Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brad Balsley

Flexmoney

http://www.usaac.army.mil/amu/Featured/featured.html

Balsley.jpg

SPC Brad Balsley is a rapid fire pistol shooter with the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit, Fort Benning, Ga., has distinguished himself in competitive marksmanship through his many accomplishments.

2008 Accomplishments

SPC Brad A Balsley

Rapid Fire Pistol Shooter

International Pistol Team

2008 Junior Rapid Fire National Champion

2008 Junior Sport Pistol National Champion, National Record Holder Junior Rapid Fire Pistol, Member Gold Medal Winning World IPSC Championships, Silver Medal World IPSC Championships

Brad really is a great guy, but more importantly he is a great SHOOTER!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Actually, being a great guy is more important than being a good shooter.

:cheers: to Brad :cheers:

PS: Just can't help giving you a hard time, Keen... :devil:

PS: Just can't help giving you a hard time, Keen... :devil:

I got it Papi. :rolleyes::roflol:

It's just so hard to believe that such a nice young man can lay off IPSC style shooting most of the year, then train for less than a month, and come in 92% of Chris Tilley at the Nats, and 91% of Eric Grauffel at the WS.

I train all season long, and I'm happy to come in 80-85% of the big dogs. B) I gotta move down South so I can suck up some of that "we-practice-all-year-long" shooting vibe that you Florida, Texas, and other southern states shooters have in your blood. :bow:

I'm proud to say that Brad is one of my best friends. We met at the PSA shootout when we were kids. I had my ankle operated on and I was shooting on one foot lol. We had a great time. If anyone could be the next world champion it would be him. Like Mr. Keen said he had not picked up an open gun in a year and still kicked ass at the World shoot. Brad has helped me hone my skills tremendously. I could only hope that one day I could be half as good as him. Brad has the best attitude of any person I have met and is a true gentleman.

There are a few you tube videos of him shooting. He makes every shot appear effortless. He is a true pro!

Congrats!

Edited by PINMAN44

I met Brad during registration for our first match at EAGC (same match Boz shot with him). I had no idea who he was. He looked like a new shooter-soldier, and we get lots of them here since we are next to Ft. Benning. I asked if he was shooting production (new to the sport, I thought), he replied "No, Open". Hmmmmmm

So I am standing talking to Boz or someone in that squad, I noticed he was ready to shoot, and I turned to talk to this person. When the buzzer went off, I was sure that the gun was going auto. He shot that stage in 17 seconds with 2-3 points down. The rest of us were happy in the 25-45 range.

I talked to him last at the Ft. Benning 3 gun, after the nationals and worlds. I asked if they would be moving him from International Pistol to the Action Shooting team. He said he did not want to move. I naturally asked why, and he said "I want to win an Olympic Gold Medal".

Quite a guy

Mark K

USAMU 1985-89, 1992-1995

Western PA's own! Way to go Brad!

Which...as we have previously established...is part of "Ohio Country". :cheers:

(I'm probably gonna have fun with that for a while, Vince... If I can lay claim to Brad and the Steelers in any way.)

Western PA's own! Way to go Brad!

Which...as we have previously established...is part of "Ohio Country". :cheers:

(I'm probably gonna have fun with that for a while, Vince... If I can lay claim to Brad and the Steelers in any way.)

Oh we are not done with that one yet....

I met Brad during registration for our first match at EAGC (same match Boz shot with him). I had no idea who he was. He looked like a new shooter-soldier, and we get lots of them here since we are next to Ft. Benning. I asked if he was shooting production (new to the sport, I thought), he replied "No, Open". Hmmmmmm

So I am standing talking to Boz or someone in that squad, I noticed he was ready to shoot, and I turned to talk to this person. When the buzzer went off, I was sure that the gun was going auto. He shot that stage in 17 seconds with 2-3 points down. The rest of us were happy in the 25-45 range.

I talked to him last at the Ft. Benning 3 gun, after the nationals and worlds. I asked if they would be moving him from International Pistol to the Action Shooting team. He said he did not want to move. I naturally asked why, and he said "I want to win an Olympic Gold Medal".

Quite a guy

Mark K

USAMU 1985-89, 1992-1995

I can't say just how much I appreciate him wanting to win a Gold and not getting caught up in what others want him to do. We'd all love to have him focus on USPSA/IPSC but he has a goal and an opportunity that we all envy. Best of luck to Brad and I look forward to him coming back to USPSA once he has at least one Gold.