Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tour "DAY" france - TGO is back

-JQ-

Well TGO of cycling is back this year - Johan Bruyneel with a super squad - TGO what you thought Lance...OK maybe but Johan is the coach behind the man (Lance) and the team.

Lance's Team (good to say again) is Astana this time around and they have THE super squad this year. 4 of the 10 top spots after today's prologue (time trial)...Lance in 10...not bad for being out of the tour for 4 years...and only having one b@ll...

Lance may or may not be the one selected to win this year as they have 3-4 riders who have a chance on this team. (For those without chamois in their pants, there is usually 1 - maybe 2 riders from each team that are the ones who MIGHT have a chance).

I know for many it is as exciting as watching a round of TV golf/bowling/sailboat racing/ :sight: but for a few of us, this is the best time of the year.

Heck I'm not a roadie and I love the tour.

:cheers:

Should be interesting to watch the team chemistry with Kloden, Lance, Levi, and Contador all on the same team....

Supposedly, Lance was cream of the Astana team at the end of the Giro, will be neat to see if he's along for the ride for the publicity of pushing his cancer projects or is there to kick ass and take names....

Astana looks good. Lance did great today.

great place to follow is

http://www.livestrong.com/lance-armstrong/

and a good video of Lance with Eddie Merckx

http://www.livestrong.com/lance-armstrong/...3-9b5bca79f7ad/

1. CANCELLARA Fabian 33 TEAM SAXO BANK 19' 32"

2. CONTADOR Alberto 21 ASTANA 19' 50" + 00' 18"

3. WIGGINS Bradley 58 GARMIN - SLIPSTREAM 19' 51" + 00' 19"

4. KLÖDEN Andréas 23 ASTANA 19' 54" + 00' 22"

5. EVANS Cadel 11 SILENCE - LOTTO 19' 55" + 00' 23"

6. LEIPHEIMER Levi 24 ASTANA 20' 02" + 00' 30"

7. KREUZIGER Roman 93 LIQUIGAS 20' 04" + 00' 32"

8. MARTIN Tony 76 TEAM COLUMBIA - HTC 20' 05" + 00' 33"

9. NIBALI Vincenzo 95 LIQUIGAS 20' 09" + 00' 37"

10. ARMSTRONG Lance 22 ASTANA 20' 12" + 00' 40"

Heck I'm not a roadie and I love the tour.
Was watching the time trial today and the wife passed by. "What race is this?" The Tour. "Well, I know where you'll be for the next two weeks." :angry2:

This one is going to be different. Going to be an interesting soap opera for the next two weeks.

Noticed that Contador was wearing different colors at the TT ??

Cant wait till mount Ventoux, all will be settled on that little hill .. ;)

nothing to be made of Contador wearing a different jersey in the TT - he is the Spanish time trial champion and it's common form for the guys who are national champs to wear their nation's colors in the discipline they earned them in....

Thanks for posting Lance's site. I like the format he is doing and it's wonderful to see him back in a very tough game.

I hope he is able to contribute to his team, Astana, that would speak very well for him.

Finally got around to looking at the stages. Very interesting.

Stage 4 - Team Time Trial. Since the time for the team is counted on the 5th rider and 4 Astana riders are in the top 10 after the individual time trial, I expect Astana to make some serious time here.

Stage 20 - Mountain stage. A mountain stage before the final stage to Paris? What? And one of the toughest mountain stages. What? What? If the standings are close it could be a dogfight to seal it up.

What the organizers have done this year is give the race drama right up to the very end. My poor wife will be a widow for the next 3 weeks instead of 2.

Edited by Hank Ellis

3rd after 3 stages.

I found it ironic that the French fined him for missing the sign in ($92.00). They have also accused him of not bieng more available to the fans. He was sighning autographs and mingling with fans that caused him to miss sighn in. Leave it to the French to be like that. They don't realize this just may be booster fuel that motivates him even more to cross the finish line in Paris in first place.

Since the NASCAR Cup race was Saturday I recorded stage 1. Didn't get to watch it until last night. Guess I'll be a day behind until the break. Ain't DVR's great!

Art

Lance may or may not be the one selected to win this year

:cheers:

It's my beliefe that Lance will not give up winning for anyone. The only selection for team Astana is for second place.

I think you are right. But I think having so many contenders will really keep the other teams guessing!

And today is the team time trial (TTT) - don't tell me - I'm going to be planted in front of the TV tonight at 8 for VS "extended coverage"

The TTT is the most beautiful aspect of cycling...pure precision on super high end equipment...and the speed they can achieve is awesome!

The TTT is the most beautiful aspect of cycling...pure precision on super high end equipment...and the speed they can achieve is awesome!
Big +1.

Been in a few pacelines doing charity rides and even a slug like me can go fast. Can't fathom what it would be like with a TT bike and guys who you've practiced with.

Watched it live this morning. Have to watch it again tonight.

sweet ride this morning..watched it twice so far. :D

1. CANCELLARA Fabian 33 TEAM SAXO BANK 10h 38' 07"

2. ARMSTRONG Lance 22 ASTANA 10h 38' 07" + 00' 00"

3. CONTADOR Alberto 21 ASTANA 10h 38' 26" + 00' 19"

4. KLÖDEN Andréas 23 ASTANA 10h 38' 30" + 00' 23"

5. LEIPHEIMER Levi 24 ASTANA 10h 38' 38" + 00' 31"

6. WIGGINS Bradley 58 GARMIN - SLIPSTREAM 10h 38' 45" + 00' 38"

7. ZUBELDIA Haimar 29 ASTANA 10h 38' 58" + 00' 51"

8. MARTIN Tony 76 TEAM COLUMBIA - HTC 10h 38' 59" + 00' 52"

9. ZABRISKIE David 59 GARMIN - SLIPSTREAM 10h 39' 13" + 01' 06"

10. MILLAR David 56 GARMIN - SLIPSTREAM 10h 39' 14" + 01' 07"

Edited by eerw

Man, Contador looked pretty damned strong today with his acceleration in the final kilometers....

Looking at the rest of the tour profiles, I'd have to say this one is going to suit a climber, there is quite a bit of uphill left in this one!

TGO?....thought you were talking about Robbie when I cracked the thread open! <_<

Was wondering what the hell is he doing riding a bike in France. :roflol:

Pick One:

The Great One may refer to:

Wayne Gretzky (born 1961), Canadian ice hockey player

Sachin Tendulkar (born 1973), record-breaking Indian cricket player

Roberto Clemente (1934–1972), Hall of Fame Major League Baseball player

Jackie Gleason (1916–1987), American comedian and actor

Dwayne Johnson (born 1972), also known as The Rock, actor and former professional wrestler

Rob Leatham (born 1961), professional shooter and 16-time USPSA national champion

Mark Levin (born 1957), conservative radio talk show host

The English translation of the Dena'ina name Denali, a mountain in Denali Park, Alaska

The leader of the spiders in the Doctor Who story Planet of the Spiders

Great Ones, fictional characters from H. P. Lovecraft's Dreamlands

"Great Ones", names used to refer to magicians in Raymond E Feist's fantasy world of Midkemia