Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scores not posted on USPSA site

KyroWebs

Just wondered why some clubs post the scores on the club website, but not the USPSA site? Yet the classifier still gets submitted and posted.....

Probably a dumb question, but I'm confused why they wouldn't just upload all the scores to USPSA for posting on the USPSA site :unsure:

Just wondered why some clubs post the scores on the club website, but not the USPSA site? Yet the classifier still gets submitted and posted.....

Probably a dumb question, but I'm confused why they wouldn't just upload all the scores to USPSA for posting on the USPSA site :unsure:

Because the classifier is the only stage that's the same from club to club. The rest of the stages are only relevant to your local club and the people shooting that day.

I think he means the "local match results". In the NWS (Seattle area) all the clubs post the scores to the USPSA website for viewing. In the CCS (Portland area) Albany does, but TCGC and Dundee have their scores posted on the CCS section website in a text doc. I like it when the results are posted directly on the USPSA website, but I understand there's some fee structure associated with doing that.

~Mitch

I think he means the "local match results". In the NWS (Seattle area) all the clubs post the scores to the USPSA website for viewing. In the CCS (Portland area) Albany does, but TCGC and Dundee have their scores posted on the CCS section website in a text doc. I like it when the results are posted directly on the USPSA website, but I understand there's some fee structure associated with doing that.

~Mitch

As far as I know there is no fee structure to post the local match results for an affiliated club.

The uploading of classifiers and match results are two separate possess, and the two are totally unrelated. One can upload the match results but the classifiers will not get entered as classifiers unless the dude doing scores uploads the classifier to the classifier upload page.

Edited by davecutts

We have clubs here that only use the Area 2 website. We have one club that uses both Area 2 and USPSA! On thing to keep in mind is that the USPSA site does not support posting of overall scores. All that needs to happen is that your scoring person has to upload the match database. The fee is only for classifiers, I think.

Here is the link: http://www.uspsa.org/club_services/uploadL...atchResults.php

Later,

Chuck

The uploading of classifiers and match results are two separate possess, and the two are totally unrelated. One can upload the match results but the classifiers will not get entered as classifiers unless the dude doing scores uploads the classifier to the classifier upload page.

Speak of the devil! :roflol:

~Mitch

There is no fee associated with posting the match scores to USPSA. Dundee could do it, but nobody has asked us

to. One of the reasons that we use the CCS website which links to the results on teamcroc.com, is that USPSA

won't post a combined overall. Most shooters like to see how they did against EVERYONE, as well as their

official results within division.

There is no fee associated with posting the match scores to USPSA. Dundee could do it, but nobody has asked us

to. One of the reasons that we use the CCS website which links to the results on teamcroc.com, is that USPSA

won't post a combined overall. Most shooters like to see how they did against EVERYONE, as well as their

Thanks for the explaination Bill! Having come from NWS it confused me that I had to see the results in a text doc instead of the "nice" USPSA format. Wonder how hard it would be for USPSA to program it to allow overall results like we post on the CCS website.

~Mitch

Thanks for the explaination Bill! Having come from NWS it confused me that I had to see the results in a text doc instead of the "nice" USPSA format. Wonder how hard it would be for USPSA to program it to allow overall results like we post on the CCS website.

~Mitch

I asked about combined results some time back and I was told the reason that they do not put the combined scores up is the possibility of flip-flop where the order of finish changes from the overall results to the division results. Even though the combined results are not "official", people will still ask the questions. I guess it is more simple to omit it.

Later,

Chuck

PS: Here is one thread on the subject

Edited by ChuckS

It is faster to post score to the USPSA website than it is to read this thread. Just a few clickity clicks and they are there.

It doesn't have to be instead of posting them to a local website. It can be in addition too...

Plus...the USPSA members that have their USPSA profile current...they get an email telling them a match they shot in has the scores up. There is no waiting on the webmaster. And, you can click on a shooter and see that one shooters stage results.

It's a good addition, that is sooo easy to do.

It is faster to post score to the USPSA website than it is to read this thread. Just a few clickity clicks and they are there.

It doesn't have to be instead of posting them to a local website. It can be in addition too...

Plus...the USPSA members that have their USPSA profile current...they get an email telling them a match they shot in has the scores up. There is no waiting on the webmaster. And, you can click on a shooter and see that one shooters stage results.

It's a good addition, that is sooo easy to do.

I've learned something. I didn't realize you could look up local matches on the USPSA website.

As far as I know there is no fee structure to post the local match results for an affiliated club.

There is no fee for posting the scores to www.uspsa.org. USPSA employs vast armies of people whose job is to figure out ways to provide more free services for clubs and members :)

The "combined results" do not exist in the rules, and have no official standing - which is why they are not included in the posting to USPSA.ORG.

Posting local results is a very simple process, and some clubs post to both their local web site as well as the USPSA site.

I think it is possible that some clubs are not posting local matches to USPSA because it reveals too much information. Local web sites list score, penalty,time, hit factor and stage points whereas USPSA is listing how the points were derived, i.e. A,B,C,D,M,P.

I think it is possible that some clubs are not posting local matches to USPSA because it reveals too much information. Local web sites list score, penalty,time, hit factor and stage points whereas USPSA is listing how the points were derived, i.e. A,B,C,D,M,P.

Huh ?!?

:huh:

The only "privacy" issue we've had is with full names (some members would rather not have their IPSC results come up first in a web search, some would rather not advertise where they are every 2nd Saturday for 6 hours, etc). USPSA doesn't post those publicly, so we have 'em both places-- on USPSA and combined on the club site (which is behind a very simple password scheme to keep some of the search robots out)

Huh ?!?

:huh:

When I look at local match results, for say Albany OR, and I go to pistol finals for say Production, I get a listing of the finishing order. In the finishing order are links to individual competitors scores, when I click on the link I see by stage the # of A's B's C's and so forth a competitor got for the match. I don't care if you know that I shot mostly charlie's and delta's but then I am me and I dance to my own drummer.

Chiming in here.

We have our own website. Our scores are posted there including the combined results. I have not felt any need to publish to the USPSA site, although we may have done so once or twice. Our clients have not requested it. It is just one more thing to d when I get home on Sunday night and then I also have to post any corrections to that many more places.

That said, scores should be available to all that shoot the match ASAP. Email, Website, Snail Mail, Handed face to face, but they should be there. In this day, most of us (and all of us here) have access tot he web. why spend money, time and resources to mail? Why post to multiple websites? A link to each club is or should be available from USPSA, the Area site and the Section site. We also have several additional cross links here from some of our shooters that offer classes and information as well as from the host club sites.

Jim

Jim,

I hear ya. I know the feeling. It always took me 2-3hrs to peak in the scores. After all the other match stuff...it's only about 10 more seconds to post them to the USPSA site. (Which, other than not "combined" really is a better format...more info. Plus, it auto-emails members that the scores are up. That is nice too, since so many now are tethered to their email through their phone/Star-Trek communicator.)