Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dawson Single-Stack Ice Magwell!

Dawson Precision

How about Wilson mags? Will you have extended base pads for those?

How long are the basepads to make them work? Do they fit flush or stick out a little?

Do you have arched models yet?

Edited by BillD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just put one on my Kimber so I can shoot SS and L10 next year. My CMC 10 rd mags won't insert freely; any suggestions to get it corrected? TIA everybody.

Anyone know a solutions to this situation in CMC 8 round .45 power mags or Wilson 8 rounders for that matter?

Are their basepads out there for them that make insertion more reliable but still fit in the box?

Edited by cnote

Just put one on my Kimber so I can shoot SS and L10 next year. My CMC 10 rd mags won't insert freely; any suggestions to get it corrected? TIA everybody.

Anyone know a solutions to this situation in CMC 8 round .45 power mags or Wilson 8 rounders for that matter?

Are their basepads out there for them that make insertion more reliable but still fit in the box?

I bought the ICE for a SS. I got the no gap front which in retrospect might have been a mistake. I use Wilson 47D's. The .350 base pad is too short for me to get positive locking of the mag so I got the .650. I have had to grind a bunch of the front tip of the base pad away to seat the mag with the magwell. I got a chance to try the box Saturday and I have to trim a little off the front bottom of the .650 base pads to fit the box.

It's a little hard for me to take $60 worth of base pads and start grinding away on them, but the ICE magwell has made a significant improvement in my reload time.

Edited by BillD

I bought the ICE for a SS. I got the no gap front which in retrospect might have been a mistake. I use Wilson 47D's. The .350 base pad is too short for me to get positive locking of the mag so I got the .650. I have had to grind a bunch of the front tip of the mag away to seat with the magwell. I got a chance to try the box Saturday and I have to trim a little off the front bottom of the .650 base pads to fit the box.

It's a little hard for me to take $60 worth of base pads and start grinding away on them, but the ICE magwell has made a significant improvement in my reload time.

You have to run the big pads with the ice. You need a single stack or IDPA box to check to make sure it will fit after that.