Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about racking all the rifles for the squad and then draw names to see whos rifle you fire. Make it ten rounds and long range targets for a small bonus. Give it a par time of 1 minute or so. The rifles owner gets a few minutes to coach you on the gun in a safe area.

No wait better idea, move me off the waiting list into the match :goof:

How about racking all the rifles for the squad and then draw names to see whos rifle you fire. Make it ten rounds and long range targets for a small bonus. Give it a par time of 1 minute or so. The rifles owner gets a few minutes to coach you on the gun in a safe area.

So, who gets credit for the long range hits - the guy that set up the rifle, or the guy that used the really well setup rifle? :roflol:

So, who gets credit for the long range hits - the guy that set up the rifle, or the guy that used the really well setup rifle? :roflol:

Bad idea. My opinion. Liability #1, what if... And, #2

What if, you shot my gun and somehow manage to screw it up? I am out because you 'broke' my gun. I don't want to have my gun used as a stage prop. Better we have a special weapon supplied by the AMU that is their responsibility to zero and maintain.

Jim

Easy folks, just an idea. I was thinking make it stupid simple. Get into a supported postion then start the buzzer. O well next idea.

Cheryl you can use my rifle you've seen it run and hit stuff like air and the lost unlucky fly. I know Mr. Sunshine :lol: has yours dialed in.

Easy folks, just an idea. I was thinking make it stupid simple. Get into a supported postion then start the buzzer. O well next idea.

Cheryl you can use my rifle you've seen it run and hit stuff like air and the lost unlucky fly. I know Mr. Sunshine :lol: has yours dialed in.

Funny thought - I would love to see the look on some faces when they had to take a 300 shot with my Mini 14 with iron sights or got hit in the nose with my shotgun because the stock has been shortened to fit me. EVIL!!!

Okay, this will be my first FTB3G, and from the video's and personal stories, this is gonna be a great challenge.

My suggestion for a stage would simulate enemy lateral movement and would be a good test of target lead, especially rifle shots. A string of two or three together would be a good test of skill. Even two sets of movers on one stage. Popper activated.

I'd like to see close quarter target recognition, like house to house, with good-guy, bad-guy pictures on the targets for shotgun/pistol. Then the same thing at distance with the rifle, all on the same stage.

Whatever happens, glad to make the show.

Okay, this will be my first FTB3G, and from the video's and personal stories, this is gonna be a great challenge.

My suggestion for a stage would simulate enemy lateral movement and would be a good test of target lead, especially rifle shots. A string of two or three together would be a good test of skill. Even two sets of movers on one stage. Popper activated.

I'd like to see close quarter target recognition, like house to house, with good-guy, bad-guy pictures on the targets for shotgun/pistol. Then the same thing at distance with the rifle, all on the same stage.

Whatever happens, glad to make the show.

If there is to be a mover putting it out at 200 yards would be a real challenge. Sadly, doing so would all but guarantee the largest backup any match has ever seen unless of course it was a steel mover. While I have never seen one, I would never sell AMU short.

At Rifles Only, they use a moving LaRue target that resets itself as it moves..usually you can get off at least 5 (bolt rifle ) shots before it gets to the other side of the berm :)

Cheryl :)

mover at ~75 yards ......... It does NOT need to be further out to be a challenge.

ROGER THAT!!!!

Several matches have used Texas Stars at 50 and 75 yards, but the reset time is brutal.

Hello all, to MY knowledge no one has used a 5.45 projectile at the FB3G. Neither I nor the staff will be actively looking for it either. If your projectile is attracted to a magnet, you can not use it, if you are caught game over. The OP on this topic quoted the RULE as minimum caliber .223/ 5.56, this is interesting as it states MINIMUM meaning must be equal to or larger than 5.56. To my knowledge (and I went to LA public schools so I could be wrong) 5.45 issss smaller than 5.56, question answered.

Let’s move on to more interesting topics. If you could pick one cool item or prop (NO VEHICLES OF ANY KIND) what would it be?

This year’s theme is going to be pretty BA!

This years T-shirt will be the best ESPECIALLY if you've been to any Tactical 3-Gun this year, you will want to per-order a few!

Rooms are almost gone, make your reservations soon, or you'll have to find another hotel. Keep in mind most hotels in this area fill up about 3 months out for the weekends, this is when the trainees get there graduation date so make those reservations early.

Any other questions, post them here, I want to get the post count up! :roflol:

BigHamp

BigHamp: Thanks for the clarification! Now, at #220, I am waiting for that "special" email...

With the RM3G,,, just next week,,, maybe I have not been paying attention.

http://fb3g.com/

Chevrolet dealer here in Columbus, Ga. Sunday December 6th, 2009 the staff of FB3G09 will give the winner of the man-on-man 3-Gun shoot-off a 1 in 50 chance of winning the Legacy Chevrolet vehicle. :surprise::surprise::surprise:

They are going to have a Car as a prize at the match!!!!

WOW!!

Jim M ammo

Linda sent me an email a few weeks ago saying that I was #16 on the waiting list now. I check my email and this thread several times daily also. I am confident that the message will come, but man, it is like being a kid at Christmas.

Hurley

Rich,

For sure, #210 because that is me and I am in. I think lead_dispenser was just saying he is drumming his fingers, waiting patiently, because #220 is likely to get in.

Lee

I think I'm currently #7 on the wait list. So odds are good. Focused on the ASC now though. :D

Rich

Let me clear up a small misconception. When I send a message to one person on the waiting list, everyone else will get a message also.

One or two shooters at the front of the list will get a message saying:

"Great News. Some shooters have changed plans and you are off the Ft Benning 3 Gun waiting list I am sending you this confirmation email & will be sending your check on to the AMU. Thanks for your patience! -- Linda"

I have not sent out any messages like that yet. And at the same time I send out that message, literally EVERYONE else on the waiting list will get a message saying:

" Good news. Some shooters have changed plans. You are now # x on the Waiting List. - Linda"

Anyone who spent time on the waiting list in past years will find those two messages very familiar.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician