Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glockworx standard trigger ruled production legal

Yar1180

Just heard back from John Amidon from USPSA. The Glockworx standard trigger that we submitted for evaluation has been ruled legal for production. They have made an announcement in the USPSA members section with revised information on what is legal for production class.

On a side note Robert Ray from IDPA has also ruled the GW Standard trigger as legal for SSP.

Just heard back from John Amidon from USPSA. The Glockworx standard trigger that we submitted for evaluation has been ruled legal for production. They have made an announcement in the USPSA members section with revised information on what is legal for production class.

On a side note Robert Ray from IDPA has also ruled the GW Standard trigger as legal for SSP.

Ray,

You may want to slow down a bit. I didn't see a NROI ruling here: http://www.uspsa.org/rules/nroi_rulings.php

So that probably means that it will be part of this:

Production Division Board Statement

Motion: Release the BOD Statement of Direction, NROI Interpretation and FAQ documents immediately. NROI Interpretations and FAQ document are provided for a 30-day member review period, after which the Board will set an official effective date.

The rules have not yet been modified (clarified) and won't be for at least a month.

Later,

Chuck

PS: Oh yeah: There is no "production class" :rolleyes:

Edited by ChuckS

ChuckS pretty much said everything that I was thinking. Documentation of approval would be nice to have since many people pay LOTS of money to travel and compete at major matches.

Yup,

I didn't mean to imply that it's not going to be approved. I just flashed back on the angst of the CV trigger stuff and thought we should caution folks to wait for the start signal... ;)

Later,

Chuck

Please pardon my stupidity, but what does the "Standard Trigger" have to offer that a regular Glock trigger does not?

W/ the standard trigger kit, reset shorten by half, All the over travel removed possible without disabling drop safety, adjustable over travel, 2 lbs trigger pull

Please pardon my stupidity, but what does the "Standard Trigger" have to offer that a regular Glock trigger does not?

W/ the standard trigger kit, reset shorten by half, All the over travel removed possible without disabling drop safety, adjustable over travel, 2 lbs trigger pull

That sounds pretty sweet!

I am assuming you are referring to the Glockworx FULCRUM trigger?

I am assuming you are referring to the Glockworx FULCRUM trigger?

I think the GW Standard trigger starts from an OEM part.

The Fulcrum trigger is aluminum. I don't think that even the new rulings/interpretations allow that... :unsure:

• 5 years later...

At one time, USPSA / John Amadon had issued a letter stating that the Glockworx / ZEV Technologies "Standard trigger" was Deemed "Production legal,

Yes at that time the trigger pads had the "Punched out Pins" with a OEM Glock trigger pad.

if this has changed with the new administration at the USPSA offices / Administration in the passing years, concerning the visual aspects of the pins . . . .i honestly don't know" and the USPSA home office can comment.

I do know that among a one or two well known shooters making/Modifying very highly regarded triggers that are USPSA legal

the DK customs triggers are Production legal and do not have the Punched out Pin Issues.

. . . . .that and his Kits are using the best Ultra Light weight Striker out there.

Just saying.

• 1 month later...

Below is the email I just got from ZEV:

"....The letter you were told about is several years old. The rules have since changed. At the time of the letter our triggers were legal in production, as of the new rule change they are not technically legal for production shooting.

Hope this answers your question.

Daniel"

I am afraid ZEV standard triggers are no longer legal for Production