Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

Rich,

For sure, #210 because that is me and I am in. I think lead_dispenser was just saying he is drumming his fingers, waiting patiently, because #220 is likely to get in.

Lee

That is correct. My team mate is # 219. We have our hotel and are ready to roll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've been thinking about how to get more in the match. I can not do it, so...... the FB3G 2009 will have 4 stages and the shoot-off streaming live at fb3g.com

Will anybody watch? It is a big pain if no one is interested, but I think it could make for some serious entertainment. Let me know what you think.

BigHamp

SFC Hampton - I still want the helicopter! (sorry...watched Top Sniper again last night)

I know you're kidding about 4 stages as that would be the worst backup in the history of shooting and/or the largest exodus from a shooting match ever. ;)

That said, I do say that broadcasting the shoot-offs would be awesome.

All the way!

Rich

I read that as meaning 4 stages + shootoff will be streamed LIVE. That would be cool. A great way to let someone else see the match.

-mike-

SFC Hampton - I still want the helicopter! (sorry...watched Top Sniper again last night)

I know you're kidding about 4 stages as that would be the worst backup in the history of shooting and/or the largest exodus from a shooting match ever. ;)

That said, I do say that broadcasting the shoot-offs would be awesome.

All the way!

Rich

So, I've been thinking about how to get more in the match. I can not do it, so...... the FB3G 2009 will have 4 stages and the shoot-off streaming live at fb3g.com

Will anybody watch? It is a big pain if no one is interested, but I think it could make for some serious entertainment. Let me know what you think.

BigHamp

What a great idea, I assume there will be hookups so that competitors can whip out a laptop from their tactical briefcase to better game the stages, then text it to their mates. Will there also be latte available or 4.00 a cup regular coffee?

Seriously, it should be entertaining for the viewing public, everything from the picture perfect execution of olympic athletes to Monty Python humor. I wouldn't make the sound too sensitive though.

The tactical briefcase/laptop comment gave me an interesting twist for a blind/mystery stage. Given all the UAVs and advanced imagery, all the competitor would get is an overhead view of the stage and 3-5 minutes to plan and execute the stage...

What a great idea, I assume there will be hookups so that competitors can whip out a laptop from their tactical briefcase to better game the stages, then text it to their mates. Will there also be latte available or 4.00 a cup regular coffee?

IF you need that to game the stage and your at the match....... I got your Shock Buff right here cause it aint gonna help!

And everyone who has been here knows 2 things

1. We don't do latte, mocha chino, cappachino, grande, vinte or any other fratalian fu fu drinks and

2 Real coffee cost $6.00 a cup

BigHamp

BIGHAMP: Live streaming some stages would be awesome, I know of at least 8 people that would watch, so multiply that by the number of shooters... and there's your minimum number of watchers.

Plus, I think being that it's at Ft. Benning, the theme always Army... You don't let soldiers do a walk through on a house before they clear it, right? So have some "no walkthrough" stages! (like the trenches last year but even less looking)

And as far as prop ideas, how about a HUMVEE with one of those top turrets and make everyone wear a Kevlar and goggles?!

Ruck March up Stairway to Heaven. HOOAH!

(I'm kidding).

I do like the idea of shooting FROM a vehicle though. On the bay last year that we shot out of the Brad, a roof gunner position with our rifles would be kinda cool.

Rich

Pop-up targets, limited available time to shoot, no movement by the shooter required. Targets appear far to near for reduced times the closer they get, missed targets reappear. to end the stage, one long range target (12" plate at 300 yards?) when hit ends the time. or time out.

BigHamp

Great Idea.

Pop-up targets, limited available time to shoot, no movement by the shooter required. Targets appear far to near for reduced times the closer they get, missed targets reappear. to end the stage, one long range target (12" plate at 300 yards?) when hit ends the time. or time out.

Jim: I do not know if Ft Benning can do that but if you will get the gear, load it up and haul it down from New Jersey in your motor home, we will certainly be glad to use it at the Area 6 match and your entry would of course be our treat.

Sounds almost like our old rifle qualifiers in the 90's (dunno how qualifiers are run nowadays). 30 popup targets from 50 to 300yds (they dropped when hit or when their exposure time expired); fixed time, 2strings: 15 shot from prone, and 15 in the foxhole. Kinda like whack-a-mole with a rifle. Take a whole squad and run them through the qualification range, I guess.

Ruck March up Stairway to Heaven. HOOAH!

(I'm kidding).

I do like the idea of shooting FROM a vehicle though. On the bay last year that we shot out of the Brad, a roof gunner position with our rifles would be kinda cool.

Rich

Rich,

Doing that once or twice in my lifetime is more then enough, but thanks for the thought! :roflol: 28 years later, i doubt I could do it again. See you there! Just saw you were kidding, but my post stands! <_<

Steve

Sounds almost like our old rifle qualifiers in the 90's (dunno how qualifiers are run nowadays). 30 popup targets from 50 to 300yds (they dropped when hit or when their exposure time expired); fixed time, 2strings: 15 shot from prone, and 15 in the foxhole. Kinda like whack-a-mole with a rifle. Take a whole squad and run them through the qualification range, I guess.

OMG!! 90's OLD???? I did pop-ups for qualification with an M14 at Ft. Leonard Wood in 1965.......90's OLD??? You young whippersnapper, you need to be watchful of who you're calling................ancient? :roflol::roflol:

We used to get the 305 range at Quantico for rec fire. We'd generally run 4 stages on 8 of the 16 firing positions - some short some long (450 meters). Then at the end of the day we'd have a team match. Each team (up to 4 shooters) had 3 lanes of targets, 400 target appearances in 8 minutes, highest hit count wins. That would be a trip!