Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Vinci

Merlin Orr

Kenny from Nordic shot his Vinci at a match on saturday. It worked well with one light primer strike on the last stage. Not sure if it was a a ammo issue or a gun issue. He did have a prototype mag tube on it.

Schultz

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the guys who built your own tubes: would you describe what you did to help those of us who also want to build our own tubes?

I'm thinking about these possible routes:

1) Take apart existing short magazine tube assembly (I need tips on how to get the plastic "knob" off the steel collar) and replace it with a possibly lathed one-piece tube made of aluminum, steel, titanium, or carbon fiber with caps at both ends (one sealed and one with an open face to trap the follower).

2) Attach extension tube to existing short magazine tube assembly using welding or some clever clamping.

Any help is much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

I own one of the first vinci's (camo) that came out. It's been through 3 duck seasons ( I think) and 20+ cases of shells. Half of those were 3" black cloud. I'm harder than most on duck guns. The finish is worn through on every edge and chipped off in a place or two. I just ordered my 2nd replacement recoil spring. When I ordered my first one I was apparently the first to need one. I know it seems like I'm down on the gun. I absolutely love it. I just wish I could get a extended tube for 3 gun/ goose conservation season.

DocBall,

After reading thru most of this thread I think you're the man I want to ask a question. How well does the Vinci perform when nasty dirty? Have you had yours in that condition? The reason I'm asking, when I'm not overseas I work for Catfish farmers in Mississippi doing depredation work on birds that eat the catfish. Double Crested Cormorants mostly. Some days I go through 3 flats (750) shells or more. When it's raining I get muddy, when it's dry The guns get clogged with blowing grass and dirt in addition to fouling. I keep spray lube in my kit and I've found over the years that Benelli's and Beretta's are the only guns that hold up to the beating. I owned several M-1's and M-2's and one SBEII until thieves decided they wanted an entire gun safe out of my home while I was in Afghanistan. I'm replacing two of the guns and I was considering another M-2 and either replacing my stolen SBEII or getting a Vinci 3.5"in it's place. I want to haveat least on 3.5" for my turkey and goose hunting. Any insight for me?

Thanks,

Todd Salmon

• 3 months later...

Kenny from Nordic shot his Vinci at a match on saturday. It worked well with one light primer strike on the last stage. Not sure if it was a a ammo issue or a gun issue. He did have a prototype mag tube on it.

Schultz

Any further development on this mag tube ?

when I'm not overseas I work for Catfish farmers in Mississippi doing depredation work on birds that eat the catfish. Some days I go through 3 flats (750) shells or more. Any insight for me?

Thanks,

Todd Salmon

That's got to be a hoot!

• 2 months later...

Try Mark at RCI, these are the guys that designed up the XRAIL. They now do one piece tubes and the Vinci tube is one that they offer.

https://www.xrailbyr...gory_Code=XM2BE

Tim

Actually, these guys came out with 1 piece SS tubes last year and offer them for a variety of shotguns including the M2 and Versamax

Edited by TRUBL

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Tim (and aheadofthecurve), for the tip.

I stopped by RCI's booth at SHOT Show 2013 and picked up the Vinci "mono tube" they now make for $249 MSRP. It is fantastic. Holds 10 rounds and is tough as nails. A bit heavy for my tastes, but I doubt they can reduce the weight without significantly weakening it. Dumping it into barrels repeatedly is absolutely safe with the design they currently have.

Here are some photos of the tube:

post-23598-0-20444000-1358581166_thumb.j

post-23598-0-00943500-1358581186_thumb.j

post-23598-0-16469400-1358581219_thumb.j

The end cap at the front is removable and designed not to mushroom out from striking the bottom of dump barrels. RCI may be making extensions that thread onto the end of the tube later on.

The whole assembly includes the follower and spring and simply drops into your existing Vinci fore grip like a stock tube.

It's one round too long for the storage compartment in the OEM Vinci case, but that's no surprise, as that spot is meant for the 5, 7, and 9-round OEM tubes.

Loading is smooth with no binding.

In the photos, I've got a 24" barrel against the 10-round tube for comparison.

I AM SO STOKED THAT I CAN FINALLY RUN MY VINCI AS A 3-GUN SHOTGUN, SO THANKS TO RCI FOR FINALLY PRODUCING ONE!

Edited by dchang0

This is good news. If I recall Jeff Cramblitt was running a Vinci at the last 3G Held at Ft Benning. It has a good feel to it. However, I believe he is running something else now.

BTW, sure do miss those 3G matches at Ft Benning.

• 1 month later...

After countless attempts at creating my own Mag extension for my Vinci, I finally got my RCI extension. LOVE IT!!!! Not only does it install in seconds, but its all one piece and assembled when you get it.

One thing I did notice is that using a barrel clamp with my previous contraptions proved to be a bad idea. The barrel and the mag are not made to be one unit on this gun. I am hesitant about putting a clamp on the RCI - xrail extension until I hear its ok.

Forget dealing with Benelli, they have terrible customer support. You can call and email all you want, you won't get anywhere with them.

When I put it next to my M2 it makes the M2 look like a model T

First - 3 gun with the new extension coming up in a couple weeks!

Now if I can find a way to get the speedbolt without buying another complete gun.

After countless attempts at creating my own Mag extension for my Vinci, I finally got my RCI extension. LOVE IT!!!! Not only does it install in seconds, but its all one piece and assembled when you get it.

One thing I did notice is that using a barrel clamp with my previous contraptions proved to be a bad idea. The barrel and the mag are not made to be one unit on this gun. I am hesitant about putting a clamp on the RCI - xrail extension until I hear its ok.

Forget dealing with Benelli, they have terrible customer support. You can call and email all you want, you won't get anywhere with them.

When I put it next to my M2 it makes the M2 look like a model T

First - 3 gun with the new extension coming up in a couple weeks!

Now if I can find a way to get the speedbolt without buying another complete gun.

I have one coming monday or tuesday. Can't wait...pricey! :blush:

Since there are tubes available now I'm thinking about getting a Vinci for my wife to use in 3 gun but I'm concerned about the recoil. I'v heard that they are really soft shooting and I've also heard there isn't any difference until you get to the magnum loads. I know recoil is subjective and hard to quantify sometimes but she is used to the Versa Max which has a soft push. My M2 with it's faster harsher recoil beats her up. Even the CZ 712 is too much. Where does the Vinci fit in?

• 2 months later...

Picked up my Vinci 26" last night, and got the tracking number for my RCI tube today. Now to get some folks to share more pictures of their load port flaring. I'm working on masking out a few lines to see how far I can go.

• 1 month later...

Got my 24" speedbolt vinci a few weeks ago and got my RCI tube in last week. Took them to a 3 gun match today (rainy and muddy) and they ran perfect! Very happy with the 10+1 setup and the feel of the gun and tube. Lots of intrest from the others in my squad too.

My first post here too!

Also interested in any, vinci port flaring photos

The only modification I've done is to ramp the inside back portion of the port. It comes squared off and was catching the lip of the shell sometimes. After a little work with some sandpaper taped around a dummy round (dremel not needed) it was much better. No problems since! The port is already bevelled and flared fairly well. I don't think I'm going to change it any right now. Sorry for the pic quality...

7a900dc2e32385670a5c65729fd7670f.jpg

3dce5b34a3f1d8e0505fe0d0fcd8f39b.jpg

0f37658159d494f6dcc101eede82dbef.jpg

f191a6c18abba68ca79a00077f1a1954.jpg