Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Vinci

Merlin Orr

Thanks for the sandpaper around the shell idea. I'm having the same problem with shells catching the sharp corners, so this should fix me right up. I'm going to make small changes at a time - the only thing I plan to do now more than you is to extend the load port forward.

Are you doing load 2 or traditional weak hand grab 4?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Load 2. In the first pic, the gun is propped up in my Carbon Arms pinwheel TWINS setup.

Strip it down, remove the trigger group and the bolt release button to get full access to the area. Take your time on the sanding. I would do some and then test it...do a little more and test again. It will take a bit of time because the lip is fairly thick. You might not be able to tell but the sanded area is at a fairly steep angle. I didn't want to get too "flat" with the angle as I thought it may make the lip too thin at the edge...it also took less sanding!

Even at the steeper angle it is 1000% better than stock.

• 6 months later...

I finally got out yesterday to try out my Nordic Components tube for my Vinci. I put the 12 rd tube on and the gun ran perfectly. Awesome tube that makes an already great shotgun even better. I can't wait for the first 3-gun match of the season.

Edited by Brian Payne

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm about to pick up a 26in or 28in with the speed bolt. Should I choose Super Vinci or just the regular Vinci???

If you are using for 3gun, go short! You will have chokes. It is OK if your tube sticks out past the barrel.

If you want a speedbolt, you will have to order a 24" Vinci unless Benelli has made some changes to their line up.

I'm about to pick up a 26in or 28in with the speed bolt. Should I choose Super Vinci or just the regular Vinci???

If you are using for 3gun, go short! You will have chokes. It is OK if your tube sticks out past the barrel.

If you want a speedbolt, you will have to order a 24" Vinci unless Benelli has made some changes to their line up.

Oh, there are some more expensive Benelli's that have the speed bolts but they are around $2k.

I've got a 24" Speedbolt with the Nordic 12rd tube. I just opened up the loading port following Pat Kelley's posts. I have not shot a regular Vinci, but I will say that the Speedbolt will cycle everything from Winchester, Rio, Estate, Remy, federal, and hell, even some Herters. I was fortunate enough to win the Nordic Vinci setup from a Facebook contest they had. My Vinci came as the 3gun version, so it had a +2 extension from the factory that had the same threads as a Nova. I put a +6 Nordic Nova tube on until I won the Vinci tube.

To me, the Vinci and M2 are so similar that I wouldn't sell one to buy the other. I have both. The benefit of the Vinci is that it's significantly lighter and breaks down easier. The only downside to the Vinci can be taken care of with a dremel or files and sandpaper, and that's it's deep load port. Quad loading was next to impossible, dual loads were tricky. I took a bunch of material off the port and made it more shallow, and now dropping quads is so much easier. Being that the follower is captive in the shell tube, you can take a lot of material off the receiver and not worry about the follower popping out. I took some material off the front of the port and put a nice bevel on the inside lip to ease loading. I imagine I'll end up welding the lifter as it's always breaking my thumbnail. The factory trigger measures 3lb 7oz with my Lyman digital scale.

If you can find one, the 3G model is a pretty good value over the regular Cordoba (field) model. You get the Speedbolt, extension, and a full set of black extended chokes for $100 more than the field model.

f9197dbb-87c1-4bdc-95d4-aede77255010_zps

1E82C81E_zps95c0246f.jpg

Edited by RigPig

• 2 weeks later...