Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diamondback Firearms DB-380

Nemo

I heard this weekend that a new company, sister to KelTec, just came out with a new .380 pocket using Glock technology. Anybody know anything about this? What's the company and the gun's name?

THX,

ETA: Found it and changed the title to reflect.

Edited by Nemo

Some better pics in this thread, but the OP seems to have some issues with the pistols reliability. Looks like it will need a second trip back to the factory, we may need to wait until they have the kinks worked out of the new design.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1256091187

Edited by North

Are the companies related? Looks like they are .57 miles apart on the same street--or is it another

spin-off from KelTec?

I e-mailed Kel-Tec today asking that question.

Their response: No relation.

• 1 month later...

Note: threads merged. - Admin.

I was at the shop/range last night and one of the guys that works there showed me a new Diamondback .380 that they got in recently. It's right in the same size/weight ballpark as the LCP, Kel-Tec and Kahr P380. The trigger is much, much nicer than anything else in that size...really smooth. It's got real sights and the fit/finish and materials seem first-rate. I read a couple of articles about them online that all seemed positive. Anybody here have one or try one yet?

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/

Edited by Flexmoney

Before you buy just yet I would do a little more research. There is an article I linked too from xdtalk.com where one of their members did a range test and he had a lot of failures and sent the gun back 2 or three times. Other things I remember from the article is that the Kel Tec mags work in this gun and that 2 former employees of Kel Tec split off and started this company. The guy did say customer service was great and they even sent him a free magazine on return of the gun. By now all the kinks may have been fixed....It really looks good but I personally think it is hard to beat the Kahr CW9 and I can get these locally for $350 or so new.

That is a sweet looking pistol there. Did you shoot it? Seems like a good carry gun.

Didn't get to shoot it, just handled it. The trigger was surprisingly good and the sights are pretty reasonable for such a small gun. I may have to see if they've got one for demo. I'm generally not a fan of mouseguns, but one actually in your hand isn't bad insurance if you can't get to your big gun easily. R,

I noticed that gun as well, Gman. It compared very well to the Kel-tec/ruger design and the baby kahr too. I love my moonie gun but the price is pretty high for a 380 when I know the kel-tec works. The price on that diamondback looked good too. I'm looking very hard at a new shotgun right now, so my pocketgun search might be put on hold, but let us know what you end up getting. I too am interested to know if anyone has any experience with this new .380.

J-Ho

I noticed that gun as well, Gman. It compared very well to the Kel-tec/ruger design and the baby kahr too. I love my moonie gun but the price is pretty high for a 380 when I know the kel-tec works. The price on that diamondback looked good too. I'm looking very hard at a new shotgun right now, so my pocketgun search might be put on hold, but let us know what you end up getting. I too am interested to know if anyone has any experience with this new .380.

J-Ho

Yeah, in my hand I'd say the DB felt the best, followed closely by the Kahr. The LCP and Kel-Tec were pretty much a wash. The DB clearly had the best trigger. The Kahr trigger was smooth, and pretty light, but quite a bit longer than the DB. I'd really like to put a few rounds through each of these, but it may not happen. Regardless, as my 5ft (bad guy 5ft or closer) all I really want is for it to be 100% reliable and have it hit close enough to point of aim that I could hit a 2-3" target every time. R,

..... but the price is pretty high for a 380 when I know the kel-tec works.

I was thinking along those lines when I recommended Chris buy a Keltec. I've been a fan since I first saw them 5 or 6 years ago, and I know their customer service is outstanding. I once called them to inquire about BUYING a small part that I lost while cleaning my P3AT at the range, and the guy told me to email him my address & he would send the part out right away ..... FREE OF CHARGE. :cheers:

Hopefully they are still doing small things as nice as this, even if they had a few employees break away.

• 2 weeks later...
Are the companies related? Looks like they are .57 miles apart on the same street--or is it another

spin-off from KelTec?

I e-mailed Kel-Tec today asking that question.

Their response: No relation.

I just found this video of one.

I heard this weekend that a new company, sister to KelTec, just came out with a new .380 pocket using Glock technology. Anybody know anything about this? What's the company and the gun's name?

THX,

ETA: Found it and changed the title to reflect.

Dude, this was only three down from the top :roflol:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99635&view=findpost&p=1138564

I'd like to get a sense of size compared to a P3AT. Neat though!

.04" longer, .27" taller, .02" thinner

The longer part is mostly (if not all) in the slight beavertail....actually felt nice that way.

In the other thread it was mentioned that it might be two former employees of Kel-Tec that started Diamondback. R,