Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Things guys will do to go to a match!

Skizeks

post-1865-1237752854_thumb.jpg

This guy really wanted to go to the match!!

Something about his dad bought a new gun and his brother has a gun and they have all the mag pouches and I'm going to the match too. This is waht he came up with.

Way Cool

Edited by Skizeks

Not sure that would exactly be "legal" but I would let him play just for the simple fact that he tried that dang hard to come to a match and shoot. That beats the hell out of the guys showing up with 2 mags lol.

Go for it, brother!

The ONE thing that impressed me most at my first USPSA match was that, for new shooters, it was "run what ya brung". Sure, there were modifications that could be made ... later ... if you REALLY wanted to get into formal competition. But, for the first time out, whatever you had was just fine. All shooters welcome and we're glad you're here.

That followed an experience with another shooting sport where my gear was ridiculed. Matching up the belt loops on my jeans with the holster belt loops meant that the front of the holster was ~1" forward of the side seam. Horrors! Egad! Illegal! Can't possibly shoot the match with THAT!

Ingenuity? (Expletive deleted) right! Good on you. Hope to see you next month.

(Might want to check the Forum classifieds for 'mag pouches' at some point, though ....).

post-1865-1237752854_thumb.jpg

This guy really wanted to go to the match!!

Something about his dad bought a new gun and his brother has a gun and they have all the mag pouches and I'm going to the match too. This is waht he came up with.

Way Cool

Outstanding!!! :bow::bow: :bow:

The picture was pretty cool, but what has me chuckling is thinking that I bet every one of us who saw that photo had two immediate thoughts. The first was something like "Wow, that's cool" and the second was how each of us would modify his design to improve on it. I mean come on, those mags seat way too deep and will take extra seconds to get out. What about full pouches (w/ a bottom) to control seating depth... oooh and what if you line the insides of the pouches with some plastic scraps to reduce friction... and you could make them a little loose except for some rubber bands wrapped around the top of each pouch to control tension and...

Sorry... I'll stop now.

...and yes, my sister did make me a duct tape wallet for Christmas this year.

I was ROing the kid and at first look I was thinking "What the Hell" :surprise: then I was thinking this is great. Need is the mother of all invention. I was proud of him for putting the effort forth to shoot the match no matter what. My hats off to him. Red Green lives on. :roflol: