Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swine Flu- Are YOU ready?

This has all the makings of a zombie movie.

- people get infected with a new disease

- no cure for new disease

- people start to stock pile food and ammo

- swine flu zombies emerge and eat people (or brains)

- military intervenes and blows up town with very large bomb

- a small group of people escape and are cast in the sequel

Now since we don't know much about swine flu zombies, lets analyze the previous zombie pandemics.

Return of the Living Dead - Probably the best of all the zombies. Infected with the military

chemical Trioxin 245, these zombies were fast, strong, smart and could talk. Disease was airborne

and easily transmitted. No known weakness. Gunshots and hacking off limbs did not have any effect.

Incineration was the only defense, however the gases produced were fatal and created more zombies.

Dawn of the Dead (2004 version) - Another outbreak of flesh eating zombies infected with who knows

what. These zombies were slow and wandered around aimlessly. However they appeared strong and inflicted massive bites to their victims. Disease was spread through bites from infected. Gunshots, chainsaws and other improvised weapons were effective in staving off the deadly hoard.

28 Days Later - This time its the British military's fault. Humans infected with the 'Rage' virus.

Incubation period was typically 60 seconds or less. Zombies were fast, agile and strong.

Disease transmission was through bites or contact with bodily fluids from the infected. Gunshots

and other improvised weapons which could cause severe trauma were effective.

Swine Flu Zombies - Very little information available at this time. Infection and transmission rate

appears slower than previous zombie epidemics. Humans infected with Swine Flu show symptoms similar

to influenza making identification of Swine Flu zombies difficult. At this time, it is also unknown

if Swine Flu zombies eat human flesh or brains to ease the pain and suffering. We can assume that

weapons capable of inflicting severe trauma would be a good defense against Swine Flu zombies.

Tips - Stay indoors.

Avoid unnecessary travel

Have a fresh supply of food and water

Have plenty of ammunition

Aim for the head.

Finally... :cheers: to you, Good Sir....!

The situation may not be as critical as first believed. I have just received an update on how to recognize the Swine Flu Zombie. Watch you trash cans and if/when you see a lazy human looking creature rooting around with their snout grunting it is quite likely someone who is infected.... Threat level to the uninfected is low unless you are caught between an infected and a food source or you fail to wash your hands after eating fried chicken. :ph34r:

On a more serious note, if I'm reading this article from 2004 correctly, you create a Human/Avian flu in anticipation

of a natural strain and then you inject the newly created virus into an animal that closley relates to the human

build up for testing ?? Let's see..... a PIG !!!! :wacko::o

:ph34r:

Edited by P.Pres

Grandma was right -- cover your mouth, wash your paws, behave with a little social decorum and, if you're sick, stay home!

From CDC/WHO (reliable sources, professional opinion)

4/26: 18 confirmed cases in Mexico, another 19 suspect (tests pending); 20 confirmed in US

4/27:

Mexico - 26 confirmed, includes 7 deaths (NOT 140+ deaths as reported by some of the media!)

US - 40 cases

Canada - 6

Spain - 1

no deaths outside of Mexico

4/28:

Mexico - 26 confirmed, 7 deaths, stable for the past 24 hours. This is encouraging.

US - 64

Canada - 6 (stable)

New Zealand - 3

UK - 2

Israel - 2

Spain - 2

I suspect that we will continue to see additional confirmed cases over the next ~10 days as the incubation period passes, people become symptomatic, and get tested*. This is the natural course of a viral illness. There will be concurrent respiratory viruses that will send people flocking for testing, but which will prove not to be Influenza A. (* = half dozen people walked into my office before 10AM today complaining of feeling 'feverish' and generally unwell. NONE had a temp >97.7 or any other objective finding).

Wash your hands, cover your mouth, stay away from people who look sick. If YOU are sick: stay home, cruise the Forums, dry fire. Hydrate, use saline nasal spray if your head/nose/sinuses don't feel 'right'. If you're genuinely sick, get to the doc and get tested.

To follow this as it evolves, www.cdc.gov has a link right on their home page.

All I really need is, no wait, I have that.

And if I don't I am sure I'll be able to acquire it if TSRHTF (R=Really as in unlike y2k, but more like that 60's rock song, "the End of the World as We Know It")

I have a well. I have a generator, I have wild game that is semi-tame in abundance in my neighborhood. Downside is that I have Neighbors.

Anyone think that perhaps a little better screening of people that are visiting the U.S. OR returning from other places MIGHT just have avoided some of this?

Jim

Neighbors might be a good thing, you could eat them. I cannot thinks of a more whole or complete for for people other than people. :devil:

This has all the makings of a zombie movie.

- people get infected with a new disease

- no cure for new disease

- people start to stock pile food and ammo

- swine flu zombies emerge and eat people (or brains)

- military intervenes and blows up town with very large bomb

- a small group of people escape and are cast in the sequel

Now since we don't know much about swine flu zombies, lets analyze the previous zombie pandemics.

Return of the Living Dead - Probably the best of all the zombies. Infected with the military

chemical Trioxin 245, these zombies were fast, strong, smart and could talk. Disease was airborne

and easily transmitted. No known weakness. Gunshots and hacking off limbs did not have any effect.

Incineration was the only defense, however the gases produced were fatal and created more zombies.

Dawn of the Dead (2004 version) - Another outbreak of flesh eating zombies infected with who knows

what. These zombies were slow and wandered around aimlessly. However they appeared strong and inflicted massive bites to their victims. Disease was spread through bites from infected. Gunshots, chainsaws and other improvised weapons were effective in staving off the deadly hoard.

28 Days Later - This time its the British military's fault. Humans infected with the 'Rage' virus.

Incubation period was typically 60 seconds or less. Zombies were fast, agile and strong.

Disease transmission was through bites or contact with bodily fluids from the infected. Gunshots

and other improvised weapons which could cause severe trauma were effective.

Swine Flu Zombies - Very little information available at this time. Infection and transmission rate

appears slower than previous zombie epidemics. Humans infected with Swine Flu show symptoms similar

to influenza making identification of Swine Flu zombies difficult. At this time, it is also unknown

if Swine Flu zombies eat human flesh or brains to ease the pain and suffering. We can assume that

weapons capable of inflicting severe trauma would be a good defense against Swine Flu zombies.

Tips - Stay indoors.

Avoid unnecessary travel

Have a fresh supply of food and water

Have plenty of ammunition

Aim for the head.

+1

All I really need is, no wait, I have that.

And if I don't I am sure I'll be able to acquire it if TSRHTF (R=Really as in unlike y2k, but more like that 60's rock song, "the End of the World as We Know It")

I have a well. I have a generator, I have wild game that is semi-tame in abundance in my neighborhood. Downside is that I have Neighbors.

Anyone think that perhaps a little better screening of people that are visiting the U.S. OR returning from other places MIGHT just have avoided some of this?

Jim

Neighbors might be a good thing, you could eat them. I cannot thinks of a more whole or complete for for people other than people. :devil:

Soylent green?

The whole swine flu thing is crap. It's just the media's way of getting you to watch TV! It also makes you dependent on the government to provide a vaccine.

In the US nearly 115 fatal car accidents per day.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_...US_and_in_China

Looks like you stand a much better chance of dying in a car accident then you do of dying from swine flu. Guess we should all stop driving??? :)

Okay...and now how about just the "good 'ole regular flu":

"About 36,000 Americans die on average per year from the complications of flu."

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/disease.htm

That's roughly 98 people per day. How many people have died in the USA from swine flu so far this year? ONE!!!!

The whole swine flu thing is crap. It's just the media's way of getting you to watch TV! It also makes you dependent on the government to provide a vaccine.

Looks like you stand a much better chance of dying in a car accident then you do of dying from swine flu. Guess we should all stop driving??? :)

That's roughly 98 people per day. How many people have died in the USA from swine flu so far this year? ONE!!!!

The 1 was imported. I feel sorry for the kid and family, but the flu has always been a bitch.

Check this out.

Another diversion to make us watch the screen, but not pay attention to the man behind the curtain pulling levers. While all this crap is flooding the airwaves, H.R. 1913 (Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009) passed the House. I haven't heard a word of this on mainstream, but it's lighting up the alternative media radio waves. I haven't watched Lou Dobbs or Judge Napolitano lately, maybe they've talked about it and I've missed it.