Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RE: Glock 19

Rye

I had bought a new glock 19 for carry. I took out the slide to remove the copper oil or clean it but in the processing of removing the slide, when i pulled it back and turn the slide lock down i accidentally pull the trigger and that push the slide forward and i was able to ermove it, it happened twice and now it seems like my firing pin is quite loose and my safety on the trigger. I never heard any internal noise that sounds like loose. I'm freaking out because it's brand new and I think I already messed it up. Any input on this would reall help. Thanks.

I'm not quite following you. If you hear a rattle when you shake the slide (when it is off), it may be a normal result of how you are removing the slide.

I don't remember the details of the test, but I think if you look in the back of your manual and you will find some instructions of how to check to see if everything is installed in the slide correctly. You may be accidentally doing this test.

The trick to removing the slide is to just slightly pull back on the slide while pulling the slide lock down. Your finger should be no where near the trigger when doing this.

You are supposed to dry fire first, then retract the slide a bit and pull/hold down the slide release, then pull off the slide.

The rattling noise is probably the striker, and that's normal.

Test like this: pull the striker rearward and let go. Try to push it more forward.

Then press on the striker safety and try to push the striker forward again, it should now protrude out of the slide.

You are supposed to dry fire first, then retract the slide a bit and pull/hold down the slide release, then pull off the slide.

The rattling noise is probably the striker, and that's normal.

Test like this: pull the striker rearward and let go. Try to push it more forward.

Then press on the striker safety and try to push the striker forward again, it should now protrude out of the slide.

I'll try to do that then. Thanks guys.

If you're not able to get the slide off, you can lock it back and remove the rear plate with it still on. Remove the striker assembly and you should be able to get it apart.

If it is already coming apart, however, then just make sure everything is where it belongs, as suggested.

H.

After dry firing my G19 the firing pin rattles also ,which is normal because it's not under a lot of spring tension. Now when you pull the slide back it's cocked half way back and under spring pressure,it should not rattle,then as you pull on the trigger the firing pin is pulled back even more to full cock until it releases and fires.