Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Did you see Benelli has a new autoloader shotgun

3GunF1Guy

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot the big secret was coming out yesterday. I wonder how many will purchase one of these just for 3 Gun? I've been happy with my FN SLP Mk1, and Jack Travers is building and "Open" Saiga 12 for me.

I have an SBE I, so I don't really NEED another Benelli autoloader (although I would like to compare the recoil with my 3.5" High Velocity Turkey loads in the Vinci compared to my SBE 1). However, I don't think anything less than a 12lb gun would be "pleasant" shooting with those loads. Please don't take away my man card for the recoil comment. :cheers:

Proving once again designers DON'T shoot! Safety is in the wrong place, hard to get to the loading port, and bad stock design all congeal to make another bad shotgun design for 3-gun....or anything else. KurtM

Very dissapointing, especialy after all the hoop-la and theatrics benelli went thru at the shot show. But I kinda expected it. Looks like more eas-of-manufacturing practices (and charge more $) then anything substantialy better for the shooter.

Proving once again designers DON'T shoot! Safety is in the wrong place, hard to get to the loading port, and bad stock design all congeal to make another bad shotgun design for 3-gun....or anything else. KurtM

Yeah, but you can take it appart to put it in the case. :roflol: I was too distracted by the cool music to notice any of the design features.

Mule

One thing to note on this model.........

Push a button, 1/4 twist.....magazine tube comes off, and you put a new pre-loaded magazine tube on....hmmmm....interesting, this may change the view point of a few????

Proof that you can put racing stripes on a turd........but its still a turd.

Agreed. Same affect achieved by adding a wing.

Exactly, look at the Car of Tommorrow in a US car series.... turd with racing stripes... :roflol::cheers:

Can't polish a turd.-----------------Larry

Maybe...

It was designed for people that are not competition shooters?

Arn't almost all of the shotguns that we use for 3-Gun made for something else. I know for a fact that the Benelli, Win SX2, Remington 1100/1187, FN SLP and my Browning Gold were all made for or started as a bird gun. Then switched over to something that we could use in competition. There are a couple of exeptions, The Siaga and a couple of other combat shotguns, But still we do pretty good with what started as a bird gun.

Scott