Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Excessive Glockiness...

SiG Lady

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuck !

The reason I shoot a Glock is it's simplicity.

Although I do like my Glock very much, it's <not> perfect and I like other weapons too.

One of the reasons I'm not stopping by at GT as much as I used to anymore.

Anyway, those engraved things are really, really, really ugly !

(But that's just my opinion ;) )

I agree with all of you -

The only caveat is that some fool made $12,000 selling gussied up glocks? Do I think he sold them? Hell yes! I guarantee there are people with too much freakin' money and not enough sense to realize these are a completel rip off.

Yes - the people who bought are stupid, but the guy selling? Don't chastise him - he just made a bunch o' dollar bills!

JB

Hi guys,

I can assure you that the guns are real. You can order Glocks with engraving from the Glock factory in Austria, but the ones shown by SiG Lady are the "extreme" versions. There's another (semi-completed) version shown on my company website.

Mind you, I've never sold one, but my primary customers are law enforcement, not collectors.

Robert Glock once showed me an engraved G26 which was very sexy because the engraving was not "coloured". In other words, there was no gold or silver inlay. Sadly I don't have a photo, but I'll try to get one.

By the way, US$12,000 is unbelievable unless it's 18k. You can get an engraved Glock from the factory for under US$2,000 made by the top engraver in Austria. Americans can order them through Glock in Smyrna, GA.

Hey, that's not so bad. I think the problem with the engraved Glocks is the half-assed contrasting look of the unaltered molded polymer. Like having an engraved Remington 1100 with a synthetic stock.

BTW, the guy asking $6000 each for the guns in question has not sold them yet. Hmm, he is from Texas.

Duane,

Correct. Papa Glock's eldest son is Gaston Jr., then he has a daughter (her name escapes me for the moment), and the younger son is Robert, who now spends most of his time at the factory in Smyrna, Georgia.

I haven't seen Robert for some time, but he's a very cool guy and the last few times we were together, we had fun.