Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just got a 610

Resjudicata

Obviously it is in serious need of a trigger job. This is a 6.5 inch barrel model. I'm looking at trying my 40 loads for my 6 inch limited gun.

The moons that come with it have the split between the cartridge spaces. Anyone know what brand these are?

Looks like either RIMZ or Ranch are okay for these guns. Do they hold the rounds snugly or are they loose and floppy like with these stock clips?

Chris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it a 610-3?

I use RIMZ, i have over a hundred of them, it is my understanding that is what the 610 owners use. the RIMZ should work with the earlier 610's but may require a little modification.

I have had mine for a few months now and really like it... to the point i was thinking of giving up my limited bottom feeder....

i sent mine to carmoney where he loved on the hammer a bit and rubbed other parts smooth.... the trigger is smooth as silk... the only place to sent your SW revo

Yes, it's a 610-3. Good to hear that the less expensive RIMZ moons work well. Any problems with the rounds falling loose from the moons unintentionally like with the RIMZ in 45ACP?

I was going to call Toolguy aka Warren Moore to work the gun over. He is local to me so it cuts out shipping. And I could also get one of his fiber optic front sights at the same time.

My big thing on reloading is that with the wide spaces between cartridge holes even with a chamfer of the cylinders I would expect it to help that the moons hold the rounds with as little excess movement as possible.

I'm hoping that I like this for USPSA revolver because it will be nice to use my Limited gun ammo. Right now I don't shoot my 625 very much because of the pain of reloading a different cartridge specially for that.

Chris

I'm hoping that I like this for USPSA revolver because it will be nice to use my Limited gun ammo. Right now I don't shoot my 625 very much because of the pain of reloading a different cartridge specially for that.

Chris

Will you be seen in at some of the local matches with the 610?

Are you interested in a roadtrip to Memphis for the Revo only match over Halloween weekend?

Riich

Edited by Wideload

Chris

Will you be seen in at some of the local matches with the 610?

Are you interested in a roadtrip to Memphis for the Revo only match over Halloween weekend?

Riich

I don't know. Let's go one step at a time. :blush: I need to get the RIMZ for it and then get the gun smoothed over and start shooting it to see if I like it.

You are part of the reason I'm trying this. I want to start bringing the Limited gun and the Revolver on Friday night and shooting both like you do. :goof:

Chris

Congrats Chris,I just picked up a 4" 610 myself.This is probably the best balanced N-Frame I've ever handled.I picked it up to be a double duty pin/hunting gun.I've only got 12 10mm's and 50 stout minor .40s through it,but it seems to be a sweet shooter.What little action cleanup that needed to be done,IMO,is done and now i just need to get some more clips for it.It sounds like the RIMZ clips work well,so I'll get some of those to try first.What moonclip holders are you guys using with those plastic rascals?-Mike

Nope, the 10/40 RIMZ work MUCH better than the 45 acp RIMZ. I can hang the mooned ammo off of my TK custom holders using only 2 of them for support and running around. You don't have to put them completely in the holders. The only issue they seem to have is that some of the center posts for other holders (speed-e-rack) may not fit the center hold of the RIMZ. They can be removed with no tools, but they have enough "meat" on them so as not to come loose from the moon clip until you do it yourself.

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and order some RIMZ later today. Also, probably a Safariland 002 holster. I'll wait until I get the moons to figure out the holders for them.

Also, gotta call Toolguy so I can get the gun to him. Need a trigger job and as much cylinder chamfer as is safe with my 40's.

Chris

I got an appointment with Warren for tomorrow night.

I have 100 RIMZ on their way.

Safariland is supposed to call me back today or tomorrow on whether I need a "cup challenge" holster for the 6" or the 7" to fit my 6.5" barrel gun.

Well, that should get me started. :cheers:

Chris

I got an appointment with Warren for tomorrow night.

I have 100 RIMZ on their way.

Safariland is supposed to call me back today or tomorrow on whether I need a "cup challenge" holster for the 6" or the 7" to fit my 6.5" barrel gun.

Well, that should get me started. :cheers:

Chris

The 6 inch one will work just fine. I run a 4 & 5 inch 625 and a 6.5 inch 610 all out of mine. No problems!!

Angryreb

Well, I read some reviews on the Speedsec holster and decided to try it out. So, that is on it's way from Shooter's Connection.

My RIMZ clips arrived today. Very quick shipping. I put some of my Federal carry ammo in one to see how tight the clips are. These seem to keep the rounds much tighter that the metal clips for either my 625, 627 or my 610. I also threw the loaded clip around my office a bit and none of the rounds came loose at all.

My appointment with Warren went very well. He took the trigger from 13 pounds and gritty to 7 pounds and smooth. He also cut the forcing cone (sp?) because the barrel didn't have one at all from the factory. The lands came all the way back to the end of the barrel. The work from Warren is great, as one would expect.

I'm going to go ahead and order some Hogue Big Butt grips for it now. Anybody recommend who to order them from?

Chris

Hi Chris,I think you'll be happy with the SpeedSec holster.My wife and I have been running them for a while now.You'll want to make sure you get all the adjustment screws tight enough,and keep an eye on them.I liked the SpeecSec well enough,that I got one for my smallblock Glocks too.How do the chambers look in your 610?Mine have a bit of what looks like reamer swirl marks in them.I checked ejection with some stout 10mm loads and didn't have any problems,it just uglied the brass slightly.No marks at all on the .40s I ran through.I might get them polished anyway though when I have the cylinder chamfered.I got a nice 7-8lb D/A pull on mine by just touching up the rebound slide and messaging the factory springs.Good luck and have fun,-Mike

Hi Chris,I think you'll be happy with the SpeedSec holster.My wife and I have been running them for a while now.You'll want to make sure you get all the adjustment screws tight enough,and keep an eye on them.I liked the SpeecSec well enough,that I got one for my smallblock Glocks too.How do the chambers look in your 610?Mine have a bit of what looks like reamer swirl marks in them.I checked ejection with some stout 10mm loads and didn't have any problems,it just uglied the brass slightly.No marks at all on the .40s I ran through.I might get them polished anyway though when I have the cylinder chamfered.I got a nice 7-8lb D/A pull on mine by just touching up the rebound slide and messaging the factory springs.Good luck and have fun,-Mike

Mike, on the Speedsec. Is the hook inside supposed to lock when the gun's trigger guard moves it down? Or does the weight of the gun hold the hook down? Right now the hook will only stay down with the lock on. I thought you could start with the gun in the holster either locked or not. Is this not the case?

Thanks,

Chris

Its the weight of the gun that holds the hook down,with a slight over center "camming" effect.You can safely start with it unlocked,but for a turning or moving start,I always lock mine.You'll have to adjust the 2 screws on the block to get you're gun to set right,especially the inside one under the hook.I set mine to have just a tiny,tiny bit of play when the gun is in and the lock is on.-Mike

Its the weight of the gun that holds the hook down,with a slight over center "camming" effect.You can safely start with it unlocked,but for a turning or moving start,I always lock mine.You'll have to adjust the 2 screws on the block to get you're gun to set right,especially the inside one under the hook.I set mine to have just a tiny,tiny bit of play when the gun is in and the lock is on.-Mike

Okay, thanks. I just got it in and thought at first that it was broken. Should have known that it was just me.

Chris

Other 610 owners:

What 40 S&W major and minor loads are you running? What bullet, powder?

Chris

I've got a 6.5" 610

For Major: 180 grain lead round nose bullet, 4.5 gn American Select for 170 power factor

For Minor: 155 grain lead round nose bullet, 3.5 gn American Select for 127 power factor

hope this helps

Minor - 185 gr cast RN - 3.6 gr Solo 1000 - 130-138 pf (golden bullet was 130, same load at the IRC was 138 pf) - 6.5" gun

Major - 185 gr cast RN - 4.5 gr Solo 1000 - 174 pf - this out of the 3 7/8" gun. Not sure what they are making in the 6.5" gun.

Old standby

Minor - 140 gr Bear creek RN - 4.0 gr Solo 1000 - 135ish PF - 6.5" gun

All brass is Winchester 40 S&W. Seated length for the 185's is 1.240" Seated length for the 140's is 1.175".

Edited by sargenv

• 2 months later...

Okay, I'm resurrecting my old 610 thread. I think I have the gun the way I want it with one big exception. The damn thing doesn't fire reliably with 40 S&W ammo. I have some 10mm brass I'm going to try and see if the gun will set those off.

The gun has a C&S extended firing pin. Warren did a trigger job on it and it feels great. However, even if I set the hammer tension way up it still won't set the 40's off. I think it is the RIMZ moonclips flexing too much especially since I insisted on a heavy chamfer for reloading purposes.

If anyone has had problems with their 610 igniting the 40 ammo with RIMZ or any other reason please let me know. I'm trying to keep from chasing my tail any more than necessary. (Yeah, I know. I should just stick to the 625. :angry2: Dammit)

Chris