Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The ultimate backpack type range bag

ArvinM

I can't seem to find a backpack type range bag. Can someone point me to a link or a manufacturer? I don't want anything too big, just the normal size you see kids carry to school. I would like a backpack that can hold my pistol plus 400 rounds of ammo and shooting gears.

Thanks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't seem to find a backpack type range bag. Can someone point me to a link or a manufacturer? I don't want anything too big, just the normal size you see kids carry to school. I would like a backpack that can hold my pistol plus 400 rounds of ammo and shooting gears.

Thanks.

Try a search of the Gear & Accessories forum for "back pack". You may find a thread or two ;)

Later,

Chuck

Yeah I bought one from Velocity Shooter in the Vendor Tent. It is great I have really enjoyed it.

The back pack looks like it will last years. The stool is OK and provides a good frame for the pack.

Yeah I bought one from Velocity Shooter in the Vendor Tent. It is great I have really enjoyed it.

The back pack looks like it will last years. The stool is OK and provides a good frame for the pack.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. The price is very reasonable too.

NRA store has a backpack. If it suits you I will sell you mine cheap. Let me know.

Sorry, but it doesn't seem to have a strong base to hold ammo. The CED backpack has a separate zipper in the bottom for specifically for ammo.

I use the CED. The bottom compartment will hold 2 dillon 100rd ammo boxes. I like it alot. I took the stool out, and use that storage compartment for my mag brushes and paperwork.

I have been running it for 2 years now and I like it.

Randy

I use the CED. The bottom compartment will hold 2 dillon 100rd ammo boxes. I like it alot. I took the stool out, and use that storage compartment for my mag brushes and paperwork.

I have been running it for 2 years now and I like it.

Randy

+

Maxpedition makes some nice backpacks including the gearslinger model which seems like a good size. I have some of there products and they are well made. I have one of their versapacks and it's awesome. You might want to check out their website. Good luck!

http://www.ebags.com/maxpedition/jumbo_tra...?modelid=103245

I think I found a winner! Small enough to bring to the range for practice and maybe big enough for matches.

After having a Jumbo........you may want to consider the Colossus. A little bit bigger and better suited.

The jumbo just isn't quite wide enough. The Colossus is only slightly larger.

http://www.ebags.com/maxpedition/jumbo_tra...?modelid=103245

I think I found a winner! Small enough to bring to the range for practice and maybe big enough for matches.

After having a Jumbo........you may want to consider the Colossus. A little bit bigger and better suited.

The jumbo just isn't quite wide enough. The Colossus is only slightly larger.

Would the jumbo fit an open gun in the CCW compartment? That's the only concern I have. I am planning on putting my ammo in a 6"x6" pouch that would attach outside the jumbo versipack. So, that would leave me more room for other crap I need to put inside the main compartment. Thanks in advance.

Do have any accessories or attachments that you recommend?

Thanks

Mike

Maxpedition makes a pack called the Falcon II. Almost as if it was built for our sport.

It is awesome for a pistol/range bag. Very well built. I have 3 of them and can't say enough good about them

Yeah....an open gun may fit but so tightly it would be a pain to hget it in and out. The Colossus would fit it much better.

Alright thanks. I will go colossus then. I will take pictures and some review when I get it.

Do have any accessories or attachments that you recommend?

Thanks

Mike

Maxpedition makes a pack called the Falcon II. Almost as if it was built for our sport.

It is awesome for a pistol/range bag. Very well built. I have 3 of them and can't say enough good about them

The only thing I added was the small insulated bottle holder on the side. Takes two large malice clips to attach.

Adding too much additional stuff really throws off the good balance of the pack.

Did anything ever become of the I-Shot backpack? I think at one time they were going to develop a shooters pack but were doing alot for the guys in the sandboxes. Anybody heard anything?

DaG

Tod,

Would you care to share how you utilize the compartments on the Falcon II? I have been toying with having a local guy build me a custom backpack but I would buy off the shelf if I could get an idea of how much I can/can't get in the pack along with how accessible it is.

Thanks, Craig

Tod,

Would you care to share how you utilize the compartments on the Falcon II? I have been toying with having a local guy build me a custom backpack but I would buy off the shelf if I could get an idea of how much I can/can't get in the pack along with how accessible it is.

Thanks, Craig

The link below might help you figure out how to utilize the bag.

I'm a big fan of the 5.11 pack. I have the First Responder 24 (same as the Rush 24, but in non-tactical bright red and nice gray interior to make it easier to find stuff) It's not designed as a range bag, but the perfect size for me with lots of pockets. It's big enough to carry everything for the World Shoot and small enough you don't need a truck and hoist to haul it around. I can think of a few improvements for range use, but not many.

The Maxpedition packs came in a close second when I was looking.