Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PRIMERS - where do you guys usually buy online?

seeds76

Target Barn (at matches only, not a hazmat certified shipper)

I am new and have not been to a match yet. Is it likely that there will be vendors like Target Barn at the Nationals in Las Vegas who have primers in stock? I'm thinking of making the drive out from Southern California anyway, but if I can buy primers at the same time, then I am definitely making the trip.

Target Barn received a very small (50K) supply of WLP primers and brought them to the A7. The only reason they had them in stock was that they are not a UPS hazmat certified shipper, and can only sell primers face2face.

They were asking $45/K, $42/K in lots of 5K.

If you want a prayer of getting primers, call the usual suspects who exhibit at the nationals and get an advance order in - if you can.

Powder Valley

Wideners

Target Barn (at matches only, not a hazmat certified shipper)

Beikirchs - great if you are in the northeast within the area covered by their munitions delivery truck

I'm in the northeast, never heard of Beikirchs. A website/phone number?

Wow what a deal? <_< I would stick to buying targets from them and get on a list at PV.

Target Barn received a very small (50K) supply of WLP primers and brought them to the A7. The only reason they had them in stock was that they are not a UPS hazmat certified shipper, and can only sell primers face2face.

They were asking $45/K, $42/K in lots of 5K.

If you want a prayer of getting primers, call the usual suspects who exhibit at the nationals and get an advance order in - if you can.

'm in the northeast, never heard of Beikirchs. A website/phone number?

www.beikirchs.com

They might require an FFL for orders, which is probably why their price list is passworded (not sure, I go in on part of a large order my local club does). They are great people - once you have an account you just call in an order and the truck shows up (free shipping with certain minimums depending on distance). Just pay the bill quickly - these are good people providing a vital public service.

They are great for primers (except in time of shortage - they are no better than anyone else getting them during droughts), the non-exotic powders (Winchester, Alliant, Hodgdon), ammo and clay birds. They carry first tier bullets (Hornady, Sierra, Nosler, etc.), but don't carry the sort of bulk bullets people on this list tend to use, nor do they carry bulk brass (at least not the last time I checked).

The staff are all great people, and the trucks are part of their own fleet. You get a Beikirch's employee who actually helps you unload the truck, not a union driver who stands with his arms folded since unloading is not in his job description.

(re: Target Barn) Wow what a deal? I would stick to buying targets from them and get on a list at PV.

It's tough to make a judgement on this one. I'm sure Dave would rather be making a small amount on his usual table full of primers than a bigger unit profit on a whopping 10 cases. Also, charging a premium meant that WLP primers remained available throughout the match so those people who were running low could pay few $ or so a box above a more generally accepted non-shortage retail price could get what they needed to stay in the game. If he offered them at the normal price, someone (perhaps me) would have bought them all to beef up the strategic inventory.

I was told that PV won't put you on a back order list until the primers are shown on the website. Does that make sense?

If I understand the PV site you CAN order if the product is listed on the website even if it is out of stock. I.E you can order Wolf SPP but not Win SPP.

I was told that PV won't put you on a back order list until the primers are shown on the website. Does that make sense?

If I understand the PV site you CAN order if the product is listed on the website even if it is out of stock. I.E you can order Wolf SPP but not Win SPP.

Yeah... if it's listed you can order it. Regrettably, I don't think ANY regular SPP are listed at this time, but I might have missed something, and who knows, it could change daily. They have SP MAGNUM types, and that is probably useful, but I didn't see the regular ones. <_<

If you plan to drive to the nationals, check out the local sporting goods stores on the way. We had people who went to Area 3 and were able to pick over 6k just from the local stores on the way. If you buy primers at the nationals you will pay a premium.

I have bought from most of the people listed but for once I got something right and picked up primers from whoever and whenever they were available last year and it saved me a boat load of money. So like someone else mentioned, check out any supply store that you might come across. A friend of mine who was at Camp Perry told me they were selling cases of Federals there for $200.00. Which is ridiculous!

Their 223 primers are a "hard cup" variant, so I went with the regular rifle primers for 40 and super. They shipped 48 hours after delivery and I didn't get an "sorry, out of stock" notice.

The outer case for the 5K packs is interesting - full info about the Russian manufacturer rather than the "Wolf" trade name used for the US market.