Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New IOR Valdada scope

I would love to try one...but if is like the Elcan then I would pass. Lots of stages with only 100-250 yard shots I will use a 2-3 power setting. Using only a 4 power setting will narrow your FOV too much I believe. I love the IOR scopes and would love to own one...until I find something better than my Meopta (for the price), I will continue to use it.

Sure a small throw lever...

RLTW,

Scott

Edited by busyhawk

+1 to still needing a little more meat on the ring/lever

also +1 to fov issues with midrange targets......I have seen more than one shooter burn unnecessary time trying to find a target in a scope with limited FOV

• 3 weeks later...

Reports from IOR are that this will be available with several mounting options, one being a twist off european style QD mount. Similar to the EAW mount. Also, the center dot (of a BDC reticle) is the only portion of the reticle that is illuminated and is 3-MOA (unconfirmed). It doesn't use a throw lever, rather a mag. ring like traditional optics. I'm excited to see initial reviews.

TECHNICAL DATA

MAGNIFICATION.....................................................1x or 4x

OBJECTIVE SIZE.....................................................32mm

FIELD OF VIEW @ 100 YDS.......................................38 - 144 ft

EXIT PUPIL ............................................................32 - 8mm

EYE RELIEF ............................................................3.5 in

DIOPTRICAL ADJUSTMENT...................................... -4 TO +4 DPT.

CLICK VALUE @ 100 yds.........................................0.1 MRAD (1 cm)

RETICLE ADJUSTMENT RANGE ................................15 MRAD (54 MOA) @ 100yds

TUBE DIAMETER.....................................................35 mm

LENGTH ................................................................7.25 in

WEIGHT................................................................23 oz.

BATTERY...............................................................CR 2032

COATINGS.............................MC-7 BROAD BAND FULLY MULTICOAT, ANTIREFLEX

OPTICAL GLASS......................................................PREMIUM SCHOTT, GERMANY

if you like terrible customer service and poorly built scope then by all means buy an IOR, the glass is great and that is about it, I have had too many issues with IOR's to recommend one to anyone

I have 3 of the IORs and like them all. They are great scopes, built like a brick SH with glass that is clear as any. I have used their customer support twice and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Right now, I'm not looking for a scope that does what this one does, but if I were, I'd not hesitate to buy from IOR, or Cactus Tactical or one of the other vendors that handle their product.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Any update to anyone handling this scope.

I would have thought that this one cost a lot until I spend a bunch of $ going to the IRON Man only to have my scope loose zero after a few stages.

Let me know if you like this one, Thanks

I played with this scope at the NRA show and it was awesome. The 35mm diameter made the field of view HUGE. I'd love to run one if I had the funds although it does weigh a ton. It's the best one I've seen so far for my purposes but I haven't seen how they hold up in the field yet, can't be as bad as the elcan and half the price.

I also played with one at the NRA show. It's nice and small, but I could not get past the lack of intermediate magnification... anything in between 1x and 4x is blurry, so you have to make sure when you change magnification that you turn the ring all the way.

I also played with one at the NRA show. It's nice and small, but I could not get past the lack of intermediate magnification... anything in between 1x and 4x is blurry, so you have to make sure when you change magnification that you turn the ring all the way.

I sent in a scope to be checked out and Valdada was nice very fast on scope replacement.

Leo

I would have thought that this one cost a lot until I spend a bunch of $ going to the IRON Man only to have my scope loose zero after a few stages.

Here's a recent review, only one I've seen so far

Tactical Gun Fan

Here's a recent review, only one I've seen so far

Tactical Gun Fan

I think it's the scope for me but I hate to clunk down that much without seeing it or shooting it first.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine on Friday. Interesting scope. I still haven't had a lot of time to play with it. Biggest downside is the power ring is a serious pain to move. Very, very tight. If you don't get it all the way on 1 or 4 the scope is completely out of focus. Incredible field of view though on 1x. And it is a true 1x. (or at least as close as I can tell. The reticle is a bit harder to pick up then I was hoping for.

I can't understand why the power ring would be marked for anything between 1 and 4 if it is completely blury ???????

sounds like there is a problem with the scope or it should not be marked with anything but 1 and 4.

I can't understand why the power ring would be marked for anything between 1 and 4 if it is completely blury ???????

sounds like there is a problem with the scope or it should not be marked with anything but 1 and 4.

I think Dustin is modeling an IOR other than the Pitbull. That may be why its marked with other settings.

Chuck -

Is the reticle daylight visible?

Edited by U.Duck

I think Dustin is modeling an IOR other than the Pitbull. That may be why its marked with other settings.

Chuck -

The scope that Dustin shows is indeed a different model. The point of Dustin's post was to show how easily someone could mount an adjustment lever.

To answer your question Chuck, I have not played with this specific model of optic but I have used the reticle which is shown on the website to be used on this model and the reticle is very daylight visible.

Dustin: Want to share with us the name of your gunsmith who made the lever for you?

Edited by Charles Bond

Chuck -

The scope that Dustin shows is indeed a different model. The point of Dustin's post was to show how easily someone could mount an adjustment lever.

To answer your question Chuck, I have not played with this specific model of optic but I have used the reticle which is shown on the website to be used on this model and the reticle is very daylight visible.

The scope I have is IOR 1.5 -8x25 but the nearly useless power ring looks very similar to the pitbull. Chris at Acu-Arms in Missoula Mt. (406-728-4131) did this for me, but any gunsmith should be able to make this simple part and install it. I'm sure Chris would make the lever and ship it anywhere with instructions. I don't think this lever mounting system would work for every scope. I chose to go this route because the IOR power ring is so thick.

Dusty