Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wheel gun smiths?

edgerat

good point nickels :) looking for someone that can wring the last little bit of accuracy out of a 627 or 610. Thinking that Pinnacle is going to get the call :)

Isaac

P.S. thank you guys!

Isaac, if achieving the utmost accuracy from a revolver is your goal, you might want to consider contacting Warren Moore (Toolguy) here on the forum. He builds Bianchi Cup revolvers and has the experience and equipment to properly fit and install cylinders and aftermarket barrels, and do the associated machine work necessary to set up a gun for NRA Action competition and that kind of thing. You can PM Warren here or contact him through his dealer forum Protocall Design. He's a straight shooter and will treat you right.

I work on competition S&W revolvers myself, but I am not a machinist and pretty much limit the scope of my work to a competition action package that transforms a stock S&W revolver into a USPSA/IDPA/ICORE-worthy competition gun in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. This will always be a sideline hobby for me, but I'm pleased to say there are now quite a few of my guns being used out there at the matches by some serious top-level wheelgunners. As a side note--I recently initiated the process of setting up a dealer forum here on BE to serve as an information and contact source for my work. The "Carmonize!" sub-forum should be up and running very shortly.

Edited by Carmoney

Now that ^^^ is the type of forthright stuff that we should see a lot more. I am good at xxxxxx and this guy is good at yyyyyyy. Nicely done Mike. I have a LOT of respect for genuine people.

If you're looking to help build accuracy into a gun, you might look for someone who builds PPC guns. I use Alan Tanaka in Gardena, California. He's fitted a Ti cylinder and has done some triggerwork on my 627. The trigger is not as light as a Randy Lee trigger, but completely acceptable for ICORE and Steel Challenge. John Pride of PPC/Bianchi fame uses Alan. I bought my 627 from John.

Good luck,

Seiichi

• 1 month later...

this is why I look and listen to people on this forum--I have found them to be helpful and TRUTHFULLLL --abd I have seen some of Mikes work--only wish I could do close to what he dose--and I hear he shoots pretty well.. my $.02

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys! Mike Carmoney does some of the best match grade actions in the country. Also a top

shooter and knows firsthand what works and why. Highly Recommend. Simmonsguns - Thanks my friend, and welcome to the

Forums!

It would probably be worth knowing whether the "last bit of accuracy" is single or double action. Bullseye is a whole different game, and the terrible things we do to hammers in USPSA has no business there. That said, I'm constantly in awe of how accurate my 625 is from the factory, and how nice the pull is in SA.

H.

I would recommend Frank Glenn at Glenn Cusom in Phoenix, AZ.

He has built Biachi Guns for Robbie Leatham, Brian Enos, Arnt Myhre and myself and I would like to quote TGO who once said:

"He built the revolvers I shot at the Bianchi Cup before I changed to the auto. I should have won that match many times as I always had the best revolvers on the line". Thats a pretty nice statment in my ears.

Frank is a really nice guy and a eral gentleman.

Check out his website and do give him a call.

http://www.glenncustom.com/

//Fredrik

Edited by Freddie the Swede