Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA classifiers

kdiver58

I've shot 2 matches and the classifiers show

in the results but they are not showing up when

I put my member number in and check my

classification letter.. I'm still a U in everything?

I check other friends who shot that match and theirs are

in. Any ideas?

Edited by kdiver58

You need four classifier scores in one division before you are given a class. After that, USPSA uses your best six scores from your most recent eight.

If you get less than a 2% score on a classifier, it is not inputted into the database.

Also, the classification database is updated once a month...usually around the 15th. The update is not done as soon as you shoot a match and the scores are uploaded.

I think they would still show up, you just wouldn't yet have a classification.

You'd better check with your local Match Director and Stats Officer. It sounds like your member number isn't getting turned in when they send in the classification file to USPSA.

Yeah they would still show up .... even if you only shot 1 classifier it would show up.

I would call USPSA HQ and ask. Maybe the club couldn't read your handwriting, and got your USPSA member number entered incorrectly, or your name was misspelled. One or the other will cause this to happen. It's very important that the guy doing stats at your club can read your handwriting.

Hey Pharaoh, I did not post the question but thanks for the info. It saved me a little reading. Sure sounds alot like earning a USGA handicap index in golf.

No problem.

It's more like belt rank in martial arts. A white belt really has chance against a 2nd degree black belt in a major tournament, nor do they have the same skill sets and repertoire of moves. With the classification system, people compete with only those in their own class.

I check other friends who shot that match and theirs are

in. Any ideas?

I think from his original post that the other people's scores did make it in, but his didnt. Sounds like he should probably call USPSA, but I'm pretty new, so I dont know the exact procedure. Maybe he should contact the person who ran the match?

I would call USPSA HQ and ask.

I've called my local match director and the scores have all been turned in.

Mine is the only one not showing up.

Anyone know who I call?

What is the number?

Thanks.

Go to USPSA.com , on the left side click Additional Content, on the left again click Status of Uploaded Classifiers, enter your club code and using the 3 options you should find enough info to determine what is going on. Or PM me your club name/code your USPSA# and I'll look for you.

yeah something's not right. My member number shows

up in the results but if I look at the clubs uploads of

the classifiers i do not show up .. Hmmm

I sent an email off... thanks for the help in digging

around .. K

• 1 month later...

Contacted USPSA via email and said they'd fix the problem.

2nd month in a row and some other shooter still has my classifier listed under his stats (USPSA mis-entered my member number).

Not only didn't they fix it but for some reason they listed my Feb classifier twice??? and then gave the duplicate a "D" listing thus throwing it out. What the?

Another email sent... no response...

Not trying to beat on them, I'm just trying to get classified before these major matches come up and every time they make a mistake I have to wait another month.

Frustrating...

vent mode off.

Did you happen to tank the classifiers? If you zero'd the stages or shot below 2% (not 2% at the match, 2% nationally), they wouldn't show up either.

The other question would be... did you provide the MD with your USPSA number, assuming you just signed up? If there is is no number or PENDING in the results, then the score would not have been submitted.

FYI... USPSA wouldn't have entered your number wrong... I'd check with your MD and make sure they have it right, USPSA can only go off of what they are send...

Frank

You need four classifier scores in one division before you are given a class. After that, USPSA uses your best six scores from your most recent eight.

If you get less than a 2% score on a classifier, it is not inputted into the database.

That is confusing at times. Some of my classifiers that were used were not my most recent 8, but due to throw outs and what not, it's perplexing sometimes to figure out what is going to drop and what is not. I have seen folks with classifiers that are many many months old being used, and I would not consider that the most recent 8, but the way they accept this one and don't that one, it can get rather confusing.

FYI... USPSA wouldn't have entered your number wrong...

>Not true. They admitted to me they made the error, quote --> "We located the paperwork, and it looks like the person who was doing the data entry here misread your number."

It doesn't bother me if they make a mistake, stuff happens, who cares, as long as they fix it.

Not only didn't they fix it, but it is now worse.

Going on over two months now...

Still waiting...

FYI... USPSA wouldn't have entered your number wrong...

>Not true. They admitted to me they made the error, quote --> "We located the paperwork, and it looks like the person who was doing the data entry here misread your number."

It doesn't bother me if they make a mistake, stuff happens, who cares, as long as they fix it.

Not only didn't they fix it, but it is now worse.

Going on over two months now...

Still waiting...

Cool... in other words your club does it old school... mails in the results instead of uploading online. I hadn't thought of that.

Update:

For the 3rd month in a row my classifier is messed up yet again. <_<

This time they left off my member number so I don't get credit for the classifier.

And the problem from last month still exists (someone else still has my scores listed in their stats) and no replies to my emails. :(

Anyone know who I can call at USPSA?

Cool... in other words your club does it old school... mails in the results instead of uploading online. I hadn't thought of that.

AAARGH!!!!! There is no reason they can't be uploading on-line. The system will either take a credit card, or allow the user to submit a check with minimal paperwork (Wrting the club code and classifier transaction # in the memo field on the check is sufficient).

Update:

Found out today that the local match director did indeed send my member number in after all to USPSA.

So USPSA did not enter it for some reason.

They have my member number listed as "None" for the match. :huh:

And I even shot at a different club that updates online!

I am convinced they hate me and never want to see me classified...

...other error from months ago still exists

........no response to emails :(