Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I would like a production gun

1911jerry

What's wrong with the Glock 34 you used to shoot? Not looking for an excuse to buy a new gun, are you? ;)

I switched from my G34 to a SP01 and I've had no regrets whatsoever.

Gose,

A close friend begged me to sell the G34 to him awhile back. I have been shooting my open gun since moving to Texas.

I will be at Richmond for the 2nd match of the month in July. Maybe I can shoot your SP-o1 while I am there.

JS

Shoot several brands and see which one YOU like. My choice - Glock 35. Shoots softer than a G17/34 and makes larger holes. You can use it for IDPA SSP and ESP or USPSA Lim 10, Limited or Production. You cannot wear it out. I have personally worked on Glocks with over 400,000 rounds through them.

A 1 1/4 lb trigger pull is easily achieved with minimal effort. Groups under 2" at 25 yds are pretty standard. Most will group well under that.

post-1058-1238757492_thumb.jpg

This group was shot at 25 yds. It is NOT one of my better ones.

Nambu

everything else sucks huge.

Jim

Major doesn't count in production...

Anyway...

I just shot the DTC with a M&P and placed 3rMajor doesn't count in production...

Anyway...

I just shot the DTC with a M&P and placed 3rd B in Production. I have only practised with this gun for about a month before and I have shot the XD9tac for the last 4 years. I love both guns and both are very good choices for Production.

You just need to go to a store and try them on for fit and feel. If you have some friends that have a few different makes then ask to shoot one! Heck if you ever come to Omaha look me up and I will let you shoot one of everything I have!d B in Production. I have only practised with this gun for about a month before and I have shot the XD9tac for the last 4 years. I love both guns and both are very good choices for Production.

You just need to go to a store and try them on for fit and feel. If you have some friends that have a few different makes then ask to shoot one! Heck if you ever come to Omaha look me up and I will let you shoot one of everything I have!

I have used the a Glock 34 in Production since the division started and then I went to the M&P9 last year. I and just got myself a M&P9L and like it alot. A M&P Pro is a good shooter for the game too. I had Dan Burwell work my first M&P and it is sweet.

I like the trigger better and the point of the gun.

M&P9L or M&P Pro would be my input.

Edited by vetts1911

I have played with Glocks, a Beretta Elite, a XD and a M&P and have settled on the CZ Shadow as I shoot it better than the rest. A Sig 226St is a close second. I guess I just like heavy traditional DA/SA pistols, but that's me. You just need to go to a friendly club (aren't they all?) and try different pistols to see what works best for you.

What's wrong with the Glock 34 you used to shoot? Not looking for an excuse to buy a new gun, are you? ;)

I switched from my G34 to a SP01 and I've had no regrets whatsoever.

Gose,

A close friend begged me to sell the G34 to him awhile back. I have been shooting my open gun since moving to Texas.

I will be at Richmond for the 2nd match of the month in July. Maybe I can shoot your SP-o1 while I am there.

JS

I think I'm up in Oregon shooting the R&R multigun match that weekend, but if I'm not, you're of course more than welcome to shoot my SP01.

Started in Production, will stay in Production. Glock 34 and/or 17, with TruGrip, stainless rod, 13# ISMI springs and Vanek trigger...lets me forget about all the rest and get on with shooting.

Curtis