Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

Stat Shack - Heat/AC and Coffee pot!

;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Who do you think you're kidding, you bring your own pot and coffee!! But I will gladly provide the water and a 110v outlet for you... :cheers:

It is tough to get the coffee pot in my luggage - and then the airline breaks it. It helps if there is someone local who can donate a coffee pot. Otherwise, I have to purchase a cheap one & then leave it behind when I go. I do bring my own coffee pot if the range is within driving distance.

Linda Chico

Match Stats

Linda,

I'm driving - I'll bring a pot if needed.

Mike

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooo, I can't wait. :goof:

Now Kyle I know you are still grining from ear to ear but there might not be a mini gun there this year.

Hell, the brisket was what had me grinning, but the minigun was pure ecstasy!

Won't matter though, whatever is there.......well, I'm sure Greg won't let us down. :cheers:

Logistic needs for large match, 180-200 shooters.

Major Airport - At least 1.5 Hours from Range.

My requirements are 15-20 minutes from range.

Hotel/Motel

Chow

Range Requirements

Parking - 150 to 180 Vehicles

Stat Shack - Heat/AC

8 Bays

300 yard range minimum

No over head fires

Electricity

Water

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club has hosted the USPSA Multigun Nationals, and Area 1 on more than one occasion.

What part of Texas.. is that in? :ph34r: ............... :rolleyes:

Edited by M ammo

The further east in Tx. the better. It's a long drive from Ga. Wherever it is I'm there. Shooting in the squad with Greg at Steel City was a blast.

LaRue and DPMS and others might do a great deal for themselves if they moved the matches around region to region. It would no doubt open some markets for them.

Logistic needs for large match, 180-200 shooters.

Major Airport - At least 1.5 Hours from Range.

My requirements are 15-20 minutes from range.

Hotel/Motel

Chow

Range Requirements

Parking - 150 to 180 Vehicles

Stat Shack - Heat/AC

8 Bays

300 yard range minimum

No over head fires

Electricity

Water

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club has hosted the USPSA Multigun Nationals, and Area 1 on more than one occasion.

What part of Texas.. is that in? :ph34r: ............... :rolleyes:

Northwest part.......

I didn't see the requirement that it be in Texas. :roflol:

Plus, we have an awesome club with lots of Major Match experience at the helm.

Edited by bberkley

The further east in Tx. the better. It's a long drive from Ga. Wherever it is I'm there. Shooting in the squad with Greg at Steel City was a blast.

LaRue and DPMS and others might do a great deal for themselves if they moved the matches around region to region. It would no doubt open some markets for them.

Greg said the match will stay in the Republic, I think thats a great idea. I like going back home once in awhile!

LaRue, DPMS, Ft Benning, Blue Ridge, Rocky Mountain - none of them have to move. They all fill up every year.

LaRue, DPMS, Ft Benning, Blue Ridge, Rocky Mountain - none of them have to move. They all fill up every year.

The difference being that LaRue and DPMS use the matches to promote their products and moving around would better spread the word to a wider audience. Those who travel across the country for the match have already been sold on the products, and those travelers are not a big market. Extremely loyal, but not big. On the other hand, the companies have to trade that off vs. travel expense for their staff.

That said, I like Texas better due to its proximity. :D

Lee

Linda,

You will have the biggest coffee pot in Texas!

Linda ~ I will provide Starbucks at the Stat Shack to guarentee a spot in this match and the 2010 FB3G! Not to mention as a thank you for all the great work you do.

I was a grunt at the first three Texas State 3-Gun matches in San Angelo (and Match Director for two of those three, if my increasingly feeble memory serves). However, I'm stationed in San Antonio now...but here are the answers as I see them:

SAN ANGELO GUN CLUB

Logistic needs for large match, 180-200 shooters. (CAN DO)

Major Airport - At least 1.5 Hours from Range. (30 MINUTES)

My requirements are (Hotel/Chow) 15-20 minutes from range (1,800 BEDS AND LOTS OF CHOW 15 MINUTES OUT)

Range Requirements

Parking - 150 to 180 Vehicles (YES, BUT IT WON'T BE PRETTY)

Stat Shack - Heat/AC (YES, ASSUMING OFT-DELAYED REPAIRS COMPLETED)

8 Bays (TWELVE)

300 yard range minimum (ONE BIG 200 YARD BAY, TWO 100 YARD BAYS)

No over head fires (NO)

Electricity (YES)

Water (WE BROUGHT IN A TANK FULL; NO RUNNING WATER)

The problem is staff...which is why the TX3G hasn't been held for the last few years. The "working" staff for real competitions (instead of Cowboy or benchrest/.22) is down to the club president and the VP ("President in Charge of Vice," otherwise known as BPowe) in a club of 1,200 lazy-ass members (sigh). Liota and I are 220 miles away, or that would be four workers instead of two :(

Alex

If its in Orange, I'll bring Linda a Braun Coffee maker, and fresh grind Freach Roast on demand . :rolleyes:

I expect to share the coffee . :cheers:

Its a good range, and close to the house .

I love shooting 3 Gun. Some day I may be good at it.

LaRue was a fun match last year, less wind and warmer would be nice.

Greg said the match will stay in the Republic, I think thats a great idea. I like going back home once in awhile!

If you have rooms and grub, I have fuel.