Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Plains Shotgun Challenge 2010

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who know him,...................Mel Kuhn, :bow::devil: is scheduled to be there!!!!!! :surprise:

I still need another shooter to recognize Modified division, and I have not seen apps from todd litt or rob romero,??????????????????? although their traveling partner Jansen has sent his in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trapr

Trapr,

I am pretty sure I sent my app but I can't recall or find the email.

We are heading out anyways so can you let me know if it was recieved?

Rob

I have been loading off the shoulder and I am starting to like it. The stages look great, see ya out there Saturday.

Shanon and I are leaving in the morning....should be there about 4PM or so.

We'll have a Nordic 22RF upper there for demo with a bunch of ammo.

We are also bringing down the pre-production .22wmr upper.....just got it together and need to run some ammo thru it, give it a shake down if ya know what I mean.

I'll be the guy with tbe Benelli.

Then it shouldn't be hard for folks to find you:)

Hope to see some pics and video for those of us who won't be there.

Day one is in the books. Stages are awesome! Shot 10 stages starting at 9:00 and was on my way to work by 4:00. Way to run a match Trapr and Kurt and RO's! I shot some good video but my Internet is down so ill post it up tomorrow night hopefully. Should have some preliminary results around noon tomorrow. I did see Rob Romero, Jeff Cramblit, Benny Hill, and Phil strader names showing up frequently on the top of the score sheets. No suprised there.

Edited by jtischauser

All I can say is WOW! I now can see what a real SG match looks like. Lots of new target presentations and good grief...no shoots for buck shot too. Can't wait to share my new experence with the 3gun crowd in the NW. The R and R match will have some new shotgun target presentations for sure:-)

I need more chokes for my SG!

Great match...is even good experence ROing the the shooters through my stages 6 and 7.

Thank you Trapr and Kurt for the lessons.

RLTW,

Scott

Great match Trapr, Kurt, and Matt (stats)! Congrats to Rob Romero for a limited win and Don Bednorz for a win in open! Great job RO's! Many thanks to the match sponsors including Nordic Components, Rudy Project, Larue, MGM, Fiochi, JP Enterprise, Falcon Industries, Tacticle Machining, DPMS, Blackhawk, Warne Scope Mounts, and Whataburger...appologies if I missed any!

Great match fellas!!! This was our first time at this match and we really enjoyed it. Plan on marking it on our calendars for next year.

The RO's were great and the match went real smooth. Thanks to all the sponsors for their support.

Maurice

Trapr was true to his word . The match was "Technical" even to the point of setting some targets at the absolute min in distance. I had to shoot twice as some of the very close targets.

Lots of good people and a great prize table that was spread out very good.

At 13th place I owe a thank you letter to MGM for a Auto Popper , and Brownell's for an 30 rd mag, Falcon ind for a grip certificate. and Larue for a hat

I came with Higher hopes of good performance for a IPSC shotgun ,only to be kick back to rookie status.

+1 on all the good stuff, Trapr, Kurt, Matt and all the great RO's you did outstanding, you too Pinto. It was outstanding and very technical, a full array of challanges with all types of projectiles and positions, thank heavens for run and gun, ok speed shoots are cool too. Thanks again to all the sponsor support for this great event, no slow downs, no hangups, smooth shooting all weekend long, stats done before I had the gun put up, A long ride but well worth it every year, great shooting, great folks and had great weather to boot. Thanks again to all

jc

year 3 is in the books,......................STILL NO DQ's!!!!!!

There were no back ups or waiting for squads to finish before another squad could shoot, we had one person ask for a plate to be calibrated, but only because they chose to shoot it from too far away, we had one equipment failure and granted a reshoot for it, but for the most part the MD and the RM drove around and visited with everyone and pretty much had little to do.

I want to thank my RO's for a great job, the Sponsors for coming through in these tough times, the shooters for showing up and hopefully enjoying themselves and learning a bit more about how a SG can be used, and all the help with tearing down the stages, lastly the OKC gun club for allowing us to use thier terrific facilities and put on our match.

When I got to Kurt's house after dinner on the last day I fell asleep until 830pm and then woke up briefly for about 45min. and then back to sleep till 830am, it was good to get the match behind me.

The idea for next year is to try for June, in hopes that we can get away from the cluster of major matches that seems to take place in the March/April time frame and allow some of our younger student shooters and teachers and families to get away easier to make the match.

again, Thank you all,..................Trapr

Pictures...enjoy! My link

:cheers:

I so wanted to do this match-was already committed to SC Sectional-maybe next year. What a great set of pictures Sterling-really sensational-great to see all the arrays and shooters. What is the one handed shooting? Thanks.

Edited by Jadeslade

The Video I spliced of The NST. Short and sweet for the short attention spans out there.

Thanks Kurt, Trapr and OKC Gun Club for hosting an excellent event.

Edited by cold

Got home about 3:00pm today (stayed in KC last night)

Great match!!....All you people that wouldn't think of drving that far for a "1 gun" match missed out bigtime.

This is one of the most technical matches out there, it's not just hosen' with a shotgun you NEED to know how your shotgun works and with what shot, chokes and range.

We had a blast....will be back again for one of the best 1 gun matches in the states!! And yes, I'd also say one of the best 3 gun matches too, but you know what I mean.

Thank you Trapr, Kurt and the entire staff for the great effort and flawless running of the High Plains Shotgun Challenge.

Jansen nice video, if you post any others could you list it as 2010 HPSC so people will know which vid's are from this year. I'd like to see more of what you shot even the screw up's I think it will help others to know that even the winner can screw up royally...............like putting the first four slugs from under the table into the shooting port??????

Rusty Harris has some video from the match as well on youtube, I'm trying to get him to add the 2010 part so everyone will know this years footage from years past as well.

thanks, I hope you guys had fun it was good to see you all there again.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Here is the video my Amigo Rusty shot of me at the match. Its not so short or sweet unfortunately for my placement in the standings :angry2:

The Poser cam didn't work out on day one as I had it centered on my forehead so you get to see almost all of the targets adn most everythign off to my right. Since I showed up late again on day two I didn't time to shoot stage 11 & 12 correctly much less get teh poser can going.

JTischauser YouTube

Its pretty big so it will proabbly be processing for a few hours and the initial quaility will be poor.

After watching the video form the match I realized that about 50% of the targets presentatins where completely new to me. Meaning that I had never before shot at anything like it. What a Challenge, hence the name of the match. Brilliant!

This type of shotgunning really makes the typical 3 gun shotgun stages look like a walk in the park. I am definately a better shotgunner today than I was on Friday. Thanks again guys! Sorry I didn't get to come out and buy you guys a cold one after the match Saturday.

Edited by jtischauser