• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My dry fire area.

Short range -

df1s.jpg

Simulated long range -

df2s.jpg

df3s.jpg

I have enough space that I can set up simulations of field courses up to 50 yds if I use small targets.

Now I just have to use it often enough :P

Kevin

This is hilarious. I, myself, of course, would not be perplexed if I walked into someone's home and saw reloaders, boxes of bullets, targets propped up (or stuck to) walls... but put yourself in the place of a non-shooting observer...... will they think the worst, or just politely ask you what the hell all this weird stuff IS. :P:lol:

This is hilarious.  I, myself, of course, would not be perplexed if I walked into someone's home and saw reloaders, boxes of bullets, targets propped up (or stuck to) walls... but put yourself in the place of a non-shooting observer...... will they think the worst, or just politely ask you what the hell all this weird stuff IS. :P:lol: 

In parts of my house, the difference between the recent decor additions (IPSC targets, presses, safes, ...) and the prior decor (swords, bokken, jo, ...) is a matter of very small degree :-).

The public areas of the house are civilized:

smallcat.jpg

and the dojo is clearly a "training" room so people should have no unrealistic expectations about "social conformity". We won't talk about the dark room - that's the dangerous one since there are chemicals in there that I find frightening :P

Actually, thinking about it, any one who knows me well enough to get into one of *my* rooms is unlikely to be surprised by anything. B)

Kevin

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Here's mine.

Standing in my office/toy room, I have 10-13 yards to the single full-size target.

The three targets are scaled down to 1/3 and are on my office wall.

There are also a few 1" orange dots on the walls, for transitions, you see part of one on the second pic.

For a while, I had a pellet trap mounted on my office wall and shot airgun groups but that's not really dryfire.

edited because I forgot the pic's

post-16271-036569400 1298306029_thumb.jp

post-16271-055034100 1298306040_thumb.jp

Edited by Team Amish 1