Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small pistol primers

The odd thing is, I saw them out of SR, then went back a little while ago, and had SR - I thought maybe it was a browser caching thing, so I refreshed. But then 5 minutes later I went to order (after talking to my gunsmith) and it was out. Then a little while later the sale price on SP disappeared. :D Very exciting and dynamic time!

~Mitch

I was at a local monthly gun show yesterday. EVERYTHING was high.

I found a booth with CCI small pistol primers. $75 for 500 primers....that's $150/1000

I hope they choke on them :angry2:

post-473-1244392248_thumb.jpg

dj

The 500 on that box denotes the type of primer and not the quantitiy. Those boxes hold ten packs of 100. I know because I have used more CCI than just about everything else. I just went through a box like that Friday night. :)

I was at a local monthly gun show yesterday. EVERYTHING was high.

I found a booth with CCI small pistol primers. $75 for 500 primers....that's $150/1000

I hope they choke on them :angry2:

post-473-1244392248_thumb.jpg

dj

The 500 on that box denotes the type of primer and not the quantitiy. Those boxes hold ten packs of 100. I know because I have used more CCI than just about everything else. I just went through a box like that Friday night. :)

Fair enuf... But I'm still not buying at $75/1000.

I was there late in the afternoon Saturday, so it doesn't look like anyone else was buying either. :cheers:

dj

I got on the Cabela's back order list. I bought 20,000 WSR. They should be here on the 28th of this month. My intentions are to sell 10k on here for the price I paid. I guess you could call me a hoarder but then again, I try and help out where I can. Just keep checking the classifieds. I think I will impose a limit but then again, we'll see...

Take it easy,

Preston <--- Not greedy

:) Not sure that compiles with forum rules but I appreciate the gesture.

Jim

Don't know about other shops around the country, but the local shop here still sells primers for their cost + standard commission. The only problem is that they have split the Hazmat shipping with powder and more primers in the past. Now, if they get an order of 10k primers in, they have less to split the shipping on, making the price go up a little. I think they're still $30-35 per thousand even after that, but I've heard they are only getting around 10,000 every week or two.

Man, you've got to be fast. I just looked at the rifle primers thread, clicked to Midway and checked if they had any pistol

primers as well, they did. They had CCI SP Magnum in the APS available five minutes ago. I clicked back to rifle primers,then back to the APS primers and their gone !! :surprise:

I found primers at the local gunshow, prices were $29-45 per thousand. Purchased some oooold cci primers from an individual (30 per thousand)before I had even looked arround(later found 400 of the 2000 missing, grrrr), and 3 boxes of winchester from somebody with a table(40 per thousand). There was a lot of PMC available as well from 29-45 per thousand. I took the availability, even at higher prices, to be a good sign.

Robley

• 5 weeks later...