Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chamber Flags

Do all/most of the multi gun matches require the use of chamber flags? I am shooting my first match this month at the Arkansas multi gun match and I want to be ready to go when i get there.

All of them that I've shot does. I make sure I have my own, rather than use the sometimes available wire ties.

Do all/most of the multi gun matches require the use of chamber flags? I am shooting my first match this month at the Arkansas multi gun match and I want to be ready to go when i get there.

I have never been to a match that did not require them. Buy the soft plastic ones as those that are rigid are not going to last an entire match.

I have only shot at a local monthly match and my two big matches were...

Johnson 3-Gun

Rocky Mtn 3-Gun

No chamber flags were required. I will have to buy some if I ever go to another big match...just in case...

Randy

At most matches it is "flagged" or "bagged". I actually dislike most chamber flag designs - I don't feel comfortable stuffing anything in the chamber that might not come out 100%. Also, the bag keeps dust and crud off the gun. If I absolutely have to flag my rifle, I have one of these, which does not enter the chamber at all:

SB16_Detail.jpg

At most matches it is "flagged" or "bagged". I actually dislike most chamber flag designs - I don't feel comfortable stuffing anything in the chamber that might not come out 100%. Also, the bag keeps dust and crud off the gun. If I absolutely have to flag my rifle, I have one of these, which does not enter the chamber at all:

SB16_Detail.jpg

I like that as well. Did you make it or buy it?

Also, what is that device clamped around your mag well?

It's a standard Boonie Packer product - the photo is right off their website, and the device clamped to the magwell is their RediMag spare magazine holder. Arredondo offers a similar magwell safety device.

It's a standard Boonie Packer product - the photo is right off their website, and the device clamped to the magwell is their RediMag spare magazine holder. Arredondo offers a similar magwell safety device.

agreed-not shoving some piece of plastic into my hot chamber after 60 rounds. arredondo's is a must.

Another member showed me a cool trick with the plastic/rubber tubing intended for wiring in cars, shrink wrap I guess. Works really good stuck in the ejection port and out the magwell or feedgate and it's stupid cheap for a pretty good amount.

The Arredondo chamber plug is really good and he supports the sport, heck he gave 100 or so to us for the HPSC to give to the shooters in the shooters match bag.

I have a couple left over, if anybody wants one or two, let me know I'll try and have them available at the matches I go to next.

trapr

The Arredondo chamber plug is really good and he supports the sport, heck he gave 100 or so to us for the HPSC to give to the shooters in the shooters match bag.

I have a couple left over, if anybody wants one or two, let me know I'll try and have them available at the matches I go to next.

trapr

Can you give one to Mr. Weakhand at the DPMS match. I'll get it from him upon his return to OK.

Thanks!

One time I needed some chamber flags and didn't have the time to wait for and order to ship.

I was at the hardware store and seen some weed eater line that was bright orange and a small enough diameter to fit in the bore of the rifle.

A 40 foot package wasn't more than a few dollars and all I had to do was cut some lengths about 14" and heat them to make a zigzag shape on one end to keep them from just falling out of the shotgun with the action open, the rifle one stayed in just fine.