Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Dane, green grass

chp5

Thanks guys. It doesn't translate in the pics, but the steel blue coat looks really cool against green grass.

Sophie weighed in today at a solid 25 pounds - the same weight as our 7 year old Corgie. The Corgie isn't sure about her yet . . .

Sophie has German bloodlines. The Euro Danes are shorter and thicker than the American lines - more Mastiff-like. The only thing that matters to us, however, is health and temperament.

Gorgeous Pup Cy!

Right now she almost is a spitting image of my Weimeraner.

Tod - her coat and coloring are very similar to the WR's. The blue Danes look like really big WR's. They are both German breeds and have many similarities (Great Danes are not actually Danish - go figure). Body shape is very similar, but on different scales.

Pezco - we will leave her ears natural (floppy). They started clipping Dane's ears because they were originally bred to hunt boar and the boars were ripping their ears. The cropped ears look cool, but they're a big hassle at first. Having a puppy is enough hassle by itself :rolleyes:

here is a picture of our blue merle dane. as a pup she was alot bluer but greyed as she aged. she is 4 years old and 120lb's.

OO - love the merle Danes! She is cute and has a very sweet face. Our first Dane was a mantle merle (in avatar).

• 6 months later...

I have the same breed dog but a male "Wally." He is almost 2 years old now. Those pictures make me wish he was a puppy again. What a beautiful coat! They grow so fast!

Blake - how 'bout a pic of Wally.

• 1 month later...

I guess I am nuts... We got Palin at 12 weeks and fell in love with the breed and nature.

She is a Great Saint, Dad - St. Bernard, Mom - Dane.

Here is a pic at 7 months - 83 lbs.

She is very happy to play fetch with a stick, basketball or small block engine.. then lay on the couch for the rest of the day.

Reagan came to us at 6 weeks. (two weeks ago)

Pure Dane, and a chick magnet. :devil:

Loves to stumble around his monster feet, and chew anything he can... :blink:

Latest pic of him at 8 weeks. - 28 lbs.

post-6125-127082606957_thumb.jpg

post-6125-127082608435_thumb.jpg

Edited by maineshootah