Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G-ManBart

I soooo hate the Yankees. Its hard to be a Braves fan and like anything about the Yankees. :P

:cheers: The title almost made me hurl my lunch :roflol: + 1 to singlestacks reply

Edited by Fireant

While I was rooting for the Phillies --- who i only care about when they reach the World Series --- I've got to say that I was impressed. That was fun to watch.....

Way back in 1993, I was a brand-new photography intern at the Trenton Times. We were still covering a lot of Philadelphia sports at the time --- and I spent quite a few days off (and the occasional day on) as the first or second shooter at Phillies games. Later that year I was in the press box with a 400 mm lens and teleconverters the night they clinched the pennant --- against the Braves? (Coverage was so intense, that publications that had two credentials were typically assigned one in the media dugout, and one up top -- shooting from an elevated position. AP, Sports Illustrated and the Philly and Atlanta papers might get two field positions...)

A couple of days later I got to shoot a couple of innings of a World Series game against Toronto, before hustling film back to Trenton for the other photographer covering the game....

I know there are a lot of Yankee haters <caugh, whimps, caugh> out there, and I get it. If you're from someplace that doesn't have the fan base to draw from so that you can afford the payroll the Yanks have, it doesn't seem fair. I'm a baseball fan and like a lot of other teams, many of which aren't "winners" but have always been a NYY fan. Hell, I've always had a soft spot for the Brewers....how weird is that?

With all that said, I really thought Philly was going to take it before the series started and even moreso after game #1. Wow, it was an exciting series and when Philly won, they absolutely earned it. In fact, the playoffs were also exciting to watch.

I really, really think we're going to see some form of instant replay next year after all the weird calls. I was glad that most of the mistakes didn't seem to change the outcomes of any game, at least not in an obvious way, but that was purely luck.

Hey, I've waited 9 years since the last time I could celebrate the Yanks winning the WS, so I don't feel too bad, and to kick off the first season in a new stadium this way is pretty cool no matter who you root for. R,

I'm certainly not a Yankees fan. Never have been since the early 60's.

BTW, here's their lineup then:

1B Moose Skowron

2B Bobby Richardson

SS Tony Kubek

3B Clete Boyer

LF Yogi Berra

CF Mickey Mantle

RF Roger Maris

C Elston Howard

P Whitey Ford (preferably)

That's from memory. No, I'm not a fan. Much

Yeah, I know-but I never get a chance to use dueling swords. :sight: When I lived in Philly, I was a Phillies fan-Mike Schmidt was a cool guy. When I lived in Atlanta, I was a Braves fan-Mark Lemke was my favorite. But we always have an affinity for our hometown-it has been a while-big budget or not. Yankees 2009 World Series Champs! Oh yeah, I forgot-Bobby Cox used to play third base for the---Yankees!