Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me skills/you tube videos

shooterbenedetto

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice stages with a rare Rhodesian wall. It was fun but I screwed up three stages so didn't do that well score wise. Came in third behind the usual GMs. Now looking forward to Area 1 next week!

This year's Area 1 Championships was held in Idaho Falls and it featured 13 fun and varying stages. It wasn't super technical but it was a blast to shoot. Everyone had a chance to do well.

One of the stages (#10) got thrown out because of a rule misprint so we got to shoot it for fun. It featured a unique swinger mechanism that has two plates on either side to destabilize it. I believe it's called a Leo's Leaner. It's was fun to decipher and shoot.
I'm pretty happy that I had only three "Mikes" the entire match, I did however shoot somewhat slower than normal because of match pressure. I came in 10th Open, 4th Master behind an amazing array of fast and young shooters.
A Huge THANK YOU to Tim and crew who spent weeks planning and executing this match.

Shot a fun match today at Paul Bunyan. They have one of the best bays that have lots of long courses which are my fav. Came in 2nd place behind TimR AS USUAL but it's all my fault coz of mikes on 4 of the stages. Thanks to all the volunteers who help to set this match up till late last night. We shooters really appreciate it!

Came in 2nd place at the Marysville Slot Match. Had some screw ups as usual.

First time using my GoPro Hero4 Session at a match. This camera is easy to use and the video quality is top notch. The only issue is the slightly anemic audio when the gun goes off. Otherwise, the mic picks up speech pretty well.

Great Match today. It drizzled a little but then quickly went away. The stages were well put together, super high hit factor all round. Lucky to come in 2nd place. Had a few minor screw-ups but no big stage bombs. Thanks to the Down Zero team for putting together another solid match!

• 2 weeks later...

Great match, fun stages and squad. I wish I did better... had a mike on so many stages and no-shoots too. Need to focus and concentrate on the dot a bit more. Grats to Tim for HOA win and to Dave and gang for putting up a great match!

Series / Slot matches are the slightly more important matches where shooters get to compete in a series of matches to determine overall placing over six different clubs. They stand to win cash prizes and an opportunity (slot) to go to the Nationals. Find out more at http://northwestsection.org

Today's stages were fun with lots of interesting angles and shots. While I took the match win by the skin of my teeth, I wasn't very happy with my performance. I felt very uneasy shooting these stages and was inefficient with my movements.

I was going for "Hero or Zero" on the classifier and I lost which was pretty hilarious to watch. *lol*

I won my first IPSC presidents medal this weekend.

My times felt slow but lots partials and no shoots saw a lot of shooters come undone. I managed to backup all but 1 miss and spent over 2 seconds backing up good hits on a swinger on one stage. :(

I shoot multigun once a year, last time being Aug 2014. This is my 2nd time ever shooting Multigun in the Tactical Division. I sold my Glock 17 so I have to run my 19 this time which is so small I actually pinched my palm during a reload.

Not sure where I placed, I doubt it was very good as I have 3 big penalty stages. Doesn't really matter though, I shoot this for fun and boy it was. My shotgun reloads need a ton of work/practice if I'm to get into this seriously.
For now, I'll stick to USPSA Open Pistol.

• 2 weeks later...