Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock grips

olp73

I have used the search function : ) no luck

I am s setting up a Glock 17 for IPSC production (not much you can do), but grip tape is allowed. This time I wont to try the Agrip. Does anyone have experience with it? Is it a quality product?

I absolutely hate the original glock grip. Both the shape and the angel, but love the rest of the gun ( even the trigger pull. ) I have big hands and hope that the Agrip might make it a little bigger and a little rounder. The glock grip I hopelessly “square” for me. The grip angel I guess I have to live with. <_<

Skateboard tape kinds of grips are ok. But ends up full of dead skin (and lose the bite) and doesn’t really work that great with sweaty match hands.

Any experiences?

And last, Is Agrip IPSC legal? It is not a rubber sleeve, but grip tape, right?

I have used the search function : ) no luck

I appreciate you letting me know that! :roflol:

Seriously though, I haven't used A-grip, but I have used skate board tape. I think of AGrip as skate board tape for the scissor-challenged shooter. :P

I didn't care for the SB tape...it was very rough on my hands. May have been the tape I was using or maybe I'm just a wimp.

I believe AGrip is USPSA and IPSC Production legal as well.

TruGrip is great! I have it on my G35, and after trying it out 3 other shooters who are "Glock-ists" bought some. It's a 2-piece system that has stayed secure now for about 6 month's. It hasn't lost any grit, and has stayed in place. Only issue is where my wedding band was rubbing and rubbed off some of the grit.....solved it by not wearing the wedding band when I shoot! ;-)

Try it out...pretty cheap to try.

z-

I actually prefer the Tag-Grip because I don't like having abrasive on the rear of the grip.

I really love abrasive on the rear of the grip, for me definitely the most important place. The more the better, but since a Glock can’t be metal checkered I am looking for alternatives.

One of the problems with that square flat grip is that I only have contact with the front- and back strap of the grip. If the back strap skids I kind of shot the gun out of the hand. (grip changes during firing)

TruGrip is great! I have it on my G35, and after trying it out 3 other shooters who are "Glock-ists" bought some. It's a 2-piece system that has stayed secure now for about 6 month's. It hasn't lost any grit, and has stayed in place. Only issue is where my wedding band was rubbing and rubbed off some of the grit.....solved it by not wearing the wedding band when I shoot! ;-)

Try it out...pretty cheap to try.

z-

What he said. :cheers: I have the TruGrip on my G17 and it is great. It doesn't hurt to try as it isn't that expensive to start with.

Edited by Mike L.

How does TruGrip compare SB tape as far as the aggresivness of the texture?

TruGrip seems to be a bit mellower than SB tape, but still very "grippy". Appears to have finer granules than SB tape. They feel great and hold up well.

:cheers: I have been useing Agrip for about five years. If you clean your gun really well with alot of alcohol and let it air dry. cleanit again and them apply it as per the manufacture's guidance, it seems to work pretty well. I have no experience with the others. :sight:

TruGrip is different grade of grip-tape than the stuff at most skate shops... The grains are larger (no disrespect to zipper) but not as course as most grip-tapes. The effect is more texture with less abrasiveness. It's a really solid choice for a Glock and my personal favorite, the price is easy to live with - I never felt like it was even remotely expensive.

I use TruGrip on my carry guns too.

As long as we stay away from the grip reduction and undercuts.... I can do our standard texture like on the STI/SV and other grips and still be production legal. We can only re-work those areas "textured" from the factory... but it is a permanant solution, don't have to change out tape anything and the shooter is able to have a grip surface to suit... from extremly rough to light enough to be a servicable carry gun.

Sorta.

I don't think it's allowed to cover a button. (Which A-grip does in it's stock form.)

Go to IPSC.org and click on the rules page. Then the pdf file for the handgun rules.

There is a picture there in Appendix F4, about page 67

http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesHandgun.pdf

Tape can only be applied within areas indicated by the dotted lines, which includes the front and rear backstraps.

However, tape cannot be used to disengage a grip safety, nor can tape be applied to any part of the slide, trigger,

trigger guard, magazine or on any lever or button.

*QUOTE*

I didn't care for the SB tape...it was very rough on my hands.

The trick is to use some sandpaper on the SB tape to reduce the sharpness.

Yep - I just take the back side of scissor blades and run it over the SB tape - it smooths it out nicely.