Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

A very big thank you to all the staff that ran the 3 Gun match. Thank you to all the sponsors. The RO's and Fred Q I think had the roughest job for the match! A BIG BIG thank you for their time and efforts on the match. It was a great time and fun stages, will be shooting it again next year for sure.

PS: Miss Linda, You do an execellent job for all the shooters to help the match run smooth and it was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for all your hard work.....

Brad Ayers

Edited by B_Ayers

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first time at this match and it was awesome. I will be back next year! I would like to thank all of the staff and match sponsors that made this match happen.

Squad 8 was great and I had a great time shooting with you all.

Thanks,

Blake

Thanks so much to everyone who had their hand in this! All of your work is greatly appreciated. It turned out to be a great match. The stages had a good variety of different ranges and unique environments. I really enjoyed stage 7 and it's a shame it had to be shut down, but it was the right move to get everyone through. Stage 8 was really fun as well - it's not every day that you get to shoot out of the back of a moving truck. I'm definitely looking forward to next year!

Another fantastic LaRue Tactical multi-gun match. Splendid in effort and execution from the challenging stages to the brisket. This match just keeps getting better. I hope that tactical multi-gun continues in the direction that this match seems to be taking it.

Thanks to the MD and the range staff that was put together to make this event work, you guys and gals did a great job. Your enthusiasm was contagious and your hard work is appreciated.

The host range and facilities for this match were absolutely top notch and it made a great match even better.

Thanks to all of the generous sponsors who continue their support of not only the shooting sports, but also of those serving their country.

Squad 16 was a great group, and it was a pleasure to shoot with y'all.

If I only get to shoot one major match next year, this one will get the nod.

Mike

Suggestions to make the match better.

1. More dark beer.

2. More Diet Coke.

3. Another (Free - WooHoo) brisket or two for Sunday afternoon.

4. Some bandaids for Benny Hill's head when he crashes into whatever obstacle during the "crawl under something" stage.....

I had a great time! cheers.gif

Hope the two guys who got injured are doing better. Also glad that none of the NDs resulted in any injuries. From what I understand, there were several close calls. People getting a little too gamey. B)

Anybody got any info about the match FFL? I've got one of those spiffy star spangled certificates I need to redeem for a blaster, but all it says is to contact (insert mans name), but no phone number, address, email... gps coordinates...?

I had a great time at this match. Thank you Greg, Linda and all the RO's like Scott, Mike, Ben and Nancy for working hard so we could come out and play. I had the best time and even learned a few new things. The food, the stages, the people all top drawer. Thanks to all the sponors and to Mark Otto for fixing my holster.

Stage 3 rocked! It's nice to have targets out to 450 yards.

Looking forward to next year.

Anybody got any info about the match FFL? I've got one of those spiffy star spangled certificates I need to redeem for a blaster, but all it says is to contact (insert mans name), but no phone number, address, email... gps coordinates...?

A PM on the way

And I love 400 + targets toodevil.gif

Edited by AlamoShooter

Thanks for a great match. This was my first real match and I learned a lot. I got humbled and I know what areas I need to work on now. Next year I hope to improve a lot. I am a bit bummed that stage 7 got thrown out because I actually did good on that stage (37th) and it would have moved me up a bit. But it is what it is. I would have paid to run that stage over and over again for fun. It was a kick in the pants. The RO's were excellent. Food was free and good. Prize table was great. It was also neat to be able to rub shoulders with Grand Master shooters. Many of them like Eric Lund were willing to talk to me and give me free advice. Everyone I met at the match was great. Thanks again for a great match.

Pat

This was my first BIG match and it was great. I was lucky enough to get to shoot on Friday and was squaded with some outstanding people (squad 21). They took this rookie under their wings and made sure I had a good time. I learned a lot about myself and my gear. I hope to return next year with better results.

Here's some pics of me................

Fat man and a tiny rifle.............. (yeah and wouldn't you know it at one point I bent my charging handle and totally flubbed a stage?)

Had a blast, can't wait for next year.

Reminds me did anyone else run a SBR? I wasn't looking to hard but I still didn't see any others.

I didn't see any others-really liked yours with the russian krink brake you're running on it. Nice rifle.

Edited by washam427

Ken,

Contact Alfred at 512.259.1585 and he will square you away.

Well...we got 'er dun! The range is clear and pray that everyone made it home safe.

Thanks to Steve for his hard work and allowing us to have the match on his facility. Fred Q, you are the Man, thanks Sir. Linda Chico...nuff said.

RO's and Staff - You are by far the best and made it happen, world class. Mark and the LaRue Tactical team are world class and thanks for your generous sponsorship, hard work and dedication to the sport of 3 Gun.

Thanks to all the Sponsors that support Multi-Gun.

Shooters...thanks for coming and I think you were challenged a time or two and hope everyone learned something.

The critical element of every mission is the de-brief/AAR, we conduct it to make our execution better. Don't care about the good, send me the bad, how I can improve and make it better. Don't worry, I am bullet proof when it comes to de-briefs.

Adios

Greg

Anyone care to share the story about Stage 7?

Our Squad did not get to shoot on Sunday , and I was to worn down to even go and look it over. But I was told=

The max time was 180 seconds and 80% of the shooters could not manage to make it to the end. I don't mind a long stage just the max time would have had to change to 240 like at Blue Ridge before most of the squads had shot it.

I did learn some new tricks that will help me

Edited by AlamoShooter

Our Squad did not get to shoot on Sunday , and I was to worn down to even go and look it over. But I was told=

The max time was 180 seconds and 80% of the shooters could not manage to make it to the end. I don't mind a long stage just the max time would have had to change to 240 like at Blue Ridge before most of the squads had shot it.

I did learn some new tricks that will help me

Our squad didn't get to shoot it either. :( Looked like it would have been fun. As I understand it, the reason for throwing out the stage was a combo of the large number of shooters parring out on it, and the reset times were running a little too long. Either one of those alone probably would not have resulted in the stage being thrown out, but with both things happening, it was probably a good call to toss it.