Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most accurate 9mm IDPA load

B_RAD

Looking for a IDPA load to shoot in my CZ 75 SP-01 and Glock. I know IDPA isn't about bullseye accuracy and not that I can get that out of a CZ or a Glock but I'm wanting the best of both worlds. That and I'm looking to get a Dan Wesson 1911 9mm. This is what I loaded a couple years ago.

147 gr berry's

3.0 gr clays

federal 100 smp

1.15 oal

.380 crimp

Don't really have any complaints about this load but just looking to see if there's anything anyone else has that's better. Wanting something that doesn't smoke and I think I'm wanting to stay with 147 but who knows. Also, Recoil (not that there's much recoil in 9mm) is an issue. So, Not wanting anything real hot. So if you've noticed that what you're shooting for IDPA just happens to be accurate let me know what you're doing.

Thanks,

Edited by B_RAD

Some guns wont stabalize 147's. and those that do generally dont hit the sweet spot of group size until the velocity starts aproaching 1000 fps, kinda defeating the purposeof minor pf. All the 9mm's I have owned shot Winchester 115 HB's and 124 FMJ's very well.

I have had excellent results with 147 grain Berry bullets in my SP-01 and standard M&P. Very accurate and very soft shooting, no smoke.

3.9 grains WSF makes right around 130 PF in both guns. 147 grain bullets will normally clock a little faster in the M&P [10-20fps] with the shorter barrel. Everything but the 147 grain bullets is just the opposite, running a little faster out of the CZ.

Shifted over to 124gr bullets earlier this year like them better than the 115's.

Match load

124gr Rem FMJ

4.5 gr Win 231

OAL 1.125

Fed Primer

I ran these thru the crono the other day with an STI GP6 came out around 130 Power factor.

Also started loading

124gr Rainier JHP

4.5gr Win 231

OAL 1.055

Fed Primers

Ran these thru the crono also with the STI came out to 135+ Power Factor.

If I had more of these Rainiers that's what I would load for matches now. Soft and accurate. I shoot a G19 and they run great.

I've gotten laser beam accuracy with Clays behind Precision Delta 124 JHPs in my SP-01. It's a fairly inflexible combo in the CZ though, as they start engaging the rifling if you try to load them much more than 1.12, but hit @130pf out of my gun.

Shifted over to 124gr bullets earlier this year like them better than the 115's.

Match load

124gr Rem FMJ

4.5 gr Win 231

OAL 1.125

Fed Primer

I ran these thru the crono the other day with an STI GP6 came out around 130 Power factor.

Also started loading

124gr Rainier JHP

4.5gr Win 231

OAL 1.055

Fed Primers

Ran these thru the crono also with the STI came out to 135+ Power Factor.

If I had more of these Rainiers that's what I would load for matches now. Soft and accurate. I shoot a G19 and they run great.

Montana Gold 124gr

Win 231 4.6grs

Win primer

Asst Brass

I have 2 S&W STOCK M&P 9mm's, and a SA 1911 "loaded target" 9mm. From machine rest at 25 yards the both M&P's put 10 rounds in 2.7 inches. The 1911 puts 10 rounds in SLIGHTLY larger than 2 inches (2.2 - 2.3"). I do not have a chronograph. It's on the wish list

Edited by Waldog