Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past the weapons disclosure was kept in the vehicle of the owner/driver. After the match it goes home with you, you trash it ect.

HOP

I thought they kept a copy of it at the gate? I remember filling out 2 copies.

You are correct that they keep a copy at the gate. This year the disclosure requires serial numbers of the weapons.

In view of the Ft Hood incident, we are lucky we can get on with outside weapons at all. We are lucky that there is a "traditon" at Ft Benning allowing civilian access to the ranges. They have had a civilian range there longer than Daniel Horner has been in life. So outside weapons are nothing new to them. They are not predoposed to see them as a problem.

Charels what is the #5 A hole? eddit= OK thanks stage 9 why A Hole and not fox Hole?

And I see something about a shoot-off but not any thing about how to make the cut

I tried the search function on this Forum:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1000782

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Would anyone be up for a competitor "steak out" on the range Saturday after shooting featuring hand cut Sirloin cooked to order, potatoes, salad and beer (2 beer max) for around $20.00. If you’re officially in for the fun email fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com I think it would be a lot of fun and a great way to celebrate the 5th (and final??) FB3G. I just need numbers so we can determine if it is feasible and prepare for it.

On another note the stages, as good as they look online (thanks to SGT Horner) are MUCH better, bigger and bolder on the ground. This will be one for the books, and as always we WILL have a few surprises, after all it is the FB3G!!!

BigHamp

How do we sign up for 3 steaks? :surprise:

Well...a slot opened up for you guys last week. The hubby is staying home with me on FTB3G weekend. Truth be told, he's slammed with school work, but I like his explanation better. ;) Of course...he'll probably spend the weekend in the garage working on his car. :(

Stef

Well...a slot opened up for you guys last week. The hubby is staying home with me on FTB3G weekend. Truth be told, he's slammed with school work, but I like his explanation better. ;) Of course...he'll probably spend the weekend in the garage working on his car. :(

Stef

So Rich isn't making the match now? Was looking forward to meeting him in a couple of weeks... Have a great weekend anyway!

Steve

Jim Norman Posted Yesterday, 01:50 PM

What is the deal with meeting at Chef Lee on Thursday? Anyone taking down a list?

Jim

I am. I talked to Chef Lee Friday night (after I stuffed my face), and he said we can have a room. If you think you might go, send me a PM so I can get an idea of about how many. He said he could handle 100 if we had them. No waiting, just go right in.

Jim Norman Posted Yesterday, 01:50 PM

What is the deal with meeting at Chef Lee on Thursday? Anyone taking down a list?

Jim

I am. I talked to Chef Lee Friday night (after I stuffed my face), and he said we can have a room. If you think you might go, send me a PM so I can get an idea of about how many. He said he could handle 100 if we had them. No waiting, just go right in.

The "go right in" part does it for me. I really think that part alone ought to fill the room.

Just an update on the Steak dinner for the competitors on Saturday night ----

Every e-mail (to fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com) since 11 NOV 09 regarding the Saturday night dinner has been accounted for. After 5 days of posting it, we already have a good showing - and thats why I apologize for not e-mailing all back a confirmation.

Consider this your confirmation.

Thanks folks

Just an update on the Steak dinner for the competitors on Saturday night ----

Every e-mail (to fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com) since 11 NOV 09 regarding the Saturday night dinner has been accounted for. After 5 days of posting it, we already have a good showing - and thats why I apologize for not e-mailing all back a confirmation.

Consider this your confirmation.

Thanks folks

I'm glad that there has been enough support to make this happen! Thanks for making it possible. I REALLY hope this isn't the last FB3G as Aaron has suggested :(

Just remember, what is drawn is a representation of a thought and may bear little resemblance to what we see on Friday Morning. The target count will likley be correct, but the layout might change mightily between pen and pit.

Jim

Yes Jim,

Been there done that 4 years straight!

I know all of my equipment works.

I know my rifle zero to 450 yrds.

I know my slug zero to 100 yrds.

I know my handgun zero to 50 yrds.

I have practiced weapon transitions and shooting from odd positions.

I have been working to get in better physical shape.

I have worked to control everything that is in my power to control.

I am not going to worry about anything else until I actually see the stages for real.

Except for that wobble bridge :cheers:

What if the late shot breaks :mellow: Two Clay targets?

"What if" is ok but only an experienced clay targetteer such as AlamoShooter would think about breaking 2 clays with one shot. I am lucky to hit any.

Question about Stage 5.

All ammo and accessories must fit in an ammo can or on your person.

What size ammo can?

Lee