :rolleyes:

George,

I'd love to grant that ---- but I'm unable to find a rule to hang it on...... :roflol:

Got a cite?

Sure, it's in my Alzheimer's Rulebook. Let me see if I can find it. :roflol:

I use 2" black duct tape to make different hardcover targets, similar to that. As long as 25% of the "A" zone is visible and it is scored as a single target it is good to go. It is amazing how many hits end up in the black when targets are set up like that. I even taped off a rectangle in black tape for part of the "A" and "C" zones (just like the old story of a bible in the vest pocket stopping a bullet)- the groupings inside that rectangle were amazing. The best hard cover that I have found though is to take an 8" round plate (non-falling) and setting it 2' in front of the target as a hardcover. I saw some people hit the steel 5 times in a row at 12 yds.