Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

27 rounder

Dustin Lohof

I'll pass on that mag for my Saiga. I've watched some of the strapped together 20+ rounders being run and how moving with them affect the balance and transitions, not to mention the inertia moving the gun side to side and the shooter trying to overcome it. Maybe a 20 for a starter if there is a pile of same-shell blasting to be done from one place... Other than that I'll leave them to ya'll.

I've been using an R&R 20 rounder this summer and it really speeds things up. The 27 might be a bit much, I'll wait and see if Robert kicks my butt with it (like I kicked his at DPMS on stage 1!) before I buy one. Looks cool Dustin, you going to sport one at Inland Empire?

Doug

Is there a coupler available for this yet? I'd like to run with 54 rounds if possible.

Just in case you are not kidding...

There are couplers for this of course but the main problems are springs. You will have to contact Robert Wright of RandRTargets (only person I know that is doing this?) to see what he can do for you on springs or couplers.

Oh, and of course don't forget the weight of the rounds and if the magazine will hold/stay in the SG. I have the 12 round, a 16 round and the 20 round magazines from RandRTargets and they work flawless, so far. Now these larger cap magazines are designed for a magazine well as the well supports the magazines and weight better, as I am told. Can't wait to see Dusty's 27 round magazine...what a monster!

See all at the Inland Empire match next weekend. There will be no less than 5 Open RanRTarges Saigas there and all will be shooting the larger magazines for sure.

RLTW,

Scott

• 3 weeks later...