Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Rio Salado Desert Classic / Area 2

Any word on squading?

When Barb was handling it, the squads usually were put together a couple weeks prior to the match. and the lists we never posted. I am not sure if Polle is will following the same path. Email her with your requests (if you have not done so already) and see what she says.

Later,

Chuck

barbara is not involved in the match any more. check the previous posts for the new contact person.

lynn

I know, that is why I mentioned Polle! Her contact information is on the Rio Salado Website.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on squading?

When Barb was handling it, the squads usually were put together a couple weeks prior to the match. and the lists we never posted. I am not sure if Polle is will following the same path. Email her with your requests (if you have not done so already) and see what she says.

Later,

Chuck

barbara is not involved in the match any more. check the previous posts for the new contact person.

lynn

I know, that is why I mentioned Polle! Her contact information is on the Rio Salado Website.

sorry, i didn't read it correctly.

lynn

Hi everyone,

Polle said that the satges should be up on the website later today. I talked to her at our local match today and do know that it is 11 stages and just about 300 rounds, one stage is at 10 rounds all other between 26 and 32. Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

Polle said that the satges should be up on the website later today. I talked to her at our local match today and do know that it is 11 stages and just about 300 rounds, one stage is at 10 rounds all other between 26 and 32. Hope this helps.

10 rounds? I bet it's 5 of those sonic swingers... :surprise:

Hi everyone,

Chuck you're close. It's 4 FAST swingers and 2 poppers shot from the roller coaster while blindfolded and it's a gun empty and holstered and from a surrender start. :roflol:

Edited by jasmap

Hi everyone,

Chuck you're close. It's 4 FAST swingers and 2 poppers shot from the roller coaster while blindfolded and it's a gun empty and holstered and from a surrender start. :roflol:

Seated in a space ship!

Hi everyone,

Seated in a space ship!

and carrying the baby while knifing the target...

Hi everyone,

Facing uprange.

Hi everyone,

Seated in a space ship!

and carrying the baby while knifing the target...

I forgot those!

Do they usually post the Squad list online before the match starts?

The never had in the past. Barb just said no. I am not sure what Polle is going to do. When the squading is complete, you can get your squad number for you and your buddies but the list was never posted.

Later,

Chuck

Do they usually post the Squad list online before the match starts?

You will see your squad when you register at the range. All the squads should be posted.

For those who are wondering where to send your ammo, this is the place again this year.

Accuracy Speaks

3960 N. Usery pass Rd.

Mesa, AZ 85207

Ok, different question. During the week of the Area 2 match, are there any other local club matches happening as well? If so, where and when are they during the week?

Yup, Tuesday Night Steel at Rio Salado, Wednesday night USPSA match at Scottsdale Gun Club (indoors), Thursday Night Steel at Phoeinx Rod and Gun Club and Thursday Night USPSA at Ben Avery. At least this was the line up last year. A search of previous years Area 2 threads will provide links. You can get to TNS on the rio website.

Later,

Chuck

ChuckS> Thanks a bunch for the heads up!!! I will do some research on the clubs schedules. If they are still going to be shooting the USPSA matches on Wed & Thur I will be there.

I really like getting in early to hit Tuesday Night Steel. You can normally get through it 2 times if you are so inclined. The SGC Wednesday night match is fun but it runs a tad slow. They have run 2 stages and got everybody though them and then changed over to 2 more stages. One was a classifier. It can run pretty late. (10ish). I always seem to wind up on a squad that shoots the early shift on Friday so I have never made it to Thursday Night steel or Ben Avery. I think Little Kahuna got to BA last year (right, Nick?).

Have fun!

Chuck

Looks like only 3 hard cover targets and no no-shoots!?!?!?!!?! Can it be true?

:-D

Probably not :rolleyes: . When you look at the swingers, think the fastest possible swing and you can NOT see them at the "dwell" positions :devil: . And no, they probably do not disappear...

They look like good stages. I like this match!

Later,

Chuck

I hope that the pictured stages match the real thing to some extent. I remember last years stage descriptions not looking anything like they did in person. I have some hope though as the stage description pictures this year look more refined to start off with. We will see when we get there. Either way, they will get shot with a smile :cheers: