Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why aren't there more Master level Production shooters?

lugnut

Confusing? Then don't worry about it and just go out and shoot Alphas in an efficient manner! :)

It does seem that picking 95% of Limited may have been a little agressive though, but I follow the logic.

Aggressive? It was a gift.

If you are wanting to move up, then shooting Alpahs is the path. Major or minor...Alphas score the same.

Magwells...they help the missed reloads. A good reload is a good reload.

Holster...you might get a good tenth out of a race holster vs. a Productin holster.

10 rounds...that comes into play on just a few classifiers stages. But, that is the same thing the Limited-10 folks face...and they had their HHF set exactly the same as Limited (not the 95%)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confusing? Then don't worry about it and just go out and shoot Alphas in an efficient manner! :)

It does seem that picking 95% of Limited may have been a little agressive though, but I follow the logic.

Holster...you might get a good tenth out of a race holster vs. a Productin holster.

10 rounds...that comes into play on just a few classifiers stages. But, that is the same thing the Limited-10 folks face...and they had their HHF set exactly the same as Limited (not the 95%)

Forgot about minor scoring?

Forgot about minor scoring?

I think he mentioned it.

...shooting Alpahs is the path. Major or minor...Alphas score the same.

Number of Shooters In each Class

Class Open Limited Ltd 10 Production Revolver

GM 143 121 34 49 10

M 521 467 180 173 40

A 751 841 476 377 103

B 1521 2221 1133 989 251

C 1555 3291 2321 2084 512

D 455 1285 1064 1143 216

U 12386 9106 12124 12517 16200

There are a lot of points of interest to be found in these numbers... not the least of which is that there are more Revolver shooters in the Unclassified category than any other division... :huh:

Not really --- if you had the numbers of shooters in all classes and the unclassified numbers, you'll get an identical number of members for each division. The bulk of the membership isn't classified in revolver -- big surprise.....

If you are wanting to move up, then shooting Alpahs is the path. Major or minor...Alphas score the same.

Gotcha- I was comparing Production to Limited in some local matches... not classifiers. My bad. Very interesting points- thanks.

Number of Shooters In each Class

Class Open Limited Ltd 10 Production Revolver

GM 143 121 34 49 10

M 521 467 180 173 40

A 751 841 476 377 103

B 1521 2221 1133 989 251

C 1555 3291 2321 2084 512

D 455 1285 1064 1143 216

U 12386 9106 12124 12517 16200

There are a lot of points of interest to be found in these numbers... not the least of which is that there are more Revolver shooters in the Unclassified category than any other division... :huh:

Not really --- if you had the numbers of shooters in all classes and the unclassified numbers, you'll get an identical number of members for each division. The bulk of the membership isn't classified in revolver -- big surprise.....

Ah... so the unclassified numbers include those who've never shot the division... not just those that shot it, but not enough matches to get a classification. That makes much more sense. :blush:

Holster...you might get a good tenth out of a race holster vs. a Production holster.

Shooting Alphas is definitely the path... but I'd wager that the reality is that the majority of classifier scores that get turned in each month have B/C/D hits among the alphas. Also, I think magwells definitely offer a speed advantage in reloads. (Not to mention the potential advantage of sweet SA triggers, race holsters, custom lightened slides, etc... )

But maybe 95% is the right number to compensate for all the disadvantages... (?) Now that there are enough Production classifiers on file, it would be interesting to analyze the stats to see how it shakes out.

Shooting Alphas is definitely the path... but I'd wager that the reality is that the majority of classifier scores that get turned in each month have B/C/D hits among the alphas. Also, I think magwells definitely offer a speed advantage in reloads. (Not to mention the potential advantage of sweet SA triggers, race holsters, custom lightened slides, etc... )

But maybe 95% is the right number to compensate for all the disadvantages... (?) Now that there are enough Production classifiers on file, it would be interesting to analyze the stats to see how it shakes out.

I think the point Flex was making is that the people that essentially set the HHF for a classifier- are very likely to get all As, get clean reloads, etc. I can bet that the top 10 shooters of a classifier are shooting it real clean AND fast.

Superfast.

Yep... just out of curiosity... out of facination of Sevigny, I checked the results of the area matches this year. He is sick fast/good. There was one match with about 5 GM and a bunch of Masters... he came in first... and the next closest was like 10% off... damn I'd love to watch him in a match!

Superfast.

Yep... just out of curiosity... out of facination of Sevigny, I checked the results of the area matches this year. He is sick fast/good. There was one match with about 5 GM and a bunch of Masters... he came in first... and the next closest was like 10% off... damn I'd love to watch him in a match!

Move to the Atlanta area. He shows up at a number of local matches.

:)

Production is strong in Georgia, quite a few guys in my shooting circle that are riseing thru the ranks pretty fast. There are more GM production guys on the way have no fear! {Production, When in doubt reload!!} I Love it!

I was fortunate enough to be squadded with Dave and Jesse at the Area 8 match... made for a memorable day, to say the least!

Dave is truly awesome to watch... as it turned out though, (since we're on the topic) he actually had a little trouble on "Tight Squeeze". He had 2 Mikes and a No Shoot, and ended up with a 3.6969 HF. He remarked to me that it was by far his worst classifier in years...

He handled it like a champion, though. He just shrugged it off, and proceeded to burn down all the remaining stages and win the Division. :bow:

Edited by Xfactor

Superfast.

You see that in all divisions.

Sub Dave for Max, Chris, Jerry, TGO and others in any division and its the same thing

• 3 weeks later...
i saw a GM production shooter at the Paul Bunyan range in Puyallup, WA his name was Yong Lee i think.

Yong Lee is correct. He's one of four Production GMs we have in the Northwest Section. Mike Hughes is from a little further up north in the section and he just placed 10th overall at Production Nationals. I think we are quite lucky to have such talented shooters to shoot against every week.

Looks like a good amount of Master and Grand Master level shooters at the Production Nationals. And, I know of a half dozen or more from my general area that weren't there.

http://www.uspsa.org/mr/stage_display.php?...stol_Finals.dat

From the Open Nats:

There were 281 folks in open with 35 GM (12.5%) and 59 M (20%)

There were 145 folks in prod with 16 GM (11%) and 26 M (17.9%)

Pretty close to the same ratios. ;)

Looks like a good amount of Master and Grand Master level shooters at the Production Nationals. And, I know of a half dozen or more from my general area that weren't there.

http://www.uspsa.org/mr/stage_display.php?...stol_Finals.dat

From the Open Nats:

There were 281 folks in open with 35 GM (12.5%) and 59 M (20%)

There were 145 folks in prod with 16 GM (11%) and 26 M (17.9%)

Pretty close to the same ratios. ;)

Excellent analysis Chuck! Considering the fact that this division is relatively new, the numbers are just about equal. "Production division" certainly seems to be a success for USPSA. (for the record it has been the main division I have shot for some time & I really enjoy it).

it seems production is pretty popular amongst the newer shooters or shooters from other divisions taking a break.

you see a lot of U, D, and C class shooters..then you see them break away into Limited or L10, maybe open.

at Master..I think a few of those might be GMs in the other divisions taking the break from their primary division and being classified.

In our section.. Production and Limited have the numbers..but Limited is the most contested in all classifications. We have a few GM production shooters, one or two Ms, and then it drops down to B, C, D classes.

Hey! Where's the love for the only A class production shooter in the section? (wonder why I'm shooting Limited?)

it seems production is pretty popular amongst the newer shooters or shooters from other divisions taking a break.

you see a lot of U, D, and C class shooters..then you see them break away into Limited or L10, maybe open.

at Master..I think a few of those might be GMs in the other divisions taking the break from their primary division and being classified.

In our section.. Production and Limited have the numbers..but Limited is the most contested in all classifications. We have a few GM production shooters, one or two Ms, and then it drops down to B, C, D classes.

Hey! Where's the love for the only A class production shooter in the section? (wonder why I'm shooting Limited?)

sorry dude...I consider you one of big dog M shooters.

• 5 years later...