Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Night Force 1x4 NXS

kz45

I just ordered a Night Force 1x4 NXS from Larue Tactical, there combo deal. He was out of stock but said he should be receiving some in Wed. or Thur, I can't wait!! this is my first quality scope, it is a little pricey but its what I want.

I'v ben down that road with shotguns recently, wanted a Benelli but bought a Rem 1187, well I wasn't really happy and ended up with the Benelli anyway. So this time I just bit the bullet and went all out, going from a EO-Tech to this I feel like I'm in High cotton

I just ordered a Night Force 1x4 NXS from Larue Tactical, there combo deal. He was out of stock but said he should be receiving some in Wed. or Thur, I can't wait!! this is my first quality scope, it is a little pricey but its what I want.

I'v ben down that road with shotguns recently, wanted a Benelli but bought a Rem 1187, well I wasn't really happy and ended up with the Benelli anyway. So this time I just bit the bullet and went all out, going from a EO-Tech to this I feel like I'm in High cotton

You made a great choice though. I got a chance to look through a NF recently and it was very crisp and clear. Don't forget to grace us with a photo of it on your rifle.

Way to go! I've been running an NXS1-4 for a couple of years now, and I love it. Now I just need to come up with enough money to get a couple more...

Edited by lefty556

You made a great choice though. I got a chance to look through a NF recently and it was very crisp and clear. Don't forget to grace us with a photo of it on your rifle.

Will do, boy I can't wait!!

You will like it. What reticle did you get? I've been running one with an NP-1 reticle for a couple of years and love mine. The glass is so clear, you'll be amazed at what you can see and hit (distance wise) with only 4x max power. Much clearer than lesser scopes with more magnification.

The only thing I'd change about mine would be to have a plain reticle like the NP-1 with a couple of hold over stadia lines for long shots. They wouldn't necessarily need to subtend to anything, just to use as reference points.

Enjoy that new scope!

David

I saw that Nightforce has a new reticle out, the Velocity reticle. Looks perfect for 3-Gun but it's only for the 2.5x10. I sent an e mail asking if it could be put in the 1x4 but have not heard back.

VelocityBlack.gif

Edited by 3gunner

Here's the info on the FC-2 reticle that comes with the 1-4.

I've been looking at this scope a lot also, but want to see one first before I spend the $.

post-381-1248455719_thumb.png

Edited by Chris

Nightforce is just down the road a few miles from me. Wish they would give discounts to locals! B)
Can you take a ride over there and ask them to ship some to LaRue so they will have something to ship to me, mine is on back order :roflol: I'll be your new best friend for this small favor :cheers:

I have 2 and love them. My favorite is the plain crosshairs. It has a very fine aiming point but is still easy to pick up. Not good foe extended ranges where you need holdover markings.

I saw that Nightforce has a new reticle out, the Velocity reticle. Looks perfect for 3-Gun but it's only for the 2.5x10. I sent an e mail asking if it could be put in the 1x4 but have not heard back.

VelocityBlack.gif

Nightforce is very customer driven. Have your pals drop them several emails and you will receive a positive response on this and other issues. If there is any delay installing this new reticle on the 1-4x it is likely because they are selling more of the scopes with existing reticles than they can produce so there is no real upside to adding this to the mix right now.

post-11140-1248924070_thumb.jpg