Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet feeders?

I have two KISS Bulletfeeders, one I run on pistol calibers (40 & 9) and I have only had 1 or 2 upside down bullets in 10k rounds, and I have about 2k trouble free rounds on the KISS in 223.

I would honestly rank them in the most reliable, best value items I have purchased since I started shooting.

molly coated lead works fine, jacketed/plated work excellent, the manufacturer suggests no cast lead due to the lube gumming it up. I suppose you could clean it very frequently to keep the lube build up down but then you lose some of the advantage.

I’ve built a few collators for bullet feeders and inverted bullets are more common on “square” bullets. If the height is close to the diameter (45acp) an inverted bullet is more likely. If the difference is large (like most rifle bullets) you’ll likely never see an inverted bullet.

Just like your press, bullet collators work best if mounted solid.

On the first bullet feeder I built (45 ACP) every few thousand I would get an inverted bullet, so I built the device below. The bullet drops from the collator onto the wheel and ran by a limit switch if the ogive is up it does not trigger the switch and continues around until dropping into the bullet feeder. If the larger base of the bullet is up, the switch is triggered; activating the solenoid controlled trap door, culling the inverted bullet. Zero inverted bullets for life.

feeder2.jpg

Edited by jmorris

After a pm from the op, asking for photos and the KISS answer to his question.

I see no way for it to determine the correct orientation.

There is an adjustable "flipper" that will force the tip of the bullet out to a ramp then back up putting the base down. If it is already right side up sitting on it's base nothing can catch in the ramp (notice the 45 bullet about to be flipped back up, in the 2nd photo). Tuning this part is the key to 100% operation. Also, in the photo are the simple fixtures I built to make the "wheels".

post-6631-1240420851_thumb.jpg

post-6631-1240420869_thumb.jpg

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is.... duh....

mrbfcol.wmv

Hope this answers the question. I alternated the bullets tip up / tip down so you can see the tip up bullets pass over the nose guide and the tip down bullets drop into the guide and get rotated out and flipped on the ramp. I slowed the motor down a little so you can see the operation more clearly.

Edited by RickRak2000

Ok now I understand there is something in the bowl that causes a no flat point to become unbalanced and then it falls and then gets ramped up back to vertical nose up by the ramp. Very ingenious work there.

• 3 months later...
Is the KISS now the Mr. Bulletfeeder? I am thinking about ordering a couple and wanted to be sure. Any recommendations on who to order from?

Yes, KISS is now Mr. Bulletfeeder. You can order directly from Rick, Dawson Precision and Ghostholser carry them also. I just got one about a month ago from Rick and the wait time was a couple of weeks.

Edited by DarkSmileyX

Is the KISS now the Mr. Bulletfeeder? I am thinking about ordering a couple and wanted to be sure. Any recommendations on who to order from?

According to: http://czcustom.com/KISS-MrBullet-Feeder.aspx, Mr. Bulletfeeder is formerly KISS.

I ordered the Mr.BulletFeeder a few months ago directly from the maker and have been thrilled with it. Zero issues, it all worked perfectly the first time - just follow the directions that comes with it.

My Bulletfeeder (which was purchased when KISS was its name) started to send bullets nose down.

I also have two or three bullets coming at one time. Any parts to replace in your opinion ?

I sent en Email to Rick about this matter, waiting for his reply.

Do any of you have pictures of your 1050 setup with the Mr Bulletfeeder? I just received my 1050, have a Mr Bulletfeeder on order, and am trying to plan for the added space the feeder will consume.

Am I correct in thinking the KISS had a tube while the Mr does not?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

041.jpg

Do any of you have pictures of your 1050 setup with the Mr Bulletfeeder? I just received my 1050, have a Mr Bulletfeeder on order, and am trying to plan for the added space the feeder will consume.

Am I correct in thinking the KISS had a tube while the Mr does not?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

040.jpg

042.jpg

Edited by Canuck223