Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I am realoding my ammo for the Nationals.....

So I finally settled on the load combination I am goign to use at the Nationals for limited. I went through this for open and have all that ammo loaded. So I am loading .40 for both the limited match and another batch because my limited gun is my back up to my open gun as I only have one.

I am loading a 1,000 rd batch and as I am getting to the end of 800 rds the handle goes further forward than normal like there is no case or primer in position #2. I freak out and I am looking at the case and the primer punch etc... trying to figure it out. I don't see anything wrong so I keep looking and I finally find it:

post-922-1251815380_thumb.jpg

I got this 650 in 1995 and have loaded an incredible amount of rounds on it so I can't relly complain. But it could have picked a better time to to break than when I was in the middle of loading my Nationals ammo. :angry2:

It is still early here in AZ so I have to figure out the part # and call Dillon when they open.

Neal in AZ

Nice. If only you knew someone in town with a 550 setup in .40 that they could rent to you for a small fee. I think the going rate is a 6 pack per hundred.

I have a 550 bolted on the other side of the bench so I could if I had to. I live in the same stae as Dillon, a few hundred miles so I think I can get the part here quickly enough. Just a pain in the a$$ though. :wacko:

Neal in AZ

So I finally settled on the load combination I am goign to use at the Nationals for limited. I went through this for open and have all that ammo loaded. So I am loading .40 for both the limited match and another batch because my limited gun is my back up to my open gun as I only have one.

I am loading a 1,000 rd batch and as I am getting to the end of 800 rds the handle goes further forward than normal like there is no case or primer in position #2. I freak out and I am looking at the case and the primer punch etc... trying to figure it out. I don't see anything wrong so I keep looking and I finally find it:

post-922-1251815380_thumb.jpg

I got this 650 in 1995 and have loaded an incredible amount of rounds on it so I can't relly complain. But it could have picked a better time to to break than when I was in the middle of loading my Nationals ammo. :angry2:

It is still early here in AZ so I have to figure out the part # and call Dillon when they open.

Neal in AZ

Is this your picture?

post-14972-1251820181_thumb.jpg

Neal,

Did you call for a replacement crank? We open at 7AM BTW.

Thanks Gary, I knew you would pop up, I just got it ordered. I wanted to make sure I got the right part description/number before I called.

I should have it in hand tomorrow as I am not far away.

Neal in AZ

RV Man,

I actually try to check most of the popular shooting/reloading websites daily, and rspond to questions or provide information or suggestions to our customers' posts. Nowadays the internet is yet another method of communication between a company and its customers, and we do our best to be of assistance. :cheers:

Thanks for the offers of help, the new part is on the way and I will be up an loading in no time. With 800 rds I am actually good on ammo for what I needed.

I already got the open ammo loaded which was good because I have a SV factory gun in 9x23 (thanks anyway Jason) and that isn't too common.

Neal in AZ

RV Man,

I actually try to check most of the popular shooting/reloading websites daily, and rspond to questions or provide information or suggestions to our customers' posts. Nowadays the internet is yet another method of communication between a company and its customers, and we do our best to be of assistance. :cheers:

I'm getting my first Dillon tomorrow. It's nice to know that they go the extra mile.

Thanks for the offers of help, the new part is on the way and I will be up an loading in no time. With 800 rds I am actually good on ammo for what I needed.

I already got the open ammo loaded which was good because I have a SV factory gun in 9x23 (thanks anyway Jason) and that isn't too common.

Neal in AZ

How did I forget that? If you need any more ammo or anything let me know Neal.