Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Triggers For Ar-15

Cosby

Jewell triggers are wonderfull when you are shooting highpower, as are Knights, Rock River, and Compass Lake all these companies offer 2 stage triggers that work great for long range precision shooting.

IPSC and Tac-3-gun are not "precision shooting" but fast paced games where an adjustable single stage trigger works best "IMHO".

JP makes a great adjustable single stage trigger and is a big supporter of our sport.

You can buy them direct from JP or from Brownells, if you buy direct from JP they will give you several springs and great advice as well, it is the best addition you will ever make to your rifle.

Talk with JP and find out what assy. is best for you as to spring weight and what hammer to use, for match use there lightweight hammer is nice but its not advised for a SHTF rifle as it may not hit some foreign ammo with enough force.

JPcan tailor your trigger for your needs.

I currently have a JP.

I'm going to get a Jewell on my next rifle. I've never used the Jewell but from what I can interpret the Jewell would be more like a regular pistol trigger than the JP.

I've read that the first stage of the Jewell trigger can act as the take-up while the 2nd stage can act as the actual sear to hammer engagement. Just like a normal pistol trigger.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/2stage.htm

What I am interested in from above is:

Third, there is a certain confidence in a 2 stage trigger. You pull through the first stage, and when you get to the "stop", you know you are on the ragged edge, and any movement of the trigger will fire the rifle. This is so in a match 2 stage trigger.

Since you can tune the Jewell to behave like a regular pistol trigger your actual triggering technique/memory or whatever you want to call it, will be more consistent between your pistol, rifle and shotgun.

The JP that's on my current rifle has no take up whatsoever. There is no prepping of the trigger with the JP. It's almost like you have to learn a different trigger technique.

I don't have knowledge of the Jewell on anything but hunting and Bench guns, but for those, I consider him the best. His trigger unit isn't trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear, it is a silk purse from the start.

Have not tried the others.

I love my JP.

Easy to install and adjust.

I suppose you could adjust for a certain amount of takeup if so desired, but I never tried, that was what I wanted to eliminate. Yes, I do shoot a 1911.

Travis F.

I'd like to find out more about the Accuracy Speaks trigger.

I've narrowed it down to that, or the JP.

I have a good idea of what I'd be getting with the JP, but other than a few reccomendations for the Accuracy Speaks, I don't know much about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer the Accuracy Speaks trigger. I had some problems with the screws in the JP backing out if not installed properly. The AS trigger is very simple in design. That said I love just about everything else that JP makes. My upper is JP and wouldn't have it any other way. I you ever do have any problems with any of the JP products John is great to deal with. He is a great sponsor and shows up at many of the big three gun matches. He also knows more about making AR's work for action 3-gun than anyone else I have met.