Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Arkansas Section MultiGun Championship

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Corpus Christi/Triangle Shooting Sports/Coastal Bend Shooters Bunch will be there, at least most of us. It aint the heat it's the humidity that helps those slippery shotgun shells slip right out of your fingers. Pro Grip! Pro Grip! and more Pro Grip! LOL Just ask Benny

Pro Grip? What is that now? I am sure I need some of that too.

More Pro Grip

It dries up really quick on your hands and keep them dry or tacky

The Corpus Christi/Triangle Shooting Sports/Coastal Bend Shooters Bunch will be there, at least most of us. It aint the heat it's the humidity that helps those slippery shotgun shells slip right out of your fingers. Pro Grip! Pro Grip! and more Pro Grip! LOL Just ask Benny

Pro Grip

Whoa! Is that for during or after the match? :roflol:

Pro Grip

Your Choice Just ask for Merlin or Ty and they will be glad to let you try some.

Pro Grip

Your Choice Just ask for Merlin or Ty and they will be glad to let you try some.

Sorry I was expecting some sort of grip tape like supstance not a lotion bottle. It kind of struck me as funny. Thanks, I think I will hit the guys up to try some at the match.

Do you have a physical address for the range so I can put it in my GPS?

Hey Jessee, I'll make it eeeeasy for you to find.

1. From I40, take exit 7 on to I540.

2. Take exit 3 and turn South (left) on to hwy 59.

3. Approx 4-5 miles to 'Gun Club Road' its well marked with a small 'Old Fort Gun Club' billboard on your left.

4. Turn left onto Gun Club Road (dirt), go 2 miles to the gun club gate.

If you're already in Ft Smith, take hwy 22 east (thats Rogers Ave) to Barling, AR. Drive thru Barling

to hwy 59, turn left, drive north over the river to Gun Club rd and take a right.

I wont make it this weekend, yall have fun.

The match is a lot of fun and well run but it really needed to be kept in October like last year. August in this part of the

country is a killer.

Craig

Advantage for the local guys that shoot all summer in this heat.

It looks like the weather is going to be in the mid to lower 80's which is perfect. Ahhh, fall finally.

I helped (I use that term loosely) finish set up Thursday...its gonna be a fun one.

I was going to miss this match, but I managed to swindle a Friday shoot with the RO's.

;-)

And the bar has been set.

If you ar still going to be in the area, stop by or call tomorrow or sat evening, Id love to swirl some bourbon with ya. or swill. lol.

I helped (I use that term loosely) finish set up Thursday...its gonna be a fun one.

I was going to miss this match, but I managed to swindle a Friday shoot with the RO's.

;-)

And the bar has been set.

If you ar still going to be in the area, stop by or call tomorrow or sat evening, Id love to swirl some bourbon with ya. or swill. lol.

I'll be outta town, I'll prob even miss the prize table. But you'll have fun at this match anyway.

I shot it today, great stages.

The RO's and organizers have busted their asses and have 2 more busy days ahead of them.

They deserve a pat on the back.

10 stages in one day was a bit much for me and a 8moa red dot was not optimal for the 300 yard course.

Hate that I'm missing such a great match this year......always a good bunch of folks running the show, then there's Hyden to deal with....HAHA

Y'all have fun...Looks like nice weather for the end of August.

Day 1 of my first match is in the books. I am having a blast:)!!! Except for that long range stuff I feel pretty good about my performance. I definately have room for improvement. I was squadded with Taran Butler which makes my good runs look kinda bad. He's fun to watch though. My squad mates keep talking about some new gear called "practice" after each of my runs.

I was wondering if ya'll might now who makes that. I figured it might be Nordic, JP, or Triangle but I scoured their websites and couldn't find it anywhere. Please help. I guess I need "practice" pretty badly.

Taran won it all. I got to shoot with him and we was unreal this weekend. Benny took second in Tac. Not sure how the rest of the divisions went. I ended up 1st B in Limited and 5th overall in Lim. It was a fun match for sure. They had to time me with a sun dial on a couple of stages. Great weather was a treat, low 80's.

Taran won it all. I got to shoot with him and we was unreal this weekend. Benny took second in Tac. Not sure how the rest of the divisions went. I ended up 1st B in Limited and 5th overall in Lim. It was a fun match for sure. They had to time me with a sun dial on a couple of stages. Great weather was a treat, low 80's.

1st in B Limited and 5th overall limited? Niiice! Sounds like a great match! :bow:

I wish I could have been there to shoot with you guys, but I'll get to the next one.

Well....someone post some results and funny/horror stories !!!!

Here is a link to my YouTube videos of the match. jtischauser YouTube Videos

Please try not to laugh at my technique as this was my first 3 gun match. Furthermore, I have only been shooting IPSC matches since February '09. If you have any advice I am all ears.

My fastest stage turned out to be my worst stage for points when I forgot to take one step forward into the shooting box. 6 shots later I was down 60 points for procedural penalties on a 60 point stage. I would have received a big fat zero if it wouldn't have been for that 20 point bonus clay that we had to shoot with the old 20 gauge side-by-side shotgun. It was still good for a last place finish on the stage. Several shooters forgot that the side-by-side had two triggers and they kept pulling the first trigger over and over and wound up missing the bonus bird.

Thankfully I made up for that bad shotgun stage on the long range rifle stage. It only took me a short 60+ seconds to miss half the 12 targets. That run was good enough to pick up a total of zero match points on the stage. Several people reminded me that I should rest the rifle on the magazine while you shoot prone which I already knew but forgot to do.

Other than those two bonehead mistakes and some jitters on my first two stages I felt like I shot pretty good for my first go round. I ended up around 20thish out of 40 shooters in tactical. Which was good enough to make me want to go shoot another match as soon as I can. Man this 3 gun stuff is FUN!!!

Nice stages and really quality people manning them.... Had a great time and really enjoyed myself.

This is what it's all about...shooting and good people and having fun. :cheers:

Kudos to the organizational skills displayed throughout the match.

Nice stages and really quality people manning them.... Had a great time and really enjoyed myself.

This is what it's all about...shooting and good people and having fun. :cheers:

Kudos to the organizational skills displayed throughout the match.

+1

Tom and staff were awesome!

Stupid me left my video camera out on a stage Saturday night and they found it and held on to it. Since the police haven't shown up yet, I dint even think they watched what was on it. :)

Great match and we'll be there again next year for sure.

M