Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another question about the Nats....

joecichlid

What I always do when shooting a new place is try and find as many videos as I can shot on the range. I asked a shooter local to that range and he suggested:

Check Youtube and do a search for "Desert Sportsman"- there are several videos from Brad Ellis (fastdrawGM) and others.

Doing that I found alot of videos showing the range surface and an idea on the size of the bays.

Dan, thanks for the tip as I had never thought to do a search for videos shot at the range. Great idea!

Troy, thanks for the info now if I can just get to Vegas early enough Friday to allow me to get checked in for the match and check out the range. lol

Joe W.

As I recall, the nationals paperwork indicated the range opens Sept 11 @ 1:00pm.

Does this means that we can walk thru the stages after 1:00 pm? :unsure:

Yes.

Troy

Do we need to register first before checking out the stages?

As I recall, the nationals paperwork indicated the range opens Sept 11 @ 1:00pm.

Does this means that we can walk thru the stages after 1:00 pm? :unsure:

Yes.

Troy

Do we need to register first before checking out the stages?

No, but I'd take Chris Keen's advice.

Troy

Thanks for the info guys.

Crack of O'Dark Thirty fly out of KC and land in Vegas.

Check into the hotel and drop my gear off.

Get in line and check for the match.

Go check out the range and the stages.

Get some food and drink lots of water then get a good nights rest.

Get up and go have the best time of my life on the range.

Joe W.

Thanks for the info guys.

Crack of O'Dark Thirty fly out of KC and land in Vegas.

Check into the hotel and drop my gear off.

Get in line and check for the match.

Go check out the range and the stages.

Get some food and drink lots of water then get a good nights rest.

Get up and go have the best time of my life on the range.

Joe W.

Do you need to pick up ammo??

Yeah, I hear ammo might be a good thing to have. lol I am thinking about shipping it to the hotel, they do charge $10 for anything under 30 pounds but it might be worth it to save time on Friday. I will let you know for sure in the next few days though.

Joe W

Yeah, I hear ammo might be a good thing to have. lol I am thinking about shipping it to the hotel, they do charge $10 for anything under 30 pounds but it might be worth it to save time on Friday. I will let you know for sure in the next few days though.

Joe W

This is my first nationals and I ordered match ammo. The website says : " the ammo will be shipped directly to the match for distribution at the event".

do we pick up the ammo sept 11 during registration at the match hotel or do we pick them up at the range just before the start of the match?

Joe W

It took a week for mine to get there from Georgia, and we have only three weeks. If you ship to Ray at American Shooters and need us to pick up, just let me know.

Joe W

This is my first nationals and I ordered match ammo. The website says : " the ammo will be shipped directly to the match for distribution at the event".

do we pick up the ammo sept 11 during registration at the match hotel or do we pick them up at the range just before the start of the match?

You'll pick it up at the hotel during registration. There is a little paperwork and sampling involved.

Troy

Will the ammo we ship to American Shooters be at the match hotel at registraion or will we need to go there to pick it up? It does not matter, we just need to know so we can get it on our way in from the airport.

Edited by mikegot38

Any word when the stage descriptions will be posted online?

the $10,000 question

Last year they had both stages and squad matrix up by now.

Mr. McManus, mentioned in another thread something about a change in bay availability, so I am guessing this is the delay.

According to the USPSA Nationals web page, "the round count for the Smith & Wesson USPSA Handgun Nationals is 306 rounds per match. We will be posting stages as *soon* as we can. Please be patient."

Edited by Big Guy