Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Santa

Well I watched this movie tonight. I think it ranks #3 on my All-Time favorite movies. Billy Bob and his midget sidekick teaching a fat kid to fight almost caused me to p*&% myself, I don't think I've laughed so hard in 10 years. His midget sidekick steals the show though. However DO NOT take your kids to see this one, it's pretty foul mouthed, so don't let the "Santa" in the title fool you into thinking it's a Christmas movie for the whole family.

I agree! Laughed my a** off.

I can't remember the last time I heard such language anywhere. It does live up to its title, Bad Santa. And as Rufus said, IT IS NOT A FAMILY FILM!!! Towards the end, the story does take some twists and I ended scatching my head just a bit. But nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and would go see it again.

Billy Bob says things that I think all of us, at one point or another have thought to ourselves about life and the holidays, even if for only a moment.

"Warning, Wil Robinson, Warning, minor thread drift approaching...."

So Billy Bob is suspect because he couldn't keep Angie happy? (A task many of us would attempt and not whine at failing, I'm sure.) So what aobut Tom Cruise? First Mimi Rogers and then Nicole Kidman? What, they weren't sexy enough?

So what aobut Tom Cruise? First Mimi Rogers and then Nicole Kidman? What, they weren't sexy enough?

Drifting . . .

TL is right! Obviously Tom Cruise doesn't like women.

But letting Mimi Rogers go was just plain stupid, no matter how you think about it. She is One Fine Woman. My goal in life is to find the copy of Playboy that featured her. Uh, for the um, written article, of course. <ahem>

Nicole Kidman is okay, but she needs to eat a sandwich or something!

RE: Nicole Kidman. I'll put up with skinny for a redhead.

Perhaps Tom isn't putting on a Rock Hudson, he just can't find a woman who is the perfect woman; obseqious, beautiful, successful but not enough to eclipse him, not taller than he is, and good in bed. (Which begs the question, how bad could his previous wives have been, looking as they did? Yes, sexist, but women might ask how bad is he, that they wouldn't stay?)

Oh, and willing to enlist in scientology.

I think Ms. Cruz is filling that bill nicely.

As for Jolie: You wouldn't put up with a little insanity for those lips?

I guess it's not that big of a stretch for me-- I put up with my own insanity day after day. B)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the funniest movies ever. It had to have been written just for Billy Bob Thorton to star in it. I thought I was going to piss my pants during the movie. I watched it without the benefit of any previews. Usually I never see a movie in the theater unless I know what it is about. Definitely a must buy when it comes out on DVD.

• 1 year later...

Bought the DVD and watched it last night. I laughed my ass off. Then we watched the "making" special feature, and I laughed even more.

The Director was both relentless and restrained. Restrained, you ask? Yes. There were many scenes where someone with less restraint would have simply gone off the high side and turned it into a raunchfest. As it was, I was laughing so hard I almost got distracted from wondering where the hell he was going to go with it next.

Watched it with your mother? Reminds me of watching Young Frankenstein with a date, a friend of my sister. I knew ten minutes into the movie we'd never see each other again. I was laughing myself silly, and she didn't get any of the jokes.

Bought the DVD and watched it last night. I laughed my ass off. Then we watched the "making" special feature, and I laughed even more.

The Director was both relentless and restrained. Restrained, you ask? Yes. There were many scenes where someone with less restraint would have simply gone off the high side and turned it into a raunchfest. As it was, I was laughing so hard I almost got distracted from wondering where the hell he was going to go with it next.

Watched it with your mother? Reminds me of watching Young Frankenstein with a date, a friend of my sister. I knew ten minutes into the movie we'd never see each other again. I was laughing myself silly, and she didn't get any of the jokes.

Did you get "Bad Santa", or "Bad-der Santa"? I've only seen the latter and I thought I was going to rupture something from laughing so hard!