Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hand Adjustable Dillon Powder Measure Knob cheap.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that anyone cares anymore, But I went ahead and ordered the 5/16 from monster, had to add $.42 though. I'll post update when I get em. :ph34r:

You'll be glad you did. I ordered 5/16 beacuase someone else told me to on this board. The package I got (from McMaster Carr) shows that these were designed to fit over SOCKET HEAD SCREWS. As in, round headed screws that use an allen wrench. That must be why the thread sizing doesn't make any sense. There are some indentations inside that appear to correspond to wrench flats, so they will "bite" and hold on the Dillon powder bar bolt head. Like I said, I have them, I use them, and the package says they are 5/16s!

I'm guessing they'll work, but monster threw me for a loop when they started talking about threads and its hard to reason with a salesperson who only thinks in a linear direction. When they get here if they fit it will be great. If not, oh well I'll send them back! This blue kool aid thing is crazy! loaded my first 60 rounds tonight in like 30min, yeah its slow, but it was 243 and my first time running the press. HAVE TO BUY MORE STUFF!!!!! :surprise: Thanks for hookin me up on the 5/16 thing, even if they do have threads, I have a BIG vice!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked up two white knobs to go on the Powder Adjustment at Home Depot yesterday. One for the SDB and the other for the 550B.

I am going to make a few other mods posted on this site as time permits. Trying to catch up by reading the FAQ's.

Thanks for the post!

The SKU for these knobs at Home Depot is 581-113. There are often several colors mixed in the same bin, if they have them at all.

Make sure you look at post #37. The knobs from McMaster-Carr are cheap if you need lots of 'em. I ordered 20 ($4.95 per 10!) and shipping was only about $5!

Edited by Alvarez Kelly

• 4 weeks later...

The SKU for these knobs at Home Depot is 581-113. There are often several colors mixed in the same bin, if they have them at all.

Make sure you look at post #37. The knobs from McMaster-Carr are cheap if you need lots of 'em. I ordered 20 ($4.95 per 10!) and shipping was only about $5!

I went for the MrDial solution....not the cheapest, but looks good!

http://www.mrdial.com/

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My powder adjustment bolt is 7/16s. Home Depot in Little Rock didn't have any of the plastic bolt covers. A local hardware store did but not in 7/16s m

You don't want 7/16s. You want 5/16s. It doesn't matter what size bolt you have. These knobs are made to fit over a knurled headed cap screw that uses an Allen wrench.

Don't let it freak you out. You want 5/16's Rosette knobs.

I have some if you can't find them locally. PM me.

• 1 year later...

If you have trouble finding them, I sell the "Dillon blue" plastic rosette knobs for $1.50 each, plus $3 for shipping, no matter how many you buy. So... $4.50 for 1 knob, $9 for 4 knobs, $18 for 10 knobs, and so on.

I also have some red ones if you want variety. :-)

I'll take PayPal, discreet cash, or a USPS money order. Sorry, no personal checks.

Send me a PM.

$3.00 for shipping? Thought someone on here was selling them at cost + a stamp or two to ship

So the fuel to pick up the knobs, envelopes, tape etc and have his money tied up isn't worth money?

I don't think that he's making too much if any.

$3.00 for shipping? Thought someone on here was selling them at cost + a stamp or two to ship

Well... I just mailed 2 knobs. The postage was $2.07. They mail as a small package. They can't be mailed in a plain envelope with "a stamp or two." I drove to the store and bought the padded envelopes and the tape. Then I drove to the post office and waited in line.

Yeh. I must be making a killing.

I was probably the guy selling them and shipping with a stamp or two. I tried putting them in a standard envelope with some padding. A few tore open causing me to reship. That ate into my bottom line. Still I think I was selling them for $4. AK is not making a killing, he is selling something that people want. If you don't want to buy from him then go to monster fasteners dot com and order one for yourself. You will find that you have to order a box of them and oh gee pay shipping as well.

Of course, the mods were all over me when I sold them. I had to stop or become a vendor if I recall. Amazing that this talk of selling them is now allowed to go unmolested. :closedeyes:

• 1 month later...

This is kind of an old topic but I did a search on amazon and found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Flowerette-Thumb-Screw-Knob-pieces/dp/B003R2VZAW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378614531&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=white+flowerette+knob

They are Dillon blue and come 4 to a box. From the looks of it you pay 6.81 for 4 and 6.09 for shipping...

Still, if you can't find them anywhere...